PDA

View Full Version : A true yachtsman...had we only known

Shang
09-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Bill Marriott: [Mormon] executive chairman of Marriott International :

"Both Mitt and I have summer places up in New Hampshire on Lake Winnipesaukee. And a few summers ago I was taking my grandchildren and children to town in the boat for ice cream. And we got into the docks and they were all full and I looked around, there was no place to park, so we stopped at the end of a dock. They all jumped off and ran up the dock. And I realized there was nobody in the boat to help me dock the boat, handle the ropes, do anything -- they just left me out there at sea. So I finally found a place to park after about 20 minutes, and I pulled in, I said, 'Who's going to grab the rope?,' and I looked up and there was Mitt Romney. So he pulled me in, he tied up the boat for me. He rescued me just as he's going to rescue this great country."

Willin'
09-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Hell, I'd trust anyone that can bend a dockline on a cleat properly with the nuclear keys.

Glen Longino
09-28-2012, 08:55 PM
I saw that today!:)
A precious multi-millionaire moment...heart warming!;)

Ian McColgin
09-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Well, gotta help a millionaire who can't land his own boat and calls it "parking". Glad Mitt was there for a life-saving rescue.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
09-28-2012, 09:37 PM
I got all choked up just reading that. It was pretty emotional.

Shang
09-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Well, gotta help a millionaire who can't land his own boat and calls it "parking". Glad Mitt was there for a life-saving rescue.

Uhh...once or twice I "parked" the Cris upside the dock, but I made repairs the next day.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
09-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Isn't there an humanitarian award he should be given?

Ian McColgin
09-28-2012, 10:03 PM
One great thing about living around here is that whenever Mitt saddles up his jet ski and rescues someone up on Winnipisaki, we hear all about it. I'm more impressed with how his hair stays in place through the ordeal.

Gerarddm
09-29-2012, 01:43 AM
Honestly. The Plutocrat Self-Rescue Society in action. Such a good reason to vote for Mr. Romney. :pmad:

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-29-2012, 11:09 AM
It's a Mormon thing. Romney's given name ,"Willard", honors one Willard Marriot with whom his family has some familial or social connection.

Gerarddm
09-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Fellow Mormon.

Mad Scientist
09-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Isn't there an humanitarian award he should be given?

He appears to be as eligible for a Nobel Prize as Gore and Obama were ;-)

Tom

WX
09-29-2012, 04:12 PM
He appears to be as eligible for a Nobel Prize as Gore and Obama were ;-)

Tom

Actually I'd pay that.

Anthony Zucker
09-30-2012, 07:39 AM
If I was Marriot I'd be embarrassed to admit that in docking a boat my wife, kids, grandkids didnt know enough to prepare and secure docking lines and fenders before leaving the boat at the dock.

Shame on him.