PDA

View Full Version : Are you more or less conservative than Mitt Romney?

Tom Montgomery
09-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Take the Christian Science Monitor's quiz: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2012/0706/Are-you-more-or-less-conservative-than-Mitt-Romney-Take-our-quiz/How-do-you-view-health-care-reform-in-this-country?google_editors_picks=true

My score: You lean left.
You might just be a Democrat, or at the very least an independent. You probably agree with most of President Obama's polices, and you understand the importance of government spending and oversight.

Keith Wilson
09-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Which Mitt Romney? The presidential candidate in '08, the presidential candidate in '12, or the governor of Massachusetts? How in the world can anyone tell if they're left of him, right of him, in front, behind, above, below, or in another universe altogether? You've heard of the Romney-Heisenberg uncertainty principle, right?

I'm in the same 'lean left' category. No surprise.

wardd
09-01-2012, 10:16 AM
yes and no

Gerarddm
09-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeh, really, which Mitt Romney, and when?

Let me hazard a guess and say, after sticking my wetted forefinger up in the air, that I tend to be less conservative than Romney. Praise The Lord.

LOL.

hokiefan
09-01-2012, 10:47 AM
How would anyone know? Romney has covered the waterfront.

Cheers,

Bobby

David W Pratt
09-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Nice survey, I liked that the answers were not in a clear linear gradient.
BTW, it said "Romney all the way"

leikec
09-01-2012, 11:10 AM
I lean left.

Jeff C

Shang
09-01-2012, 11:58 AM
I seem to be left of President Obama.

MiddleAgesMan
09-01-2012, 01:48 PM
How would anyone know? Romney has covered the waterfront.

Cheers,

Bobby

Prezactly what I was thinking.

hokiefan
09-01-2012, 02:12 PM
The survey says I lean left. Surprise, surprise!

Cheers,

Bobby

Nicholas Scheuer
09-01-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm more concerned about "Mitt the Liar" than I am about "Mitt the Conservative.

And none of us really know where Mitt was born. His wealthy Industrialist father could have flown his mother to Switzerland for Mitt's birth. Has anyone actually seen his birth certificate?

Garret
09-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Surprised to find I'm left of Obama. Like any poll, I had to choose answers that did not fit perfectly....

David W Pratt
09-01-2012, 02:43 PM
From what I could glean from their explanation, the answers are referenced to current positions

McMike
09-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Me:

You lean left.

You might just be a Democrat, or at the very least an independent. You probably agree with most of President Obama's polices, and you understand the importance of government spending and oversight.

hanleyclifford
09-01-2012, 04:26 PM
I got "Romney all the way"; guess I should go sit in the corner.

Chip-skiff
09-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Less "conservative." Less ambitious. Less greedy.

More honest.

Stiletto
09-01-2012, 06:55 PM
"You are to the left of Fidel Castro and should be immediately waterboarded until you change your stance."

htom
09-01-2012, 08:21 PM
"You're a proud member of the GOP, and you might even identify with the tea party movement. You're probably worried that if elected, Romney won't always act as conservative as he says he is."

Well, no, I'm not a member at all. Tea Party ++.

This was one of the worst quizzes of this nature I've ever taken. In only one question was there an answer I agreed with. The other questions really had me choosing the least offensive or least stupid answer, and sometime even that choice was difficult. If there's been "None of the Above", I would have had 17 of 18 as that.

PeterSibley
09-01-2012, 08:51 PM
"You are to the left of Fidel Castro and should be immediately waterboarded until you change your stance."

:d:d

You too?

Todd D
09-01-2012, 09:32 PM
"You are more than a little liberal. You are a lefty. You might be even more liberal than President Obama. You won't be voting for Romney come November." - The questions seemed quite skewed toward the right to me. Many other answers were indicative of a very poor understanding of the issues. It was often difficult to find a decent answer that was internally consistent. Frequently no good option was given. Had decent options been available I wouldn't have come out as conservative as I did :D

Durnik
09-01-2012, 09:54 PM
I am so disappointed!

"You _might_ even be more liberal than President Obama."

Might? That's all?? Just _Might_? ;-)

That said, more than a few possible answers were not adequate. Ah, well..

Meanwhile, this

You've heard of the Romney-Heisenberg uncertainty principle, right?
probably out to be in the Bilges best lines.. ;-)

enjoy
bobby

BETTY-B
09-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Your results:

You're more than a little liberal. You often offend the locals as you stomp around in your Jerusalem Cruzers leaving an obnoxious wafting of petuli as you go! Take a shower and get job ya damn hippy!

You're a lefty! You might even be more liberal than President Obama. You won't be voting for Romney since you believe that running up the credit card of a stressed company to pay yourself massive bonuses is not just lacking in integrity and morality bankrupt, but also not a real job!

Huh? That poll is messed up. I hate petuli. I dont even own any Jerusalem Cruzers.

fishrswim
09-02-2012, 12:08 AM
I don't need no stinkin' poll. I'm left of Romney, regardless of which one he is at the moment.