PDA

View Full Version : Adventuress wheel stolen

ron ll
10-09-2012, 10:17 AM
The schooner Adventuress was moored at Percival Landing in Olympia Saturday night and the wheel was stolen while the crew was asleep below. They have found a loaner wheel, but I sure hope the original is recovered.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/article/20121009/NEWS/310099996/schooner-adventuress-wants-its-wheel-back-8212-but-using-loaner-in

Paul Pless
10-09-2012, 10:20 AM
That sucks.

Good to see that its not getting them down.

We are a public vessel, and we will always be tied to public docks,” she said.

“We want people to come aboard and have a hands-on experience.

“We aren't going to change our access, and we are not going to let this get us down.”

Ian McColgin
10-09-2012, 10:34 AM
A lot of classic boat folk just take the wheel off and stow it below, but that's mostly for when the boat's unattended a while. You don't expect such brazen intruders when the crew's aboard.

skuthorp
10-09-2012, 03:42 PM
I see a keel hauling in the offing:d, a cultural practice of course and allowable as a demonstration.

(I keep saying that there are some people we just don't need.)

Lew Barrett
10-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I wonder who the anonymous donor is. I have a hunch, but it's just a guess.

Gerarddm
10-09-2012, 03:55 PM
They need a wheel lock hub like those used on cars, or something similar. Then they wouldn't have to do the kludge solution of using a bicycle cable and lock.

I hope whoever stole the wheel gets massive skin sores or something. Miserable creature(s).

johnw
10-09-2012, 04:14 PM
It's a wicked world.

ron ll
10-09-2012, 04:55 PM
I really hope the wheel isn't half way to Lower Slobovia by now. Would be a real shame to part it from the boat permanently. Even tho Percival Landing has been very nicely upgraded this year, it is still a dicey area in the middle of the night. When we were tied up there a couple of weeks ago for the Tugboat Fest, a 45' wooden cruiser behind us had had her lines cut in the night and in the morning was adrift, fortunately near the end of the pier.

Phillip Allen
10-09-2012, 05:49 PM
I really hope the wheel isn't half way to Lower Slobovia by now. Would be a real shame to part it from the boat permanently. Even tho Percival Landing has been very nicely upgraded this year, it is still a dicey area in the middle of the night. When we were tied up there a couple of weeks ago for the Tugboat Fest, a 45' wooden cruiser behind us had had her lines cut in the night and in the morning was adrift, fortunately near the end of the pier.

who does that stuff???

purri
10-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Check out any nautically themed bars.

Lew Barrett
10-09-2012, 08:30 PM
who does that stuff???

Two classes: Crack heads or bored teenagers.

Paul Pless
10-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Two classes: Crack heads or bored teenagers.cutting a boat lose for ****s and grins seems a bit much for your average crackhead