PDA

View Full Version : Heaven can wait....

pefjr
10-15-2012, 06:55 PM
I have some brains to work on yet.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/heaven-real-says-neurosurgeon-claims-visited-afterlife-213527063.html (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/heaven-real-says-neurosurgeon-claims-visited-afterlife-213527063.html)

Vince Brennan
10-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Hey, if it works for him, then I say let him have it.... I got no problem with anyone's Deific beliefs until they start trying to run MY life by THEIR standards. (Within the bounds of accepted Social Norms.) (Sorry, Norm!)

One of the many things that cause me to sit, chin in hand of a balmy evening, in the chains of the ship (Oh, it's the BILGE? Smells the same!) as I continually strive to eliminate a cogent thought (or whatever that was): Of all the Billions and Billions (Thanks, Carl!) of individual intelligences which have come and gone upon this "Vale of Tears" (Philadelphia?) there is, as yet, not ONE EFFIN' solidly evidenced example of ANYONE "coming back" to let us know what (if anything) is "on the other side".

It could be that what's "over there" is so completely discontinuous from anything we can imagine that there is no connexion between them, e.g., the discontinuity one would experience when passing into or through a singularity, which is speculated to be going from matter to antimatter. Obviously, once translated to the new state, one's previous state would become immaterial to one's present consciousness. (rooooool....... another)

It could be that there is NOTHING "over there": That we just stop altogether and that all this talk of a "life after" is no more than a desperate attempt to continue some semblance of consciousness "as we presently know it" to assuage our sense of self-worth and self-continuance... (Certainly in the cases of Ken Hutchins and Chuck Phillips, I would hope that this is incorrect... to think of those intellects simply :stopping: is heartbreaking, to say the least, for all it may be so...)

It could be that the existence to be experienced "beyond the pale' is, to quote St Paul (the anti semite) "As if one hundred years with Jesus are as a day and one day is as if a hundred years". (Or, for those who need pictures drawn, that time in "Eternity" has no meaning to those who consider 'time' to be the prime delineator of existence.)

(Back to the OP)
I'm happy for him that he has something that works for him, inspires him and makes him feel that all is not in vain.

All I can see is a 90' rogue wave heading for my starboard beam.

And all me hatches open, d'ye ken?