PDA

View Full Version : In praise of men

Meli
10-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Now I seem to have inadvertantly started a sex war.
I would just like to post a short thread in praise of men.
Their kindness, generosity and support.
A few of you know I have problems both legal and finacial because of a man. My Ex IS a mysogynist.

The support I have had from my Male solicitor is worth diamonds, both in wisdom, sympathy and financial flexibility.
My Male estate agent and bank manager have come into my home after hours and spent time soothing, sympathising and giving kindness.
Male friends and neighbours help me move heavy stuff, lend a hand and do legal stuff for free .
My Male boss's support me and are flexable with my work and child committments, because they abhor the situation I am in.

All without condensation or patronizing me.
They help because they can and are good people.

the end

Farfalla
10-13-2012, 04:01 AM
Well I'll happily second that Meli. There are a lot of great people out there who also happen to be guys.
A few of them are actually quite interesting because they are guys:d but mostly because they are good people.

I'm glad that you've found so much support in your hassles Meli. Most people are more than willing to help someone in trouble..

There are some really good guys on here that i have gotten to know as well.

I didn't realise that you'd started a war, Helen of Troy:d

skuthorp
10-13-2012, 05:33 AM
Now you'll be accused of being pat.......... no matronising Meli:d

The Bigfella
10-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Why shucks. Thanks Meli. Its OK though... we know how good we are.

Shang
10-13-2012, 08:29 AM
"Helen of Troy," that's a nice thought, and what better place to launch a thousand ships.

Know what you mean about nasty Ex's.
My wife walked away from an abusive marriage with the clothes on her back, and her art supplies. The Ex spread the story that she was hooked on drugs, had cleaned out the bank accounts, and had "run away with some guy she met on the internet."

I countered by taking Barb to Paris.

Bernadette
10-13-2012, 08:42 AM
i like men.
:)

i only need one.

wardd
10-13-2012, 09:13 AM
what about us misogynists, don't we get any praise?

ccmanuals
10-13-2012, 09:21 AM
I like a good massage.

The Bigfella
10-13-2012, 10:23 AM
I like a good massage.

I had a two hour massage this evening... by a man. He was better than the two hour massage yesterday... by a woman.

TomF
10-13-2012, 10:26 AM
I had a two hour massage this evening... by a man. He was better than the two hour massage yesterday... by a woman.You massagynist!

wardd
10-13-2012, 11:03 AM
I had a two hour massage this evening... by a man. He was better than the two hour massage yesterday... by a woman.

details and pics, we want details and pics, video too

Phillip Allen
10-13-2012, 11:06 AM
i like men.
:)

i only need one.

any dudlldo?

Garret
10-13-2012, 11:20 AM
any dudlldo?

At first glance that was a WTF??? Then I added an "E"", an apostrophe & a space & it made sense: any dude'll do. I sure hope you didn't mean "Any dud will do"......

Thanks for the thread Meli - I certainly wish you all the best in getting past this crap. I think we can safely say there are jerks of both sexes.

Bernadette
10-13-2012, 06:50 PM
hey phillip

duds i have met plenty of.
a real super duper dude would be great!

Meli
10-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Bernie, It's sad but true.
Most super duper dudes are all partnered.Why wouldn't they be?
Single dudes tend to be Duds, damaged, gay or happy in their single state, or want younger women than us.

Going looking is like the needle in the haystack.:D

Bernadette
10-13-2012, 07:31 PM
um well... ive never met a guy that didnt like the fact that i am (currently) now 50. same for when i was 49, 48, 47, 46 and 45.

most men seem to think i am younger anyhow. and i think you generalise too much about the single guys. there are a lot of good men out there. i just havent found the one that particularly suites me.

this thread was about "in praise of me"...yes/no? or is it just another whinge about how "all men are bastards"???

im also wondering...if "condensed men" are as sweet as condensed milk....see your first post, 3rd last sentence!!!!:d

Duncan Gibbs
10-13-2012, 08:53 PM
im also wondering...if "condensed men" are as sweet as condensed milk....see your first post, 3rd last sentence!!!!:d

I've met a few drips in my time.

wardd
10-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Bernie, It's sad but true.
Most super duper dudes are all partnered.Why wouldn't they be?
Single dudes tend to be Duds, damaged, gay or happy in their single state, or want younger women than us.

Going looking is like the needle in the haystack.:D

i play a super dude on line

skipper68
10-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Agreed Meli. I would like to thank the great male friends we have here.
I have been blessed with many a real MEN in my life.
Many great ones are here too. It isn't a war, but a genial truce we all wish for.
You WILL find compassion and good will-along with admiration in your life.
It will show up-very unexpected. Promise.
Dream happy dreams. Think positive thoughts.
And the single ones? FLIRT!!!!:D Just for the helloveit! ;)