PDA

View Full Version : New-Look People and Places

John R Smith
02-18-2002, 05:17 AM
Whew, Folks -

The Forum is born again! I think we all owe a big vote of thanks to Scot and the team at WoodenBoat.

As you can see, "People and Places Search" has been re-named to "People and Places". The idea for this came from an e-mail conversation I had with Scot a couple of weeks ago -

This is just an idea.

There is a lot of good stuff which just seems to get lost in the tidal race of "Miscellaneous". Nice little things about boats,
cruises and people generally messing about on the water. A regatta in NZ. New York waterfront in 1888. Often, by the time I see it it's nearly off the bottom of my page.

So here's my thought. How about we re-name "People and Places Search" to "People and Places". This is a very quiet area of the forum anyhow, and it might be a nice place to moor all the topics like the above, including my own snippets from Cornwall. Then they would kind of hang around for a while, and maybe create their own contemplative little quayside.

I can't claim ownership of this idea - Alan D Hyde
came up with it first in an e-mail to me, I think.

JohnScot was generous enough to agree with the suggestion, but it had to wait till this upgrade. And hell's teeth, it's looking good already. Loads of great stuff in here about boats and cruising and just generally messing about on the water.

Best wishes from Cornwall to the best folks on the best forum on the Net smile.gif

John

TomRobb
02-18-2002, 08:15 AM
Way to go John:)
Every once in a while a good thing happens.
Thanks John, Allen, & Scott.

John B
02-18-2002, 01:32 PM
I think we should pick it up and run with it.

Billy Bones
02-18-2002, 01:51 PM
Indeed, thanks not only to Scot but to John who has pursued this issue in a determined yet ever friendly and courteous fashion and seen it through.

With any luck I should be sailing again soon, and in a wooden boat. I'll try to capture some odds and ends worth sharing and post them here.

Ian McColgin
02-19-2002, 09:33 AM
Great idea. Next mud poem comes here.