PDA

View Full Version : Canoez - breweries

Paul Pless
10-25-2012, 01:39 PM
So on one city block in downtown Ann Arbor there are four separate craft brewers.

Arbor, which is excellent and my favourite local brewery.

Grizzly, which has good beer, especially their signature, and quite good food.

The Jolly Pumpkin, which has really high end food but their beer offerings are just so - so. They try too hard me thinks. . .

And this place where we went last night. Which was quite good barbecue and equally good beer. Oh they had blues too!:d

http://www.bluetractor.net/bta/a2/index

__________________________________________________ ___________

There are three other microbreweries in Ann Arbor but they are dispersed. . .

Paul Pless
10-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Michigan seems a lot like beer heaven. When I moved here from Alabama there was only one craft brewery in the entire state of Alabama.

Canoez
10-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Paul, we've got no shortage of small breweries around here. There are at least 8 that I can think of within a half-hour of where I sit. However, that Bell's at Lefty's was good - and the though of their menu along with their brews is so tempting... I just rarely find myself in that neck of the woods.

Paul Pless
10-25-2012, 01:45 PM
I just rarely find myself in that neck of the woods.If and when you make it we'll be sure to do brewery and boatyard tour.

I'm excited about the new menu at Bells. Last time I was there the food was all cold deli sandwiches and salads and such. Awesome beer though. . .

Canoez
10-25-2012, 01:49 PM
You're on.

If you find yourself out this way, the offer is reciprocal. I think the West Wing might even be up for grabs...

Then again, you probably don't want to see the local boatyards. (all fiberg!@$$ and metal for the most part....)

Paul Pless
10-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Then again, you probably don't want to see the local boatyards. (all fiberg!@$$ and metal for the most part....)I hear there's a canoe building school around your place somewheres. . .;)

Canoez
10-25-2012, 01:52 PM
I hear there's a canoe building school around your place somewheres. . .;)

:::Whistling Innocently::: :rolleyes: