PDA

View Full Version : Ryan pretends to wash dishes in a soup kitchen

Shang
10-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Note: Ian's REPUBLICANS HELP THE POOR post is ahead of me on this one, Ian also posted pictures:

It seems Paul Ryan stopped by an already-empty and cleaned soup kitchen for a whopping 15 minutes, during which he and his family donned aprons and pretended to clean already-clean dishes while the media dutifully snapped photos, the Washington Post reports.

The soup kitchen president, an independent who relies of private donations for the non-partisan charity, was none too pleased with the Romney/Ryan campaign. Not only did the campaign not have permission to drop by for a photo opp, but the photo opp was a fake. The Ryan clan only pretend ed to clean dishes.

“The photo-op they did wasn’t even accurate. He did nothing. He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall.”

http://pets.americablog.com/2012/10/paul-ryan-photo-opp-was-fake-head-of-soup-kitchen-charges.html

PeterSibley
10-15-2012, 08:33 PM
http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?154256-Republicans-Help-the-Poor

Shang
10-15-2012, 08:35 PM
And we thought that Romney's lying to get a vote was the frosting on the biscuit, but no, Ryan runs him a close second.

Why would any intelligent person vote for these clowns?

Canoeyawl
10-15-2012, 09:02 PM
To get rid of Obama?

He asked " any intelligent person"...

i.e. Endowed with the capacity to reason

Chris Coose
10-15-2012, 09:04 PM
To get rid of Obama?

In the context of your support for dubbya and his invasion, it's pretty simple to see why you'd vote for this clown fest.

Keith Wilson
10-15-2012, 09:09 PM
. . . and they never dealt with the likes of Obama.Oh, really? Never ever? He's something completely unprecedented in US politics? Do tell. Aside from the color of his skin, how is that?

Ian McColgin
10-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Well, Obama's policies work out to a slightly macho version of Eisenhower Republican, which by today's standards is communist. I guess. And he's half white so no white Republicans would go with all those posters about bringing the "white" back to the White House.

Keith Wilson
10-15-2012, 09:17 PM
You sure did miss the point. I mentioned that because it's the only thing about him I can think of that's actually new in the office. So what precisely is it about Obama that "they never deal with the likes of" before?

Ian McColgin
10-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Remind us. Is Eisenhower a commie? Is the Heritage medical plan somehow a governement take-over?

Keith Wilson
10-15-2012, 09:38 PM
No, you made the point. You automatically assumed racism, because you can't think of any other reason why I might think Obama is bad for our country. Nonsense. You said: ". . . and they never dealt with the likes of Obama." I asked you what is it about Obama that "they never deal with the likes of" before. The only thing I can think of that's really new about Obama is that he's the first non-white president, but I didn't think that's what you meant. I understand your disagreements with his polices well enough, but not what you think is unprecedented. That's why I asked. One might begin to suspect a case of "The wicked flee when none pursueth . . ."

Shang
10-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Keith throws down the race card. Nothing left, eh?

I believe that you missed Keith's point,

However since you brought up race, let's acknowledge that we still live in a Jim Crow nation, and many Americans still exercise their supposed right to hate and to restrict persons whose skin is darker than their own. To these unfortunate persons the presence of a half Afro/American man in the White House must seem nearly unbearable.
Nevertheless, President Obama is qualified, was legally elected, and deserves the respect that we afford to our president, even in the midst of a vociferous election campaign.

Keith Wilson
10-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Once again Donn, I did NOT assume anything about your ideas. I asked you what is it about Obama that "they never dealt with the likes of" before. You've worked yourself into a state of high dudgeon about imaginary accusations of something or other, but you still still haven't answered.

One more time: what precisely is it about Obama that "they never dealt with the likes of" before?

B_B
10-15-2012, 10:02 PM
You live in an alternate universe. It was Keith who "brought up race." Do try to keep track, Shang.
Not to be pedantic, but there is a difference between mentioning race ("brought up race") and using race as the crux of an argument ("playing the race card").

Keith Wilson
10-15-2012, 10:09 PM
What's this, Keith?You tell me. Obama is the first non-white president, that's obviously unprecedented, BUT I DON'T THINK THAT'S WHAT YOU MEANT!

One more time: what precisely is it about Obama that "they never dealt with the likes of" before?

Ian McColgin
10-15-2012, 10:14 PM
So, don't repeat them. Just give the cite so we can look them up and refresh our memories. Otherwise, you have nothing.

Keith Wilson
10-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Donn, when you wrote: ". . . and they never dealt with the likes of Obama." I thought you meant that there was something uniquely bad about Obama, different and worse than previous Democratic presidents. I did NOT assume it had anything to do with race; that's purely in your imagination. But either you don't think that, or you can't or won't tell me what it is. Not worth the trouble. Good night.

elf
10-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Not worth the bother, for sure.

George Jung
10-15-2012, 10:29 PM
*sigh*..... think this place will settle down a bit post election?

Durnik
10-15-2012, 10:31 PM
It would have to be "pretty simple" for you to figure it out.

and you are the fellow who 'pushes the button' when you see what you call rude.. Pot, Kettle!

Not to be pedantic, but there is a difference between mentioning race ("brought up race") and using race as the crux of an argument ("playing the race card").

NTM, he is continuing to use race to 'excuse' himself from answering Keith's oh, so accurate question.

So, Donn, exactly what is it about Barack Obama that creates the situation of "they never dealt with the likes of Obama"?

Surely one as articulate & knowledgeable as yourself can find a way to explain, eh?

BTW, I do agree that they have "never dealt with the likes of Obama".. but my reasoning doesn't rely on race, nor fantasies of he being communist/hating america/not thinking like 'us' etc..

But back to you.. what is your reasoning?

Keep in mind, I am not asking why you dislike Barack Obama.. you've stated that well. The question is about a new statement you made.. specifically "they never dealt with the likes of Obama". That, you have not answered. What is it about Barack Obama which is unlike anything 'they' (or you) have ever dealt with?

enjoy
bobby

Keith Wilson
10-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Don't waste your time. Donn either can't or won't answer, because he knows perfectly well that there's nothing unusual about Obama's ideas. He doesn't agree with them, of course, but they aren't all that different from those of any other moderate center-left Democrat of the past 25 years.

Ian McColgin
10-15-2012, 10:40 PM
" . . . you just can't accept the idea that someone could possibly disagree with you, without nefarious intentions." [#28]

Simply not true. There are people here who disagree with me for such non-nefarious reasons as they are stupid, they are wrong, and sometimes because they are right and I was wrong.

I don't read every post ever posted here and even of those I read, I don't recall with eidetic perfection. So a bland remark that it's already been stated does nothing, means nothing, might even be an evasion for never having said anything. If you refuse to at least point to whatever it is you're referring to, I conclude that you actually have nothing. Show us or shove off.

PeterSibley
10-15-2012, 10:55 PM
Donn is amazingly reticent these days, he used to be quite the opposite in the good ole days with GWB and invasions.:D

Not surprising really.

Glen Longino
10-15-2012, 11:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/donnwest/smilies/nana.gif

How about I decline both of your offers, Mcolgin? Wire me when you get appointed God, and I may reconsider...but don't hold your breath.

:DHa! Ian? Appointed God? Ha! Is there any man here who does not know that You, Donn, appointed Yourself God long ago?:DLMAO:D

Glen Longino
10-15-2012, 11:33 PM
What happened to "good night," KW? Just couldn't stand it, could you?

You got it partly right...I won't answer, any further than I have already. You know very well what I dislike about Obama. What you can't stand is that I won't sit here and argue with you, day in and day out, about an issue which will not change, other that by election.

It's hard to believe I'm the first person who has disagreed with you...but it seems I am, and you don't seem to be able to take it.

..."other that by election"...

Call me an Editor!
Nothing more fun "that" poking a pompous and arrogant member with a sharp pencil!:D

Chip-skiff
10-16-2012, 12:06 AM
I think the soup kitchen folks should file a complaint for trespassing and get the slimy little creep thrown in jail.

If the soup kitchen folks pretended to wash dishes in Ryan's kitchen, they'd be in jail for centuries.

Kevin T
10-16-2012, 12:10 AM
..."other that by election"...

Call me an Editor!
Nothing more fun "that" poking a pompous and arrogant member with a sharp pencil!:D

Likely going to get a button mashing on that one Glen, if only so his Lordship can erase all evidence of his grammatical , ahem, transgressions,
:-)

Glen Longino
10-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Likely going to get a button mashing on that one Glen, if only so his Lordship can erase all evidence of his grammatical , ahem, transgressions,
:-)

I figger he will mash the button, but he will be ignored by our Real God, Scot Almighty!;)

Kevin T
10-16-2012, 12:27 AM
:-), :-)

pcford
10-16-2012, 01:39 AM
It would have to be "pretty simple" for you to figure it out.

Yet this joker is over on another thread castigating those that personally attack another forum member. Add hypocrite to the Donster's negative attributes.

Chris Coose
10-16-2012, 05:28 AM
It is, in fact, pretty simple. Donn falls for the aluminum pots in the sink ploy as he fell for the aluminum tubes in the desert fairytales. A sucker for fantasy.

Ian McColgin
10-16-2012, 06:11 AM
Who appointed me God? Or Donn? Read Gen 3:5.

skuthorp
10-16-2012, 06:18 AM
So now another thread is about personal spats and the subject of politicians and faked photo ops. is subverted. We have an opposition leader who is adept at the same thing, but then it's the stock in trade of every politician since cameras were invented, and before probably with propaganda paintings (see David's pics of Napoleon).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jacques-Louis_David_008.jpg
Nothing to get particularly fussed about.

Durnik
10-16-2012, 09:23 AM

You got it partly right...I won't answer, any further than I have already. You know very well what I dislike about Obama.

Still avoiding the issue..

The question was not 'why do you dislike Barack Obama?". That has been fairly well expounded upon. The question was what do you mean by the statement "they never dealt with the likes of Obama"?

And still you prevaricate. Based on your usual manner & actions, why am I not surprised!

enjoy
bobby

john l
10-16-2012, 09:56 AM
I was in Florida for the weekend and saw numerous anti Obama billboards along I95 that suggested things that were both wrong and questionably in bad taste bordering on ..... and paid for by the republican supporters.

John Smith
10-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Once upon a time (eight years ago), Republicans used to say things like "You cannot just run against someone. You must also run for something."

Something else they got wrong.

John Smith
10-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Keith throws down the race card. Nothing left, eh?

I think he asked a reasonable question and you're ducking it.

John Smith
10-16-2012, 06:27 PM
No, you made the point. You automatically assumed racism, because you can't think of any other reason why I might think Obama is bad for our country. I've explained why I feel this way before, and see no need to repeat it. If you didn't read it before, or don't remember, it's your problem.

It is your lack of an alternative that makes this a reasonable assumption. What is it about Obama that makes him so different from all previous presidents? You made your statement. We only ask why you believe what you said.

John Smith
10-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Once again Donn, I did NOT assume anything about your ideas. I asked you what is it about Obama that "they never dealt with the likes of" before. You've worked yourself into a state of high dudgeon about imaginary accusations of something or other, but you still still haven't answered.

He and Mitt share a love of giving no details.

htom
10-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh, sorry, he did wash dirty dishes.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/16/14485409-ryan-did-wash-dirty-dishes-during-soup-kitchen-visit?lite

Why should I have expected that?

Ian McColgin
10-16-2012, 07:09 PM
From the cited article: "Antal conceded that Ryan did wash several dirty dishes."

I feel much better.

wardd
10-16-2012, 07:22 PM
And we thought that Romney's lying to get a vote was the frosting on the biscuit, but no, Ryan runs him a close second.

Why would any intelligent person vote for these clowns?

remember half the population is below average in intelligence

wardd
10-16-2012, 07:25 PM
You sure did miss the point. I mentioned that because it's the only thing about him I can think of that's actually new in the office. So what precisely is it about Obama that "they never deal with the likes of" before?

he was only throwing out the " throwing out the race card " card

MiddleAgesMan
10-16-2012, 07:45 PM

Why do you waste your time? It's Donn, fer chrissakes!

L.W. Baxter
10-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Somebody got to Antal.

Why should I have expected that?

Keith Wilson
10-16-2012, 08:21 PM
You cannot even fathom the enormity of the capability that he brings to bear upon not answering that question.:d:d

PeterSibley
10-16-2012, 09:07 PM
remember half the population is below average in intelligence

That is always a disconcerting fact to face.

Gerarddm
10-17-2012, 09:59 AM
If benighted souls like Donn want to vote for Romney, they certainly can, despite all evidence to the contrary.

And despite his protestations, racism is at the very heart of the modern GOP, going back to Nixon's Southern Strategy. You want to go down that road too, be my guest, but be prepared for the consequences.