PDA

View Full Version : FRID Credit card

Rum_Pirate
10-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Is this real?

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em

Phillip Allen
10-13-2012, 11:48 AM
any info on how many thefts have occured so far?

Gerarddm
10-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks, Norman, for the reasoned and informed response.

Conspiracy theorists need not post, thank you.

Rum_Pirate
10-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks.

My cards don't have the )))

Branding.

MiddleAgesMan
10-13-2012, 08:25 PM
One of my cards has RFID but it is safe inside my aluminum push-button wallet.

skipper68
10-13-2012, 09:01 PM
YES!
One of my cards has RFID but it is safe inside my aluminum push-button wallet. Yes, if you chose to keep it, keep it safe.
If you have no intentions of swinging your arm-snip it off or microwave it.
It is real.
Paypal is the safest way to go nowdays if your purchasing on the net.A "Smart" phone for purchases is dangerous, why I say use Paypal. They email you every transaction in 5 minutes tops.
Your covered by your issuing bank for fraud-(ROTFLMAO!)RFID..might take a month. My answer? Don't let it be read. You CAN request a card without it.

hanleyclifford
10-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks, Norman, for the reasoned and informed response.

Conspiracy theorists need not post, thank you. I'm wrapping my credit cards in aluminum foil; or maybe I should use lead (worked for Superman). And how about those transponders on your driver's license or TWIC?

skipper68
10-13-2012, 09:34 PM
DON"T USE LEAD. In your front pocket.:D
Don't use lead for your RFID card either.

Garret
10-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Kinda off-topic - but I'll toss it out here anyway. If you lose your card, please notify the card company right away. I mean immediately. Why?

A customer of mine makes many sales of electronic parts on credit cards. He sold $6,000 worth on a CC, got the code, etc, got it approved by the bank & since everything checked out fine, he shipped the parts. 2 days later the card was reported stolen. The real owner of the card never got charged - we've all seen the ads. The reason he never did is that the CC company went right into my customer's bank account & withdrew the $6,000. Yes, they (according to merchant contracts) have that right. Why would someone buy chips with a stolen CC? Near as he could figure out, they went overseas - as when the police checked the address the parts were shipped to, no one was there.

So - protect the folks you buy from!

hanleyclifford
10-13-2012, 09:45 PM
DON"T USE LEAD. In your front pocket.:D
Don't use lead for your RFID card either. Why not?

Garret
10-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Why not?

Makes it harder to get the lead out?

Something like that anyway. Oh wait, I've got it - it's heavy & it'll make your pants fall down.

skipper68
10-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Makes it harder to get the lead out?Yes, it effect's your nerve ending's. Very dangerous. Sweating absorbe's it into your nerves and bone-R.
Don't ask how to get it out.Just don't use Lead.

hanleyclifford
10-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Yes, it effect's your nerve ending's. Very dangerous. Sweating absorbe's it into your nerves and bone-R.
Don't ask how to get it out.Just don't use Lead. Thanks; I will forget the lead idea and go with the aluminum foil.

skipper68
10-13-2012, 11:24 PM
You can try to envelope the lead in aluminum. Let me know how that works.
Put the aluminum BEFORE the lead. JMHO.:)

skipper68
10-13-2012, 11:31 PM
I love this Pub!
You can try to envelope the lead in aluminum. Let me know how that works.
Put the aluminum BEFORE the lead. JMHO.:) Are we talking about a lead fishing weight and gum foil?
You'll be fine.
Darwin's Law. :D