PDA

View Full Version : Train them young!

cturner
11-13-2001, 06:36 PM
Hey folks:

I have a wonderful 2 year old boy who is absolutely fascinated with boats! I wonder if it has to do with him being in my boat shop every night!!!! . Anyway, my wife suggested I find a good childrens book on boats. I remember seeing a book for children on boat building? Has anyone ever heard of such a book? Take care,..God Bless America.. (A Friend in Canada)

Thad
11-13-2001, 06:52 PM
I had a visit last year from a German boatbuilder, his Marblehead wife, and their two year old son. They came to the pond to see the ducks. The parents headed for the pond while the boy came toddling up the shop drive saying "bot, bot". He knew right where he was.

landlocked sailor
11-13-2001, 06:56 PM
Yes, the book you want is available through WB, just go to the store on the website. It's actually very well done. Rick

holzbt
11-13-2001, 07:07 PM
Look for "Captain And Mate" by Ruth and Harrop A. Freeman, Albert Whitman & Company, Chicago, Illinois, 1940. I found it on eBay and my 5 yr. old son has had me read it to him about 400 times since we got it a little over a year ago. The new book by Will Ansel is excellent also but may be for slightly older children.