PDA

View Full Version : A "Man Aisle" at the Grocers?

Nicholas Scheuer
07-26-2012, 12:40 PM
http://bites.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/26/12968729-wheres-the-beef-and-beer-grocery-store-gives-guys-a-man-aisle?lite

Who drinks Chock-Full Of Nuts Coffee? I had a cousin who like it.

Mrleft8
07-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Grandparents drink Chock-full of nuts coffee...... Or they did before they died..... In 1980.....
And Savarin coffee..... I have some old rusty cans full of old rusty bent nails and cup hooks that were in my grandfather's shop.....

Bruce Hooke
07-26-2012, 01:24 PM
A lot of the men I'm around these days are into farming and organic food. They want to know where the organic broccoli is and where the locally made goat's milk cheese is, not where to get potato chips that would not even merit being composted because of all the nasty stuff in them!

Mrleft8
07-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Real men don't eat quiche, or other gross stuff, like pork rinds, and pop tarts....
But organic broccoli?..... Just shoot me if you ever hear me asking for that..... EVER!.... Regular old broccoli grown in the dirt with potentially lethal doses of salmonella from contaminated irrigation water is fine for me.... I usually rinse the stuff, and steam, or bake it before eating it anyway....

Nicholas Scheuer
07-26-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm sure Bruce Hooke and his friends know where to find the Goat Milk as well as their, wives, partners, or significant others. The guys looking for the jerky are the sort to complain to the Manager, "how'come I cain't find sh-t in this place?"

switters
07-26-2012, 04:51 PM
No ammunition or bait? That isn't the man aisle.

S.V. Airlie
07-26-2012, 04:57 PM
I don't drink the pansy stuff like lattes from starbucks for the woman and Glen.

Bruce Hooke
07-26-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm sure Bruce Hooke and his friends know where to find the Goat Milk as well as their, wives, partners, or significant others. The guys looking for the jerky are the sort to complain to the Manager, "how'come I cain't find sh-t in this place?"

A fair point. This isn't so much a "man isle" they are creating as a "couch potato isle" but they can't call it that!

jonboy
07-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Real men don't eat quiche, or other gross stuff, like pork rinds, and pop tarts....
But organic broccoli?..... Just shoot me if you ever hear me asking for that..... EVER!.... Regular old broccoli grown in the dirt with potentially lethal doses of salmonella from contaminated irrigation water is fine for me.... I usually rinse the stuff, and steam, or bake it before eating it anyway....
If its fine then don't bother with the rinsing -cooking bit...a pinch of dirt is necessary in all diets...who gets the s***ts in mexico cuba thailand france, .. ?
not cubans mexicans and french for certain,,,me... I get the guts ache whenever I go abroad.. after a day its ok though...
you think the bottoms fallen out of your world?, wait til the world falls out of your bottom
acclimatisation and lots of beer usually works.

JimD
07-26-2012, 07:13 PM
I think a singles aisle would be a hit, as well as a men seeking men and a women seeking women aisle. Also, perhaps a Dating Supplies aisle and a Relationship Staples aisle.

Keith Wilson
07-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Bud Light and Captain Crunch??? Jesus T. Christ. Yuck.

ccmanuals
07-26-2012, 07:49 PM
8 O'clock coffee. grind whole beans every morning.

http://eightoclock.com/

seanz
07-26-2012, 09:35 PM
A fair point. This isn't so much a "man isle" they are creating as a "couch potato isle" but they can't call it that!

They could call it "The Gilligan Isle"......

wardd
07-26-2012, 09:38 PM
I don't drink the pansy stuff like lattes from starbucks for the woman and Glen.

you keep your latte machine in the closet

jack grebe
07-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I think a singles aisle would be a hit, as well as a men seeking men and a women seeking women aisle. Also, perhaps a Dating Supplies aisle and a Relationship Staples aisle.

JD.....nothing personal.......I never even met you.....but thats Fu'd^........................

seanz
07-26-2012, 10:11 PM
JD.....nothing personal.......I never even met you.....but thats Fu'd^........................

If you ever do meet JimD, just don't go shopping with him.

You'll be fine.

:)

S/V Laura Ellen
07-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Bud Light and Captain Crunch??? Jesus T. Christ. Yuck.

Beer and Captain Crunch isn't just for breakfast any more.

Plumbtex
07-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Men shouldn't have to go to the grocery store. All we need is a beer aisle in the hardware store

B_B
07-26-2012, 11:34 PM
... Regular old broccoli grown in the dirt with potentially lethal doses of salmonella from contaminated irrigation water is fine for me......
Produce with 'organic' labels are just as likely to get be contaminated with salmonella than those without the 'organic' label. My own speculation is that because there is an increased reliance on animal waste products as fertilizer in 'organic' farming, as opposed to chemical fertilizers, you may have an increased risk of salmonella contamination.

The national outbreak of salmonella in products with peanuts has been particularly unsettling for shoppers like her who think organic food is safer.

The plants in Texas and Georgia that were sending out contaminated peanut butter and ground peanut products had something else besides rodent infestation, mold and bird droppings. They also had federal organic certification.

“Why is organic peanut butter better than Jif?” said Ms. Devlin-Sample, a nurse practitioner from Pelham, N.Y. “I have no idea. If we’re getting salmonella from peanut butter, all bets are off.”

Although the rules governing organic food require health inspections and pest-management plans, organic certification technically has nothing to do with food safety.

My male friends are like Bruce Hooke's.

elf
07-27-2012, 12:14 AM
At least the best non-conventional peanut butters are nearly corn syrup or sugar free. Nothing like some sweetener to feed salmonella.

johnw
07-27-2012, 01:41 AM

While the rest of the world is eating organic food, I've developed a taste for the inorganic apples.

seanz
07-27-2012, 04:03 AM
While the rest of the world is eating organic food, I've developed a taste for the inorganic apples.

Don't they hurt your teeth?

purri
07-27-2012, 04:18 AM
And on that note I'm reminded of a Salmon Rushdie aka the fish with a death wish...

At least the best non-conventional peanut butters are nearly corn syrup or sugar free. Nothing like some sweetener to feed salmonella.