PDA

View Full Version : New tools from Hazard Fraught

Wooden Boat Fittings
09-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Not sure whether this is the right forum for this or not, but Hazard Fraught Tools are presently advertising several tools that might be of interest to boatbuilders, including an 18 volt cordless hammer, a 16" manual chainsaw, a hydraulic nail unbender (not cheap, but then neither are copper nails), a laser-guided paint brush, and a 12 HP 4.5 kW noise and fume generator.

See their four-page advertising flyer (http://www.brownebagracing.com/pictures/hf_tool_sale.pdf) for all of this month's specials.

Mike

Peter Malcolm Jardine
09-28-2012, 11:09 PM
I love that ring of truth in their descriptions. For those of you who have bought those super cheap chinese generators that burn up after about 50 hours, you know this.

Breakaway
09-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Not sure whether this is the right forum for this or not, but Hazard Fraught Tools are presently advertising several tools that might be of interest to boatbuilders, including an 18 volt cordless hammer, a 16" manual chainsaw, a hydraulic nail unbender (not cheap, but then neither are copper nails), a laser-guided paint brush, and a 12 HP 4.5 kW noise and fume generator.

See their four-page advertising flyer (http://www.brownebagracing.com/pictures/hf_tool_sale.pdf) for all of this month's specials.

Mike

That's awesome

Dave Gray
09-29-2012, 12:39 AM
I like the whale gutting knife and the solid brass carpenter's dreidel.

RFNK
09-29-2012, 04:44 AM
The worry for me is that I already own a couple of these things!

Rick

Vince Brennan
09-29-2012, 07:49 AM
The worry for me is that I already own a couple of these things!

RickSo do I... but I got 'em at the standard price! I was very disappointed in the Noise and Fume Generator... it refused to work under water!

Oh, well...USMVIMFPTA applies to more than just the deck-shim anomorgeler.

Bob Cleek
09-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Priceless! I get those Horror Fright flyers all the time. That's probably one of the best parodies I've seen in a long time. There's one of their warehouse stores about twenty minutes up the road from me. It's always fun to poke through it and I rarely leave without buying a few things. Their power equipment has to be taken with a grain of salt, and most all of their stuff is bottom of the barrel in quality, but often there is something which is more than serviceable for occasional use that's worth buying. Also, on occasion, they sell things that aren't crap and must have slipped through the cracks, generally at a huge discount. I got a jeweler's oxy-acetelene mini-torch from their catalog for about $60 from them a couple of years ago. Made by an American company. i later saw the identical same item in another catalog for $125.

Garret
09-29-2012, 03:49 PM
I particularly like the Bono safety glasses & hose/power cord combo.

Thanks for this. It will get shared!

Mad Scientist
09-29-2012, 03:50 PM
That Hazard Fraught ad reminded me of 'The Taming Of The Screw' by Dave Barry, illustrated by Jerry O'Brien.

Two examples:
'Basically, a tool is an object that enables you to take advantage of the laws of physics and mechanics in such a way that you can seriously injure yourself.' and 'Wood has been the preferred building material for thousands of years, because it is one of the few materials that will rot as well as burn.'

Tom

BrianW
09-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks for this. I will get shared!

Because you are too good to keep to ones self. :D

BrianW
09-29-2012, 05:08 PM
No comments on the "8 function electronic multi-tool?" The pink button? ;)

Garret
09-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Because you are too good to keep to ones self. :D

Boy did you get me on that one. A few years back there were people interested....

Fixed, btw.

Garret
09-29-2012, 05:18 PM
No comments on the "8 function electronic multi-tool?" The pink button? ;)

I'd think that'd be a must have for a guy with a pink gun!

Lewisboater
09-30-2012, 02:13 PM
I might invest in that nose picker... but only so long as it has a high speed for flicking.

Concordia...41
09-30-2012, 02:51 PM
That's worth printing - in color! :D :D :D

RFNK
09-30-2012, 08:56 PM
I might invest in that nose picker... but only so long as it has a high speed for flicking.

Now we know that you DO need to wear a raincoat in Iowa.

Rick

Chip Chester
09-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Please remember: No waiting overnight. No lines before 8 am.

Chip

M. J. Notigan
10-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Classic! Love the Noise and fume generator, with it's peculiar gasoline and diesel fuel mixture that you mix yourself! Thanks for posting!
Take Care,
Mike

Bill Fisher
10-03-2012, 09:02 AM
I am Inexplicably drawn to the Moron lamp, I need one!

Bill.