PDA

View Full Version : Well at least the Weenie Member is still here. . .

Paul Pless
08-09-2012, 08:12 AM
So Ian how about putting your original travel log thread back on track?

The Bigfella
08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Pretty much zero chance of that at the moment. Maybe some time in the future.

I'm having major computer difficulties keeping up with and posting any photos at the moment. This netbook keeps freezing on me with Photobucket. It's not got enough memory or hard disk space. I may be able to get it worked on in Chiang Mai, but I don't know. In some areas, other threads here are ahead of my original thread, which I transferred to advrider.

I've had some health issues and may either take a break or even pull the pin on the rest of the trip - although I seem to be improving, so who knows? At least I can get out of bed unaided now and the haemoraging has stopped. Oh yeah... the bikes not running at the moment either..... but I did come home tonight with two women on the back of my rental scooter.

There's also the sailing offer to consider.

There.... that negative enough for you?

Iceboy
08-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Get better Ian. That should take precedence. Even though I hate waiting, your stuff is worth the wait.

Jim...

Ted Hoppe
08-09-2012, 01:18 PM
I quite enjoy your inspiration and joy of adventure travel. we'll wait for your next installment once your headwear, hardware and computer are sorted to continue. heal fast and well.

The Bigfella
08-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Mate, I handed someone the knife one of the refugees made for me the other day and asked them to cut my throat...

Damn good knife... but I'm worried about rust

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/igatenby/Northern%20Thailand/232.jpg

LeeG
08-09-2012, 01:23 PM
you injured?

WX
08-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Look after yourself Ian, you've got three boats to finish back here.:)

Lew Barrett
08-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Get well, mate.

George Jung
08-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Understudy to the rescue!

'filling in for the Big Fella, for the immediate future, will be Lil' Fella..... folks, he may be small, but he sure is slow'..... (references from Coach)

I'm filling up the hot air balloon as we speak..... try to hold things together til I get there...

The Bigfella
08-09-2012, 08:49 PM
you injured?

Hmmm... I replied to you, but either the Internet ate it, or I'm on auto-delete with Scot. I see some of my posts disappeared last night.... not that I'd say they were offensive, but apparently my very existence is to some folks.

The short answer Lee, is that I either kissed, ate or got bitten by something I shouldn't have. I have had most of the symptoms of Dengue Fever, but its a pretty mild dose if that's what it is. Bleeding gums, aching joints, rashes, headache, eye issues. The worst of it was my lower back simply seized up and I ended up needing assistance to get out of bed for a day.

The Bigfella
08-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Understudy to the rescue!

'filling in for the Big Fella, for the immediate future, will be Lil' Fella..... folks, he may be small, but he sure is slow'..... (references from Coach)

I'm filling up the hot air balloon as we speak..... try to hold things together til I get there...

Hurry up Doc... I need you here before all my teeth fall out.

.... how about I borrow your hot air balloon when you get here and you ride the bike home for me? If I can get it running again, that is. It got left out in the pelting rain for a couple of days while I was bedridden... and it didn't like it.

ccmanuals
08-09-2012, 09:14 PM
George, sounds like our friend Ian is in need of some medical assistance.

George Jung
08-09-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm undersized (relative to Ian) and slow..... and purty old..... could be awhile! (where's my seein' eye turtle?)

The Bigfella
08-09-2012, 09:23 PM
George, sounds like our friend Ian is in need of some medical assistance.

George has promised me a house call..... that's why he's filling up the hot air balloon.

I've hired a little scooter here, so I'm mobile again. I'm about to set off again and try to find a doctor. The Mae Tow clinic is just down the road, but they are massively overloaded going on what I saw the other day. I'll see how things are in the centre of town.

George Jung
08-09-2012, 09:28 PM
good move, Ian; I suspect you'll stand out in the crowd. That'll help!

ccmanuals
08-09-2012, 09:40 PM
good move, Ian; I suspect you'll stand out in the crowd. That'll help!

:D:D:D

The Bigfella
08-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Well, the good news is that the bike's runnng again. I got 50' from the workshop and it died again, but it was just remnant water. 2,700 baht... (about $80) of which 1,900 ($57) was the new battery.... the rest, 800 baht ($24) covered about a day's labour at workshop prices

Concordia...41
08-10-2012, 03:52 AM
Take care of yourself as well as you take care of the bike....

-M

Hwyl
08-10-2012, 04:16 AM
Get well soon, maybe back to Oz for a few weeks. Dengue is nothing to mess with

ChrisBen
08-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Hmmm... I replied to you, but either the Internet ate it, or I'm on auto-delete with Scot. I see some of my posts disappeared last night.... not that I'd say they were offensive, but apparently my very existence is to some folks.

The short answer Lee, is that I either kissed, ate or got bitten by something I shouldn't have. I have had most of the symptoms of Dengue Fever, but its a pretty mild dose if that's what it is. Bleeding gums, aching joints, rashes, headache, eye issues. The worst of it was my lower back simply seized up and I ended up needing assistance to get out of bed for a day.You gettin enough vitamin C? Get outta bed and get better. :d

The Bigfella
08-10-2012, 11:41 AM
I got out of bed today and got some vitamin beer with friends. I'm planning on riding tomorrow. Need some more photos of an old bloke on a motorbike..... I reckon I'm better than 70% fit.