PDA

View Full Version : Paint Q closed?

Eight_Knots
10-27-2012, 03:24 PM
I should have known.. egg heads again. As usual this and that a round trip from Boston to Austin, Main to Spain, 4 County Fairs and 40 acres of Goats in 10 acres of field. Primer used was Epoxy type, Exterior Hull and Interior on Marine AA .250 Plywd and Douglas Fir frames. Exterior finish Hull paint is Epoxy as well, Robins Egg Blue and expensive. Basically, basic eh? Finger on putting a sort of Paint on the primed interior and just knew I could get a squared away answer. Glad this was not a navigation question requiring a Heading to avoid the shallow shoals. wtf
Dancing Dory Dave aka Eightknots

wizbang 13
10-27-2012, 05:10 PM
locked the thread, huh.
so,
"epoxy type" primer.
that does not say much. some latex paints even put the word "epoxy" on the can. or it could be epoxy resin , or a true 2 part epoxy primer, but some are more brittle than others. Some do not paint on nicely, they run and drip , some make amine blush , that needs dealing with, on n on .
anyway, I think you may have a big mistake using interior ply.
did you do any testing?
can you put up pics?

Eight_Knots
10-28-2012, 06:52 AM
Marine Plywd used. Same plywd showing inside AA .250 Marine. Primer is 2 part, actually 3 part ie, Paint, Reducer, Hardener. Camera on the blink along with my bones.
ddd