PDA

View Full Version : International Who's Who scam

Larks
10-15-2012, 05:24 AM
Has anyone else received this email telling them:

On behalf of International WHO'S WHO of Professionals, I am pleased to inform you that you have been nominated by one of your peers as a candidate for inclusion in the 2013 Anniversary Editioncommemorating 85 Years of Publishing Excellence! We congratulate you! Nomination into WHO'S WHO is an honor in itself........etc etc

.We do require additional information to complete the selection process and we ask that you provide your biographical data by accessing the form on our website at: http://www.internationalwhoswho.com/Nominations/FE2385C.aspx (http://links.mkt1800.com/ctt?kn=3&ms=Mzk5Mzg2MDES1&r=MzcxNjk3MDMwNTcS1&b=0&j=MTYzMjE2MzU1S0&mt=1&rt=0)

Our editorial deadline is quickly approaching. I urge you to act today. If you delay, I cannot guarantee the committee will have ample time to review your submission.

If I wasn't so incredibly well known and important I'd probably think this was an identity theft scam.....

skuthorp
10-15-2012, 05:59 AM
I got a text message saying I'd won US$2,000,000 in a 'lucky phone number' lottery. Via my wireless 'puter connection not to my phone. Maybe we should put the scammers in touch. Hang on, they probably are.

skipper68
10-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Texting is the new scamming. They call it "Smishing". You open a text and it's an advertisement or "Alert about your Account".
They will say to text "no or stop" to stop reciving the texts. If you do that-they know they have an open account #. So don't.
With the smart phones they can get all your info if you use it for purchases.
They recommend to not open them, but if you do, forward them to your carrier, using 7736 (spam). Then they will block the number from the sender.

Larks
10-15-2012, 06:38 AM
What??? Are you lot trying to tell me that I'm not as important as they think I think I am? Shame!!

The Bigfella
10-15-2012, 07:03 AM
Mate... just type it up and post it here for free.

Oh, and send me the $100 registration fee please