PDA

View Full Version : Frustration!

skuthorp
10-06-2012, 12:17 AM
SWMBO hasn't used her PC laptop for over two monthsor so (she doesn't really like it) and of course she doesn't remember any of the stuff she put in when it was being setup. Gmail won't recognise her code any more and the arcane recovery procedure won't work because she no longer knows what it wants her to enter. GRRRRRRR!
Waste of over an hour!
Back to square one most likely, should'a bought a tablet I reckon.

WX
10-06-2012, 12:22 AM
With gmail just click on forgotten password and it will email you a new one...assuming of course you have an alternate email address.:)

skuthorp
10-06-2012, 05:09 AM
Did that, then it wanted to confirm who I am as well and didn't like what I told them. Enough already!

skuthorp
10-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Well, we're not the only ones who've been locked out. Sounds like a hacker got through or a major breakdown. Several friends gmail accounts have similarly locked and they have had to open a new account as the originals are not accessible. Others, like me, have no problem via Macs. So far anyhow.

Stiletto
10-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Does she use Chrome? If so, go to settings/advanced, and there is a file there that stores the passwords.

elf
10-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Whose computer does she use? Or is she just the kind of person who doesn't really want to bother with computers?

If the latter, let it be. Sell the PC to PeterSibley. He needs a new one at a reasonable price.

If she doesn't mind using your Mac, get her one.

skuthorp
10-07-2012, 06:18 PM
She doesn't really like using it, and it's a notebook PC. She could use my Mac but shows noreal sign of doing so. OTOH she's taken to cell phones like a trouper, whereas I regard mine as more of a nuisance.

PeterSibley
10-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Whose computer does she use? Or is she just the kind of person who doesn't really want to bother with computers?

If the latter, let it be. Sell the PC to PeterSibley. He needs a new one at a reasonable price.

If she doesn't mind using your Mac, get her one.

:D Thanks Elf, I could easily replace my PC but am too cheap to so do.

elf
10-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Get her an iPhone. It sounds that one of those will do everything she really wants a computer for.