genglandoh
10-06-2012, 07:51 PM
This is an interesting map showing the campaign spending
Some odd spending

WI Obama $29 million Romney $364K
CA Obama $11 Million Romney $4 Million.
OH Obama $1.2 Million Romney $1 Million
IL Obama $39 Million Romney $1.7 Million

Why is Romney spending more in CA then in Oh?
Why is Obama spending $39 Million in IL a state he should win?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/map_of_the_week/2012/10/campaign_spending_map_shows_where_obama_romney_cam paigns_spend_.html

mikefrommontana
10-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Because Romney has more friends willing to spend money than Obama. Genglandoh would interpret as meaning that Romney will win. All I can guess is that he will be far more beholden to his supporters.

Think of what all the campaign spending could buy to improve the world...........

Mrleft8
10-07-2012, 08:30 AM
And where does all that campaign money go?.... Into ads? It costs X to make an ad no matter if it airs once, or a thousand times. If it costs Y to air the ad once, and it costs a discounted Y to air it a thousand times (So Y-50% is still 500xY) plus X who's getting the 500xY? not the guys who made X for making it......
It's empty money. It's not creating jobs, it's just fattening some executive's bank account....
No matter if it's Romney, or Obama, or Joe Schmoe...
This is why I think there should be no private funding for politicians at all. It should all be paid for equally through taxes. Equal air time, equal face time, equal print space.
Of course this will never happen, because the people who make the laws, have too much money at stake to even think this way....

5by5
10-07-2012, 11:07 AM
The map certainly doesn't ell the whole story. Here in Colorado, there are a lot of Obama and Romeny ads. We see the new ones as qucikly as in any other state.

The map suggests that Obama is outspending Romney $3.5M to $285K but this completely ignores the spending by the PACs.

I'd give Obama a small edge over Romeny in TV commercials but it's not more than 10:1.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
10-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Why is there air?

That's easy..... what else would you heat up? :D:D

genglandoh
10-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Ohio is a smaller and less expensive market. You can get a lot more advertising for less money.

California is home to a lot of advertising and production companies, including a large part of the web-based ad market. If you're running web ads in Ohio or TV ads in Florida, there's a good chance that you're writing a check to a company based in California.

Obama's campaign headquarters are in Illinois, so all (or much) of his national expenditures are purchased out of the Illinois office.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some big mystery. It seems pretty simple to me.

Thanks, I think you are right.

It just did not make sense but I was only thinking about ad money not complete campaign money being spent.
Thay is why I pointed out 2 examples one from each campaign.

Thanks again

Glen Longino
10-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Why is there air?

To keep your head from caving in!!:D:D
Don't ask questions if you don't want answers!:D