PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Legislative Candidate, Endorses Death Penalty For Rebellious children

wardd
10-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Charlie Fuqua, the Republican candidate for the Arkansas House of Representatives who called for expelling Muslims from the United States (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/07/jon-hubbard-slavery_n_1946890.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012) in his book, also wrote in support for instituting the death penalty for "rebellious children."
In "God's Law (http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Law-ebook/dp/B007X0FWOO)," Fuqua's 2012 book, the candidate wrote that while parents love their children, a process could be set up to allow for the institution of the death penalty for "rebellious children," according to the Arkansas Times (http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2012/10/08/republican-candidate-fuqua-endorses-death-penalty-for-rebellious-children). Fuqua, who is anti-abortion (http://www.charliefuqua4staterep.com/issues), points out that the course of action involved in sentencing a child to death is described in the Bible and would involve judicial approval. While it is unlikely that many parents would seek to have their children killed by the government, Fuqua wrote, such power would serve as a way to stop rebellious children.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/charlie-fuqua-arkansas-candidate-death-penalty-rebellious-children_n_1948490.html

Y Bar Ranch
10-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Endorses Death Penalty For Rebellious children (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?153904-Arkansas-Legislative-Candidate-Endorses-Death-Penalty-For-Rebellious-children)

I don't agree, but I understand

Paul Pless
10-08-2012, 02:22 PM
How do you pronounce Fuqua?

John of Phoenix
10-08-2012, 02:35 PM
How do you pronounce Fuqua? It's not what you think. :) "Few kwa". Would your way be a tough childhood or what?

Here's the process, not much by way of a trial -

Deuteronomy 21:18-21King James Version (KJV)

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

John of Phoenix
10-08-2012, 02:40 PM
he is a glutton, and a drunkardThis kid is somewhat older than I'd anticipated. Obviously moved back in with his parents after losing his job. Stoning is still pretty harsh though.

Ian McColgin
10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
It is well that the Arkansas Republican party is trying to distance themselves from this anti-American extreemist.

Paul Pless
10-08-2012, 02:46 PM
18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

I might have been well and truly FuquaD.

wardd
10-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Loy Mauch, Arkansas Lawmaker, Defended Slavery In Letters To The Editor

Mauch, a first term legislator, wrote the letters (http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2012/10/06/loy-mauch-update-the-republican-rep-is-on-record-on-slavery-too) starting in 2000. He has called Lincoln a "fake neurotic Northern war criminal" and said the 16th president committed "premeditated murder" on the Constitution. He called Lincoln and Civil War generals "Wehrmacht leaders" -- the name for the armed forces in Nazi Germany. He also praised his ancestors for standing up to "Northern aggression" and said the Confederate flag is "a symbol of Christian liberty vs. the new world order."

republicans just can't keep their mouths shut

Rich Jones
10-08-2012, 02:50 PM
So, this nut-job, who is probably one of the ones screaming about liberal judges instituting Sharia Law into our judicial system, is just fine with ancient Hebrew justice being administered by our courts?

The last two elections have dredged up the wackiest group from the right that this country has ever seen.

Rich Jones
10-08-2012, 02:55 PM
I might have been well and truly FuquaD.

True for many of us!

"FuquaD": a new word we can use in the Bilge without fear of being banned!:)

wardd
10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
True for many of us!

"FuquaD": a new word we can use in the Bilge without fear of being banned!:)

after it a good and honorable republican name

Nicholas Carey
10-08-2012, 03:10 PM
So, this nut-job, who is probably one of the ones screaming about liberal judges instituting Sharia Law into our judicial system, is just fine with ancient Hebrew justice being administered by our courts?

The last two elections have dredged up the wackiest group from the right that this country has ever seen.

I believe the technical term is "cognitive dissonance" :D

Boggles the mind, don't it?

WX
10-08-2012, 03:13 PM
I like the fact he's pro-life but is happy with killing children. How do people with these extreme attitudes get anywhere near public office?

wardd
10-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I like the fact he's pro-life but is happy with killing children. How do people with these extreme attitudes get anywhere near public office?

clean godly livin

McMike
10-08-2012, 04:49 PM
It's not what you think. :) "Few kwa". Would your way be a tough childhood or what?

Here's the process, not much by way of a trial -

Deuteronomy 21:18-21King James Version (KJV)

There was a time in the infancy of civilization that this was needed in order to keep order. Don't forget, this was a time when a light harvest could mean the difference between life and death. A child who would not pull his or her weight was dead weight and treated accordingly that others could live on the resources that would have otherwise been wasted on a waste.

I personally could never choose that option but then I've never lived as subsistence farmer or hunter gatherer.

There are tribes in south America that still practice infanticide, if they didn't, someone would die anyway, better to choose someone with no skills and years of uselessness ahead of them to die rather than someone who's skills could and does immediately contribute to the collective.

Kevin T
10-08-2012, 05:13 PM
And if these are the practices that Republicans wish to feature, and it has been brought forth by a Republican in Arkansas, who am I or anyone else to stand in their way?

Lets have the children of Arkansas GOP members be the test group for these rules, but only if Arkansas voters are dumb enough to elect this a$& clown. :-)

BETTY-B
10-08-2012, 05:22 PM
But it's just one Republican. No reason to broad brush them all. I'm sure there must be other Republicans out there that dont agree with this one specific oxygen thief.

hanleyclifford
10-08-2012, 05:28 PM
So my question is: How rebellious do you have to be for the stoning? I mean, we have lots of drunkards and gluttons these days; we'd run out of stones.

Peerie Maa
10-08-2012, 05:35 PM
So my question is: How rebellious do you have to be for the stoning? I mean, we have lots of drunkards and gluttons these days; we'd run out of stones.

With the size of gluttons these days, you' need a load of stones per glutton.

Kevin T
10-08-2012, 05:41 PM

Yeah I was curious about the level of rebelliousness in modern society? Are we talking stuff like failure to do your chores, or breaking curfew, or does the kid have to really amp it up and get like a DUI while totaling the family pick-up?

What's the kid's right of appeal? A grounding? Extra chores? Or is it, step out of line and the rocks start flying? Really gives new meaning to getting stoned as a teen. :-)

WX
10-08-2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsVAYFSEBrA

Garret
10-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Really gives new meaning to getting stoned as a teen. :-)

You're a sick man. I like it.

John Smith
10-08-2012, 06:50 PM

Don't worry: stones can be recycled and re-used.

Rich Jones
10-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Don't worry: stones can be recycled and re-used.

Whenever I see a photo of mid east unrest with people throwing stones, I wonder how many times over the centuries those same stones have flown in anger.

Tom Montgomery
10-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Kill rebellious youth? Why not? Kill 'em all. God will sort them out.

And continue to ignore that inconvenient fifth commandment.

Kevin T
10-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Back in '93-'94 when Newt and the Repubs ran the congress, a couple of gents by the names of Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell and others of that ilk started a movement called Moral Majority. One of their edicts was for a grassroots effort to take over school boards, local town councils, county planning commmisions.ect; any where they could get elected to. And their followers did just that. Here it is, 20 years later and these people are now emerging on the national stage. Actually it has been a well crafted, stealthly, power grab, excacerbated and aided by the ignorance and total indifference of the American public.

BINGO! We have a winner.

One shall reap what one hath sown, and now it bites us in the keester.