PDA

View Full Version : This Is What's Wrong With Kansas

Osborne Russell
09-13-2012, 03:32 PM
"We're not the party of the rich," Romney said. "We're the party of the people who want to get rich."

Tickets to the fundraiser cost from $2,500 to $50,000.

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2012/09/12/4196716/romney-white-house-gave-mixed.html#storylink=cpy

Peerie Maa
09-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Perhaps they are bussing the faithful in from out of state?

wardd
09-13-2012, 03:35 PM
they are the party of the rich that don't want to share

Mrleft8
09-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Huh.... I thought this might be a thread full of pictures of Botebum falling off of buildings, out drinking cheap beer with Mennonites, rolling into the emergency room on a gurney and hitting on the ER docs.... You know..... Things that are really wrong with Kansas.....
:D

Gerarddm
09-13-2012, 03:56 PM
"We're not the party of the rich," Romney said. "We're the party of the people who want to get rich."

... and stick it to the people who aren't.

BTW, people with old money don't use the term 'rich', it's the mark of a parveneau. They say 'wealthy' ( or so I was once told while crewing once on a New York Yacht Club cruise ).

botebum
09-13-2012, 03:58 PM
There's a hell of a lot of things wrong with Kansas. I'm (still) here to tell ya.

Doug

skuthorp
09-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Kansas?

http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/r4kiXh8YOzk/default.jpg

Morning Doug, how's Scooter?

botebum
09-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Just talked to Scooter on the phone an hour ago. She's mastered the use of the telephone and memorized my number. She calls at least twice a day:ycool:

Doug

skuthorp
09-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Say hello from us.

Flying Orca
09-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Say hello from us.

After all, it takes a Billage... (not that I think anyone could improve on Doug as a dad!)

MiddleAgesMan
09-14-2012, 07:31 AM
The Kansas legislators are working to improve the reputation of their state by holding hearings about Obama's birthplace and qualifications to appear on their ballot in November.

Yeah, that outta work!

elf
09-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Just talked to Scooter on the phone an hour ago. She's mastered the use of the telephone and memorized my number. She calls at least twice a day:ycool:

Doug
Sweet! What could make a dad feel happier!

Osborne Russell
09-14-2012, 08:06 AM
... and stick it to the people who aren't.

BTW, people with old money don't use the term 'rich', it's the mark of a parveneau. They say 'wealthy' ( or so I was once told while crewing once on a New York Yacht Club cruise ).

Yep, the masses want to be rich because of class envy. Oh sure, they want trinkets (to look like the rich folks), but what falls upon them like a whip is the perception that people are looking down on them. So they want to climb up so they can look down. To salve their conscience they tell themselves that they're just common folk, and thus demand that they be treated as such. The new wealth brings no new responsibility, it merely insulates from the society in which it was created.

So they want to be above, in terms of status, and below, morally, at the same time. Equality to them means that they don't need to be any better. Status means no one is better than them. And to them, status is money, not virtue.

This is the schizophrenia of tribal and feudal peasants forced by lawyers to live in a representative democracy. This is what conservatism has come to embody. The Republican Party would like to be their voice, because there is a S load of these people, but it isn't radical enough. So there's the Tea Party, the Militia, etc. As we see, Romney doesn't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Shang
09-14-2012, 08:18 AM
I can see Kansas from my porch,
as a matter of fact I grew up there (in Kansas, not on my porch).

So I can tell you that while you hear a lot of bad things about Kansas,
they're mostly true.

BrianW
09-14-2012, 09:37 AM
I can see Kansas from my porch,
as a matter of fact I grew up there (in Kansas, not on my porch).

So I can tell you that while you hear a lot of bad things about Kansas,
they're mostly true.

That was so very Sarah Palin(ish) Shang. :D

Kaa
09-14-2012, 10:17 AM
I can tell you right away what's wrong with Kansas. There ain't no mountains or sea there.

Kaa

Kaa
09-14-2012, 10:18 AM
That was so very Sarah Palin(ish) Shang. :D

I do like the word Palinesque :-)

Kaa

TomF
09-14-2012, 11:53 AM
I do like the word Palinesque :-)

KaaAnd any oddly self-referential comments would be Palindromes?

John of Phoenix
09-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Some pretty interesting stuff shows up when you Google "Palinesque images".

This makes sense -
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTl_jNyepRsGhSiG3EFkBRtSkH-NLp9hyfIM7Y_Geqtbfca56nn

This is freaky -
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRXiB6JcjzLYl04byb1Ml2-9lypQ1FMEYG5Ws8FWgtTcRM2MviQg

Kaa
09-14-2012, 12:24 PM
And any oddly self-referential comments would be Palindromes?

I think Palindromes is what you'd get if Sarah Palin were to buy a camel ranch :-) But what you should really be afraid of is Palindrones...

Kaa

BrianY
09-14-2012, 01:19 PM
ain't nothin' wrong with Kansas. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the people that live there....

Chip-skiff
09-14-2012, 10:47 PM
No mountains. Fat white wingnuts. Ugly churches. Incest. Monster trucks.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/solekat205/2476611113_321e8b95d3_o.jpg

fishrswim
09-15-2012, 12:15 AM
And, it's been scientifically proven to actually be flatter than a pancake. BTW I heard today that the city of Plainview has free building sites for anyone who wants to move there.

Shang
09-15-2012, 08:21 AM
And, it's been scientifically proven to actually be flatter than a pancake. BTW I heard today that the city of Plainview has free building sites for anyone who wants to move there.

That is a canard.
Kansas is not flat.
If you place a bowling ball on the Colorado-Kansas border it will begin rolling eastward,
and three years later it will fall into the Missouri River.

fishrswim
09-15-2012, 09:14 PM
That is a canard.
Kansas is not flat.
If you place a bowling ball on the Colorado-Kansas border it will begin rolling eastward,
and three years later it will fall into the Missouri River.

Umm, I think you're confusing flat with level. |:)

Garret
09-15-2012, 10:09 PM
But if it rolls to/on the river (does Tina Turner know?) it's not level.....

fishrswim
09-16-2012, 02:24 AM
But if it rolls to/on the river (does Tina Turner know?) it's not level.....
Exactly, it's flat, but tilted. In more ways than one.

Peerie Maa
09-16-2012, 04:43 AM
Yep, the masses want to be rich because of class envy. Oh sure, they want trinkets (to look like the rich folks), but what falls upon them like a whip is the perception that people are looking down on them. So they want to climb up so they can look down. To salve their conscience they tell themselves that they're just common folk, and thus demand that they be treated as such. The new wealth brings no new responsibility, it merely insulates from the society in which it was created.

So they want to be above, in terms of status, and below, morally, at the same time. Equality to them means that they don't need to be any better. Status means no one is better than them. And to them, status is money, not virtue.

This is the schizophrenia of tribal and feudal peasants forced by lawyers to live in a representative democracy. This is what conservatism has come to embody. The Republican Party would like to be their voice, because there is a S load of these people, but it isn't radical enough. So there's the Tea Party, the Militia, etc. As we see, Romney doesn't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2IX833o2QE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=K2k1iRD2f-c)

Osborne Russell
09-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Yep.