PDA

View Full Version : What I expect/hope for in the VP debate

John Smith
10-11-2012, 04:29 AM
All the talking heads, I think, have missed this.

I expect/hope Biden will make a point of Ryan being among the Republicans in the House where they've had many votes to repeal Obamacare, numerous votes to restrict abortion, and virtually no votes on job creation.

I can hear Biden pointing to the new jobs numbers and asking voters to wonder what unemployment would be at today if the Republicans had given Obama any support or had a House voting record that reflected jobs as being their true priority. I half expect a line of this nature: Romney says we can tell a lot about a man by where he puts his money. Well, we can tell a lot about the party holding the majority in the House by the bills that come up for a vote.

Paul Pless
10-11-2012, 05:13 AM
expectations lead to disappointment. . .

John Smith
10-11-2012, 05:19 AM
expectations lead to disappointment. . .

They certainly can. I like to make predictions from time to time. I've got a decent track record.

When the first Gulf War was ending and Sr. Bush had astronomical approval ratings, I stood on the workfloor and asked if anyone was going to Vegas. Someone was. I sent a $20 bill with him to be Bush wouldn't get re-elected. We didn't know who was going to run on the dem side, but my view was that once he comes home he's still dealing with "voodoo" economics.

This disappointment was that Vegas did not take bets on politics in those days.