PDA

View Full Version : Lot of us agree with Ann Romney

Shang
09-30-2012, 09:08 AM
WASHINGTON, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Ann Romney told a Nevada television station her biggest concern if her husband, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, becomes president was his "mental well-being."

In an interview Thursday with television station KTVN, Mrs. Romney was asked what her biggest worry was should Mitt Romney be elected to serve in the White House.

"I think my biggest concern obviously would just be for his mental well-being," she said. "I have all the confidence in the world in his ability, in his decisiveness, in his leadership skills, in his understanding of the economy. ... So for me I think it would just be the emotional part of it."

Yep.

Ian McColgin
09-30-2012, 09:30 AM
You know, she meant this in a good and loving way, perhaps aware of how a good emotional life can move beyond helping an ego survive the sheer abuse of public life to help a person see past his or her own press releases and synchophants. We don't actually know if Ms Romney is that person or a Stepford wife, but the words are fine.

John Smith
09-30-2012, 12:03 PM
I think Ann Romney has lost all credibility. Someone should ask her how she thinks Obama handles the birthers. Or the people who believe he's a Muslim. Or just an opposition party with the stated number one priority of defeating him.

I don't think anyone who thinks Mitt's seen tough going so far has any empathy for what they have been putting Obama through.

Garret
09-30-2012, 12:05 PM
I too see nothing at all wrong with what she said. If she weren't worried about it, then I'd wonder. I bet Michelle Obama worries about her husband's every day.

John Smith
09-30-2012, 12:13 PM
I too see nothing at all wrong with what she said. If she weren't worried about it, then I'd wonder. I bet Michelle Obama worries about her husband's every day.

AS do all first ladies, no doubt.

Mhy point is that Obama has more **** attacking him than most. I would be concerned with the mental well being of all presidents of either party. With that concern, I'd not add stupid stuff to it.

Gerarddm
09-30-2012, 12:27 PM
On can certainly agree with her here.

What I cannot agree with is her comment a week or so ago that the country 'would be lucky' to have Mitt has president. Reeks too much of noblesse oblige for me. Gag me with a spoon.

BrianW
09-30-2012, 12:35 PM
I think Ann Romney has lost all credibility.

Dude. Don't be that guy, who is always finding the negative, even when it's not there. Nobody takes that guy seriously, even when he's right.

Gerarddm
09-30-2012, 12:39 PM
I thought Michelle was a bit over the top, but she did have a point about Obama's election signifying an amazing shift in the historic racial divide of this nation.

I doubt even you would assign such significance if Mr. Romney manages to get in. Jeez, at least I hope not.

ljb5
09-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Yet I'd guess you where as proud of Michelle O's when she , finally, could be proud of America when her husband was elected! What does that reek of?

It reminded me that there is a segment of the population that has had a very different "American Experience" than you and I have had.

I've been to Whidbey Island and I can attest it's a perfectly nice place. But I would never expect that everyone else in the rest of the country has had the same experience.

I wasn't offended by Michelle's comment --- I took it as reminder to think about the vast diversity of this nation and remember that we haven't all had the same experience.

That's apparently easy to forget.

Kevin T
09-30-2012, 02:02 PM
It reminded me that there is a segment of the population that has had a very different "American Experience" than you and I have had.

I've been to Whidbey Island and I can attest it's a perfectly nice place. But I would never expect that everyone else in the rest of the country has had the same experience.

I wasn't offended by Michelle's comment --- I took it as reminder to think about the vast diversity of this nation and remember that we haven't all had the same experience.

That's apparently easy to forget.

I too understood what Mrs. Obama was referring to when she said she was proud for the first time. I took it to mean that for the first time in her life, on something as big and as major as the Presidency of the United States, that a significant segment of the US population could put aside their feelings regarding race and elect a non white American.

Personally I wasn't certain which would happen first, whether the country could put aside color before gender for the highest office in the land, and up until it happened I wasn't even certain it would happen in my lifetime or at the very least, not until I was a lot older. Four years ago I was 48.

Osborne Russell
09-30-2012, 02:08 PM
I think Ann Romney has lost all credibility. Someone should ask her how she thinks Obama handles the birthers. Or the people who believe he's a Muslim. Or just an opposition party with the stated number one priority of defeating him.

I don't think anyone who thinks Mitt's seen tough going so far has any empathy for what they have been putting Obama through.

True on the no empathy but I don't think that was the question or what she intended to convey. She might have scored points and won votes if she had expressed some empathy but the Chimp Squad forbids it. And that is how they force their own people to be worse than they are. Once you say the things they say, you cannot back down, and Mitt looks uncomfortable with the realization of what he has to stick up for, can't back down a millimeter, even out of common decency, or else many Chimpers will sit this one out.

ljb5
09-30-2012, 02:59 PM
I'd think you guys would be tired of explaining away the comments of these two highly educated people who are so smart they can't make clear statements the first time! But what ever floats your boats.

I didn't explain her comment away... I explained it to you.

Personally, I found her comment to be clear the first time and need no additional explanation.

The fact that you couldn't comprehend it reflects more on the narrowness of your vision.

ljb5
09-30-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm sure you did, blind love is easy to see!

Why do you try to belittle comprehension by confusing it with emotion?

I had no difficulty understanding Tipler's Physics, but that doesn't mean I fell in love with him!

I think you're the one letting emotion cloud your understanding.

For the record, I don't have a problem with what Mrs. Romney said, I just wish she could apply the same thinking to people other than herself.

Her party has said a lot of really nasty things about both Obamas. If she can think how that might hurt her husband, she ought to be able to think how that hurts others.

skuthorp
09-30-2012, 04:32 PM
I think what she said was quite reasonable, but then I can never understand why anyone barring a sociopath or a megalomaniac would want the job anyhow.

John Smith
09-30-2012, 07:30 PM
True on the no empathy but I don't think that was the question or what she intended to convey. She might have scored points and won votes if she had expressed some empathy but the Chimp Squad forbids it. And that is how they force their own people to be worse than they are. Once you say the things they say, you cannot back down, and Mitt looks uncomfortable with the realization of what he has to stick up for, can't back down a millimeter, even out of common decency, or else many Chimpers will sit this one out.

Seems to me that when G.W. was president it was "unpatriotic" to criticize him during war, even if the criticism was based on facts.

We were told the office demanded respect.

I've seen none of that from these people since Obama was elected. Moreover, I think those who believe Obama has made no difficult decisions are lying to themselves.

If I sound angry, it's because I am angry. Her husband has been attacked on things he has actually said and done, and positions he holds, or secrets he keeps. Obama is attacked by her husband's supporters based on nothing but ideology and falsehoods.

It's hard to have an ounce of sympathy for those who refuse to play fair. Campaigning my be hard, but I'm sure it's a walk in the park compared to actually governing when the other party simply obstructs everything.

Since Obama entered the race, I've received so many emails telling me bad things about him that I long ago lost count. What I do know is not a single one of them withstood fact checking.

Romney has yet to answer the question he was asked about his position on th Ledbetter Act. He's yet to give specifics on "how" he'll fix the economy. If she thinks it's tough being criticized based on facts, she ought to try being criicized based on lies.

I am "that" guy. I don't know how to be anyone else.

elf
09-30-2012, 10:49 PM
As the old saying goes, he's buttered his bread and now he's got to lie in it.

Garret
09-30-2012, 11:27 PM
As the old saying goes, he's buttered his bread and now he's got to lie in it.

I thought it was "He made his bed, so it'll always land butter side down". No? |:)

Osborne Russell
10-02-2012, 08:29 AM
If I sound angry, it's because I am angry . . . It's hard to have an ounce of sympathy for those who refuse to play fair.

Me too but this is where the Golden Rule goes on the offensive. Show them that you are the better person by not being like them and maybe they will get the idea.