PDA

View Full Version : Wimp factor?

johnw
07-29-2012, 05:45 PM
I did not see this coming.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7xebfYnUD1qzs5cqo1_500.jpg

That's gonna leave a mark.

But it strikes me as an odd interpretation of events. Does it mean that Newsweek is peeved about Romney's campaign breaking its word on how much access reporters would have on his trip abroad?

Nicholas Scheuer
07-29-2012, 06:31 PM
I figured him for a wimp from Day-One. Glad NEWSWEEK has the cjones to put it on their cover.

Glen Longino
07-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Yep! He thinks he's entitled to be POTUS regardless his incompeptence to be POTUS!

Paul Girouard
07-29-2012, 06:47 PM
First he a war hawk , then in the afternoon a wimp. The spin here never ends does it! How many months to this election?? Hoy vey!

Glen Longino
07-29-2012, 06:50 PM
99 days!

wardd
07-29-2012, 06:51 PM
a lot of money will be spent to buy it for him

wardd
07-29-2012, 06:52 PM
First he a war hawk , then in the afternoon a wimp. The spin here never ends does it! How many months to this election?? Hoy vey!

he and his will never have to fight in his wars

Glen Longino
07-29-2012, 06:54 PM

So, who ya gonna vote for, the Troglodyte or the Messiah?
Ain't easy being a voter, is it?:DLMAO:D

Paul Girouard
07-29-2012, 06:55 PM
he and his will never have to fight in his wars

You're right , most people don't so he's one of the 99 % in that I'd say. Those may not be exact figures LOL. so don't expect a link.

Cuyahoga Chuck
07-29-2012, 06:57 PM

I agree! His campaign staff is going to have to pull a bunch of all-nighters to come up with a way around this article.

David G
07-29-2012, 08:09 PM
I think Newsweek nailed it.

Sometimes there actually ARE disadvantages to being financially advantaged. I've known a few guys like that. You have the sense that they might have turned out to be decent guys - except that their family money, position, standing, and domestic help kept them just a little TOO sheltered to develop normally. They never got the change to get down in the mud with the rest of the uncouth wild boys. They never had to fend for themselves, and defend themselves. They never had to become resourceful in the same way. They never got a chance to develop a sense of their own self, and their own competence... because it was that or sink.

So they grow up just a little bit hollow. Sometimes they become aloof. Sometimes they become overly 'friendly' and generous in order to be liked. Sometimes they become bullies. Sometimes - often later in life - they become the Grand Nobleman. They might run for office out of a sense of 'noblesse oblige'.

I think Romney has a bit of all of that in him - though he hasn't, I suspect, reached the stage of maturity where noblesse oblige comes into play. At this point he's mostly just a stuffed shirt, who's been propped up thru life by his family money and connections.

Hmmmm... reminds me a bit of Bush Jr.

And Romney is dangerous for many of the same reasons that Bush Jr. was dangerous... and turned out to be a fiasco as president.

bobbys
07-29-2012, 08:27 PM
You could buy this whole company for a buck and save one dollar off the 3.99 newstand price.

johnw
07-29-2012, 09:38 PM

The last president to be tagged with the wimp factor was George H.W. Bush, who never struck me as a wimp.

Is Romney one? I don't buy the idea that being a war hawk and a wimp are incompatible. Look at all the chicken hawks in the George W. Bush administration. My worry is that he might feel a need to prove his manhood by putting other peoples' lives on the line.

Keith Wilson
07-29-2012, 09:41 PM
First he's a war hawk, then in the afternoon a wimp.You think that's a contradiction? It's always the insecure guys, trying to prove how tough they are, who get into fights.

Nicholas Scheuer
07-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Exactly, Keith. But look for the rags sympathetic to Mitt to hit back with cover stories of their own. And then there is Limbaugh,; he'll be in rare form backing the Wimp.

johnw
07-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Exactly, Keith. But look for the rags sympathetic to Mitt to hit back with cover stories of their own. And then there is Limbaugh,; he'll be in rare form backing the Wimp.

Well, he backed the last one.