PDA

View Full Version : The Alfred Hichcock HOUR! DVR!

skipper68
08-15-2012, 10:04 PM
OMG! I found the series. Every frame of every shot is amazing. The acting is mesmerizing. It's on record all now.:D

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
08-15-2012, 10:35 PM
I sometimes watch it on channel 38 out of Detroit on a clear night.
Hitchcock is so creepy.
I think if he laughed his face would crack.
After an hour of that show my dreams are all black and white.

skipper68
08-18-2012, 09:55 AM
He was such an artist. Every frame is fascinating. Did you know he never married, and lived with his Mom his whole life?

Waddie
08-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Hitchcock was the film editor for what eventually was released as the documentary Memory of the Camps, about the Holocaust. I wonder how much the Holocaust influenced his style and subject matter. A predominant Hitchcock theme has been "being falsely accused". Maybe this tendency was reinforced by that awful event.

He may have lived with his mother, but according to the accusations recently made by Tippi Hedrin (I think that's her name) he was anything but a momma's boy.

FWIW; I also like his films. Especially the camera work.

regards,
Waddie

Meli
08-18-2012, 07:07 PM
My kids love Hitchcock movies.
We got a pizza and watched "Rope" a few weeks back.
Kids were glued to the screen mouths open, breath baited, pizza half chewed :D
What a thriller is supposed to do.

I could google but... Was "rope" originally written for the stage? looks like it.

Waddie
08-19-2012, 12:48 AM
I don't know if Rope was originally a stage play but your question does remind me of one infamous comment attributed to Hitchcock; "actors are cattle". Hitchcock said he actually stated that actors should be treated like cattle. To me a distinction without a difference. What he was chaffed about and what prompted the remark was his frustration in dealing with snobbish, condescending stage actors who thought acting in films was beneath them.

All in all, a colorful and talented man.

regards,
Waddie