Paul F
10-06-2000, 10:22 AM
This is only a test post.

Paul F
10-06-2000, 10:24 AM
Reply test.

Scott Rosen
10-06-2000, 02:22 PM
What do you mean, "test post"? Is that a mock-up of your mast? And why should the test post reply? Maybe he's related to the Brothers of Cleveland. Could you be more specific please so that we can help you.

[This message has been edited by Scott Rosen (edited 10-06-2000).]

Ian Wright
10-06-2000, 05:42 PM
Scott,,,,,,
Was that a testy post,,,,,,,?

none
10-06-2000, 06:24 PM
well?!?!?! did the post past the test ?? if not are you going to try a diffrent design? maybe an aluminum post?....I'm just kidd'n ya

Kermit
10-06-2000, 09:52 PM
This is a post-test.

none
10-06-2000, 10:16 PM
I was hope it was a tost(ed) pest....
yeah I know It should read toasted pest but use you emagination hehehe

Paul F
10-21-2000, 10:49 PM
Sometimes you guy's are a riot! I'm glad the words "Test Post" could fuel such humorous correspondences.

To learn more about "Test Post" read my post "A very special thank you to.." Posted on 10/6/00

[This message has been edited by Paul F (edited 10-21-2000).]

none
10-21-2000, 10:57 PM
but I like this test post....that is if it passed the test...L.O.L.

Paul F
10-21-2000, 11:09 PM
With flying colors! I'm a happy camper again. It's a scary thought to never be able to post anything ever again here on the forum.

PS I have toasted a few pests in my past. Most recently a humongous spider in my work/boat building shop. I gave him plenty of chances too. Hated to do it but had to. (spray paint + Bic lighter = toasted pest)

PPS I've probobly pestered a few toasts in my past also but was to toasted at the time myself to remember.

Paul.

none
10-22-2000, 11:27 AM
hehehe I found this great big spider clinging for dearlife on a peice of board, 6 miles from shore once. I think it's called a golden garden spider, but there may be another name for it.ohh and before you and the other crew bring a larg spider on a boat ..make sure the captain is not afraid of'm...
ps we named the spider Clyde, and I saw him for about a year before he vanished, we like to think he moved on.( he was a indoors spider so the birds didn't get him I'm sure)

Ed Harrow
10-22-2000, 02:52 PM
If it was the size of the garden spider that used to hang out in front of my mother's house, well let's say that the dog, cat, and every bird in the neighborhood not only left it alone, but gave it a wide berth. BIG!

none
10-22-2000, 10:00 PM
yep that sounds about the right size alright. we feed it every bug we could catch, but he liked grass hoppers and criketts the best. the "old man" (A.K.A. Captain) was the only crew member who would stop a say "hi CLYDE" HE DID PROMISE NOT USE RAID ON HIM hehehehehe

Paul F
10-23-2000, 10:06 PM
We have alot of spiders here in North Carolina. Some of them are huge! (Garden spiders and Signature spiders) We (wife and I) do our best to keep them around without hurting them but sometimes they can get a bit invasive. We actually enjoy feeding them the occasional bug also. We enjoy teaching our three year old daughter about nature. The friendly and the sometimes not so friendly. The wife caught a Black Widow in the house recently. She saved it in a jar untill I got home from work. Yes, we let it go. Old wives tale says it's bad luck to kill a spider if you beleive in that stuff. Black Widows aren't too dangerous, but them damn Brown Recluses, watch out! Talk about flesh eating venom.............

NormMessinger
10-24-2000, 08:41 AM
I didn't realize black widow spiders were not dangerous. I thought, bad for an adult in good health and possible deadly to a child or adult in poor health. Had a cousin, big old guy in good health, die, they said, from a brown recluse spider bite. It not only ate his flesh but shut down his systems after a week or so in the hospitle. Bummer.

--Norm

bythelake
11-01-2000, 02:32 PM
It is only bad luck to kill spiders after dark. SWMBO will not let me transport spiders. Still, if she wants one gone after dark, she has to be the heavy.