PDA

View Full Version : Gas is coming down

John Smith
10-27-2012, 01:30 PM
How come no one's blaming Obama.

My area gas has been coming down in price. Dropped 10 cents since my last fill up.

Phillip Allen
10-27-2012, 01:44 PM
I am, this happens right before every election no matter who the incumbent is.

my thought as well... does any administraton REALLY have the power to do that?... if so, it should be taken away somehow. Political manipulation for power grabbing has got to be criminal on some level... no mater what party

ccmanuals
10-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Probably tweek it at best, i.e. when the threat of releasing oil from the national reserves is used the price tends to come down a bit.

leikec
10-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Is the president responsible for the drop in price?

Romney's been blaming the president for high gas prices--should he be thanking the president for the drop in price?

Jeff C

John Smith
10-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Is the president responsible for the drop in price?

NO! that's my point. He's not responsible for them going up, either.

However, if you wish to blame him when they go up, blame him when they go down: be consistant.

John Smith
10-27-2012, 02:07 PM
my thought as well... does any administraton REALLY have the power to do that?... if so, it should be taken away somehow. Political manipulation for power grabbing has got to be criminal on some level... no mater what party

The only ones who can control gas prices would be the oil companies. Elections do come at the same time every year: maybe that's got something to do with gas prices, or maybe it's a conspiracy.

I can see the oil companies playing with gas prices to help Bush, but Obama?

What I noticed here is I had to notice them coming down at the pump. When they're going up I hear it on the news almost daily. That sounds like a conspiracy if you're looking for one.

It's been posted here how FOX spend a lot of air time when prices were going up under Bush to point out the president has no control. Their "reporting" was quite the opposite when they were going up under Obama.