PDA

View Full Version : a re-do of the gun ownership and NRA membership

Phillip Allen
07-25-2012, 08:11 PM
the question is directed ONLY at people who own or are caretakers of firearm(s)

Garret
07-25-2012, 08:17 PM
I voted this time. Thanks for making it clearer!

Glen Longino
07-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Suck eggs!

Paul Pless
07-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks for making it clearer!but we lost all that erudite conversation. . .

Phillip Allen
07-25-2012, 08:20 PM
but we lost all that erudite conversation. . .

no we didn't
I only locked it so as to preserve all the erudite hecklers posts

BTW... it is not an open poll but I will tell you all that I haven't belonged to the NRA since 1972 (I think)

this whole excercise came when a certain bilge heckler decided that I MUST be a member if I like guns... it was stupid of him
I AM considering joining again for the sake of competing in NRA sanctioned matches... but I haven't so far

wardd
07-25-2012, 08:20 PM
undecided

The Bigfella
07-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah... undecided to, I own firearms and I belong to the Sporting Shooters Association of Australian... so do I vote yes or no? I'll choose one and keep it secret eh?

bobbys
07-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Suck eggs!.

I voted NO.

http://cf.drafthouse.com/_uploads/galleries/18103/luke_2__thumb.jpg

Glen Longino
07-25-2012, 08:25 PM
but we lost all that erudite conversation. . .

Phillip closed that thread because he did not like the way the conversation went.
If he had any cojones he would close this thread and re-open that thread.

Phillip Allen
07-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah... undecided to, I own firearms and I belong to the Sporting Shooters Association of Australian... so do I vote yes or no? I'll choose one and keep it secret eh?

probably shouldn't vote as this revolves around THE NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION which is a US organization... I don't actually know if a non citizen can join... perhaps someone else does

Tom Montgomery
07-25-2012, 08:26 PM
You do realize that the results of your poll will only pertain to those members of the WBF who opt to participate?

What the results have to do with anything else is very questionable

seanz
Suck eggs!

I concur.

:)

hokiefan
Much clearer now. Despite growing up shooting I do not own a gun so I won't vote. I will say that at one time I valued the NRA's firearm safety programs. Now I believe their wingnut fervor over the gun rights issue overshadows what good they do.

Cheers,

Bobby

The Bigfella
07-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Too late... I voted. Call it my constitutional write.

seanz
07-25-2012, 08:27 PM
You do realize that the results of your poll will only pertain to those members of the WBF who opt to participate?

You do realize that no matter what the results of the poll are they will only mean what Phillip wants then to mean.

Phillip Allen
07-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Wouldn't non-American responses tilt the outcome slightly? ;)

I voted last time, should I again?

it's a new poll

the other poll got hyjacked by the hecklers... this one may as well but at least I made it clearer

seanz
07-25-2012, 08:29 PM
I've got a spud gun. It's plastic, does this make it tactical?

Phillip Allen
07-25-2012, 08:29 PM
You do realize that no matter what the results of the poll are they will only mean what Phillip wants then to mean.

wrong... we can all see the results and I actually do not know what I will do with the information... it doesn't matter I think

Tom Montgomery
07-25-2012, 08:31 PM
we can all see the results and I actually do not know what I will do with the information... it doesn't matter I think
That would be my guess as well.

The Bigfella
It still doesn't change the fact that for the last 30 or so years, every 41st American male death has been due to gunshot wounds

Phillip Allen

that is true of ALL the bilge polls... so?

Tom Montgomery
07-25-2012, 08:32 PM
that is true of ALL the bilge polls... so?
See Post #20.

Phillip Allen
07-25-2012, 08:32 PM
It still doesn't change the fact that for the last 30 or so years, every 41st American male death has been due to gunshot wounds

exclude cops killing, suicide and include women... you have cooked the books, it's that simple

Garret
07-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Phillip closed that thread because he did not like the way the conversation went.
If he had any cojones he would close this thread and re-open that thread.

Glen - that's BS. He closed it & started this one because the other one was not clear. I know Phillip gets yours in a twist, but he did the right thing here.

Paul Pless
07-25-2012, 08:50 PM
this whole excercise came when a certain bilge heckler decided that I MUST be a member if I like guns... it was stupid of him

but he did the right thing here.

Responding with hecklers merely empowers the heckler. . .

B_B
07-25-2012, 08:51 PM
exclude cops killing, suicide and include women... you have cooked the books, it's that simple
No intention of trying to skew the numbers there, eh? ;)

In 2008, the U.S. had over 12 thousand (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr59/nvsr59_04.pdf) firearm-related homicides. All of Japan experienced only 11 (http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-%20and-analysis/homicide.html), fewer than were killed at the Aurora shooting alone.

also in 2008, 587 Americans were killed just by guns that had discharged accidentally.

Researchers determined that the rate of homicides with guns in the U.S. was 4.1 per 100,000 people; the same rate combining the 22 other countries was 0.2 per 100,000 in 2003. The rate of homicides using guns in the U.S. was 19.5 times the rate of the other countries. Moran, rounding up, correctly repeated that factoid.

We decided to see if there were more recent numbers than 2003. U.N. (http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/homicide.html)andnational statistics (http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/scotland) for those same countries showed the gap closed. The most recent data, mostly from 2009, shows a gun homicide rate of 3.0 per 100,000 people in the U.S. and 0.2 in the 22 other countries used in the firearm fatality study. The U.S., with its decrease, had a rate around 15 times those of other countries.

Nationally, police killed 1,553 people between 2003 and 2006,

For those gun toters who think they'd be excellent in a scary situation:

LASD deputies fired on 260 people from 2005 through 2010. Sixty-one percent of those shootings involved suspects who were later determined to be unarmed. “Waistband shootings,” in which suspects were fired upon after reaching toward their waists, increased from one-fifth of all incidents to one-third. In almost half of those incidents, the suspects were found to be unarmed. Ninety-six percent of the suspects fired upon by sheriff’s deputies were black or Latino.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
07-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Is it Erudite Erhart? Did they find her?

Glen Longino
07-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Glen - that's BS. He closed it & started this one because the other one was not clear. I know Phillip gets yours in a twist, but he did the right thing here.

You're entitled to your opinion and I won't argue your point.
But I know precisely what Phillip was getting at with his last thread...same with this thread.
Phillip is an iron-arsed gunslinger who will argue until his dying breath that a culture of guns and violence is preferable to any other culture.
This is not our first time to see Phillip's homespun gunslinger philosophy around here.
In fact, any mention of guns or massacre sets his nose twitching, his eyes blazing, his pulse racing, and little beads of gunpowder flowing from his pores.
Anybody strike a match around him would blow the place to smithereens!

Garret
07-25-2012, 09:13 PM
You're entitled to your opinion and I won't argue your point.
But I know precisely what Phillip was getting at with his last thread...same with this thread.
Phillip is an iron-arsed gunslinger who will argue until his dying breath that a culture of guns and violence is preferable to any other culture.
This is not our first time to see Phillip's homespun gunslinger philosophy around here.
In fact, any mention of guns or massacre sets his nose twitching, his eyes blazing, his pulse racing, and little beads of gunpowder flowing from his pores.
Anybody strike a match around him would blow the place to smithereens!

No argument about his views - just about why he redid the poll. Fair is fair IMO.

Glen Longino
07-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Glen got a put down.
Poor glen.

Heheh!:D
Lucky you caught me in a good mood or I'd show you some put down the way I always do when you come around trying to hump my leg...Bad dog!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Glen Longino
07-25-2012, 09:17 PM
No argument about his views - just about why he redid the poll. Fair is fair IMO.

I agree, fair is fair!:)

Steve McMahon
07-25-2012, 09:22 PM
They probably wouldn't let a Canadian join the NRA anyway.

Garret
07-25-2012, 09:28 PM
They probably wouldn't let a Canadian join the NRA anyway.

In fact.... You'll be excited to learn:

Applicants outside of the US and Canada, please disregard State and Zip fields.

Steve McMahon
07-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Darn, I've misplaced my cheque book. I'll guess I will have to pass.

The Bigfella
07-25-2012, 09:29 PM

No cooking the books Phillip. 2.5% of American men die from gunshots. Its a simple fact.

Garret
07-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Darn, I've misplaced my cheque book. I'll guess I will have to pass.

I'm sure your disappointment is overwhelming! :D

B_B
07-25-2012, 09:35 PM
In fact.... You'll be excited to learn:
Applicants outside of the US and Canada, please disregard State and Zip fields.
What're Canadians supposed to do with State and Zip fields? Is this a new tourist thing?

http://whitneymcd7.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/costa-rica-zip-line-small.jpg

Garret
07-25-2012, 09:45 PM
What're Canadians supposed to do with State and Zip fields? Is this a new tourist thing?

You realize most Ammurricans don't know that you have Postal Codes & Provinces, right?

Todd D
07-25-2012, 09:53 PM
I voted based on the assumption that my Daisy BB gun counts as a firearm. I use it to encourage deer to leave my yard. I do not now and never will belong to the NRA.I have never owned a gun powder gun although my step-father had the octagon barrel, pump 22 he got when he was 8 years old in the house when I was growing up.I shot expert in both rifle and pistol when I was in the Navy, so I have used guns. I just see no reason to actually have one.

B_B
07-25-2012, 10:01 PM
You realize most Ammurricans don't know that you have Postal Codes & Provinces, right?
Oh, I realize it! ;)

Went to a bar in Virginia once, looong time ago. Asked for my ID gave them my driver's license - I was 23 at the time, but I'm young looking (cough!). Wouldn't let me in - didn't know where "Manitoba" was. So I gave him my passport. Nope. I asked him if he know where ND was, nope, Minnesota, nope, "it's where the Vikings play!" "oh, yeah!" "well go north from there" ... blank stare.

Called the manager over and I said to the guy, "I've heard of fake ID's but fake Countries?" He let me in.

wardd
07-25-2012, 10:03 PM
I voted based on the assumption that my Daisy BB gun counts as a firearm. I use it to encourage deer to leave my yard. I do not now and never will belong to the NRA.I have never owned a gun powder gun although my step-father had the octagon barrel, pump 22 he got when he was 8 years old in the house when I was growing up.I shot expert in both rifle and pistol when I was in the Navy, so I have used guns. I just see no reason to actually have one.

to shoot other shooters in crowded theaters

it has a calming affect on the crowd when more than one person is shooting

Glen Longino
07-25-2012, 10:13 PM
dumba$$

:DThat's what I wanted to say but was scared I'd get Scotted!
Thanks, Fred!

Canoeyawl
07-25-2012, 10:16 PM
http://www.alice-dsl.net/aymar/Pro_and_Con/Ron%20Sommer/bruegel_funnel%20man.jpg

Phillip Allen
07-25-2012, 10:21 PM
I do not think it is possible to get the passive approval of some people here...it really doesn't matter what I say... now, what does that make of them?

Lew Barrett
07-25-2012, 10:53 PM
I joined the NRA in 1985, the year they held a convention in Seattle. I figured "what the hell?" I went to the convention but my interest, target guns, wasn't much in play. There were plenty of tricked out 45s, AR16s, high capacity magazine fed shotguns, Weatherbys, and all manner of hunting guns, but no Hammerlis. I could see right away the NRA weren't my kind of people! Well I knew that going in, but I figured it would be instructional to go to the convention. To be fair, there were a lot of offerings that I failed to attend that were probably of great technical interest. That was 27 years ago.

Since then, I'm guessing even fewer people I would party with are members, and anyway, I hear they haven't made Hammerlis in years!

Phillip Allen
07-25-2012, 10:56 PM
I joined the NRA in 1985, the year they held a convention in Seattle. I figured "what the hell?" I went to the convention but my interest, target guns, wasn't much in play. There were plenty of tricked out 45s, AR16s, high capacity magazine fed shotguns, Weatherbys, and all manner of hunting guns, but no Hammerlis. I could see right away the NRA weren't my kind of people! Well I knew that going in, but I figured it would be instructional to go to the convention. To be fair, there were a lot of offerings that I failed to attend that were probably of great technical interest. That was 27 years ago.

Since then, I'm guessing even fewer people I would party with are members, and anyway, I hear they haven't made Hammerlis in years!

well, If I want to compete in BPCR events, I'll have to join...(sigh)

Phillip Allen
07-25-2012, 10:58 PM
the reason I 'quit' was I got tired of all the scare mail... I resist being stampeded by both the NRA and the bilge rats... and lots of other things... I much prefer to think for myself. I fail at that often enough but I keep getting back up and trying again

Lew Barrett
07-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Phillip. don't stop (trying) because I have every confidence that someday you are going to figure it out!

fishrswim
07-26-2012, 12:40 AM
I used to be a member, but that was before the organization was hijacked by the any gun, any time, any place, nut job, wacko wingnuts. Back then the primary focus was shooting competitions, safety training, hunting firearms and antique firearms, etc.

Yes, I still own and use firearms. Both my wife and I have carry permits.

purri
07-26-2012, 02:23 AM
^ and there lies the conundrum.

McMike
07-26-2012, 05:27 AM
I've got a spud gun. It's plastic, does this make it tactical?

My younger brother has a criminal record for discharging a spud gun on the beach out to sea. Yet I'm surrounded by morons armed to the teeth, in comparison to what is actually reasonable, who claim they are exercising their constitutional right while waving their deadly weapon around like a five year old with a cap gun.

The simple fact is that the majority of Americans are not mature enough to understand the constitution never mind deal wth the responsibility of wielding a firearm, hell, the average American isn't responsible/mature enough to operate a motor vehicle. Most reasonable and responsible folks would not simply hand over a firearm to a child to do what they wish with it, along those lines we need to stop handing out "permission" to most of America; age does not equal emotional maturity.

Phillip Allen
07-26-2012, 06:12 AM
My younger brother has a criminal record for discharging a spud gun on the beach out to sea. Yet I'm surrounded by morons armed to the teeth, in comparison to what is actually reasonable, who claim they are exercising their constitutional right while waving their deadly weapon around like a five year old with a cap gun.

The simple fact is that the majority of Americans are not mature enough to understand the constitution never mind deal wth the responsibility of wielding a firearm, hell, the average American isn't responsible/mature enough to operate a motor vehicle. Most reasonable and responsible folks would not simply hand over a firearm to a child to do what they wish with it, along those lines we need to stop handing out "permission" to most of America; age does not equal emotional maturity.
so, then you agree with me that we should never have lowered the voting age

Peerie Maa
07-26-2012, 06:34 AM

Wrong, suicide and killed by a cop with a gun are both valid, compare your instances with the UK. Gun deaths by armed cops are still gun deaths driven by the ready availability of guns in your culture.

seanz
07-26-2012, 06:36 AM
so, then you agree with me that we should never have lowered the voting age

I think he was making a point along the lines of "age does not come with wisdom, sometimes age comes alone"....though he didn't mention you specifically.

The Bigfella
07-26-2012, 06:41 AM
Wrong, suicide and killed by a cop with a gun are both valid, compare your instances with the UK. Gun deaths by armed cops are still gun deaths driven by the ready availability of guns in your culture.

Death by cop is a tiny fraction of the toll.

Its funny how Phillip says its me cooking the books... and then insists on a recipe list of modifications.

Its a very simple, very stark statistic. One that anyone with an IQ of 41 or more could follow.

Let me say it again slowly, for Phillip.

For the last 30 years, one male death in every 41 male deaths in the USA (excluding combat deaths) has been due to a gunshot.

Its been, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, BANG - you're DEAD.

Compare that to civilised countries eh Phillip?

Phillip Allen
07-26-2012, 06:43 AM
Death by cop is a tiny fraction of the toll.

Its funny how Phillip says its me cooking the books... and then insists on a recipe list of modifications.

Its a very simple, very stark statistic. One that anyone with an IQ of 41 or more could follow.

Let me say it again slowly, for Phillip.

For the last 30 years, one male death in every 41 male deaths in the USA (excluding combat deaths) has been due to a gunshot.

Its been, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, Die, BANG - you're DEAD.

Compare that to civilised countries eh Phillip?

didn't you admit to leaving women out of your numbers because guns were "men's toys" and then include women anyway, in suicides and other firearms death?

Phillip Allen
07-26-2012, 06:46 AM

presumably, with firearms gone from the equation, cops shooting unarmed people and suicides will continue unabated

Phillip Allen
07-26-2012, 06:54 AM
Translation:
Gee, it's almost three(3)AM and I'm drunk as a skunk...I should go to bed but not before I spill my spleen on Glen!
Hope nobody notices how silly and vindictive I am...duh!

you complaining about the vindictiveness of others???

Phillip Allen
07-26-2012, 06:55 AM
see ya... I'm off to the doc to ask if I can have my hatchet back

Nicholas Scheuer
07-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Revised syntax hasn't changed the outcome.

BTW, Phillip, you certainly SOUND (post) like a rock-ribbed NRA member most of the time. But then, I probably don't usually sound like a LIBERAL who likes guns, neither.

The Bigfella
07-26-2012, 07:17 AM
didn't you admit to leaving women out of your numbers because guns were "men's toys" and then include women anyway, in suicides and other firearms death?

No.

Mrleft8
07-26-2012, 07:45 AM
probably shouldn't vote as this revolves around THE NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION which is a US organization... I don't actually know if a non citizen can join... perhaps someone else does
If non-citizens can't join, why do all those crazy Mexican drug cartels keep coming up here to buy guns from NRA gun shows?.... They wouldn't get their NRA discount if they weren't members...

Peerie Maa
07-26-2012, 07:51 AM
presumably, with firearms gone from the equation, cops shooting unarmed people and suicides will continue unabated

Duh, we do not have armed cops on the streets. The only time we arm our cops is when dealing with one of those rare cases when there is an armed perpetrator, so no we do not have lots of cops killing people. Please try to keep up.

P.S. If there are no firearms in the equation why do you expect your cops to need to be armed?

Garret
07-26-2012, 07:52 AM
If non-citizens can't join, why do all those crazy Mexican drug cartels keep coming up here to buy guns from NRA gun shows?.... They wouldn't get their NRA discount if they weren't members...

They can.

My post about it above was copied from the NRA site.

Garret
07-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Oh, I realize it! ;)

Went to a bar in Virginia once, looong time ago. Asked for my ID gave them my driver's license - I was 23 at the time, but I'm young looking (cough!). Wouldn't let me in - didn't know where "Manitoba" was. So I gave him my passport. Nope. I asked him if he know where ND was, nope, Minnesota, nope, "it's where the Vikings play!" "oh, yeah!" "well go north from there" ... blank stare.

Called the manager over and I said to the guy, "I've heard of fake ID's but fake Countries?" He let me in.

It ain't just Canada. I went to rent a stiff hitch (in the days before car dollies) in North Carolina & the UHaul guy said that my license was fake 'cause everyone knows that Vermont is part of New York & not a state. I pulled out a map & showed him New England & he still wouldn't do it. I had to drive 20 miles to another UHaul place to get one. That guy hadn't heard of Vermont - but he accepted the license.....

Iceboy
07-26-2012, 08:34 AM
I am no longer a member and haven't been since the 70s but I don't believe the NRA puts on gun shows that allow purchases of firearms. Nothing on thier web site about it. It is also against federal law to sell a firearm to an alien except under certain circumstances such as establishing state residency which takes at least 90 days.

wardd
07-26-2012, 10:27 AM
when something is easy to do, more people will do it more often

guns make things like murder and robbery easier to commit

B_B
07-26-2012, 10:30 AM
You missed post 26 on this here thread:

“Waistband shootings,” in which suspects were fired upon after reaching toward their waists, increased from one-fifth of all incidents to one-third. In almost half of those incidents, the suspects were found to be unarmed.

It's the BELIEF that every suspect HAS a gun that leads to cops shooting unarmed people - it's the gun culture that inculcates that belief.

Glen Longino
07-26-2012, 12:38 PM
you complaining about the vindictiveness of others???

Nope, I was translating Jamie into English.
Pay attention, please!

Horace
07-26-2012, 01:54 PM
dumba$$That's heckling, but is it erudite?

seanz
07-26-2012, 05:13 PM
well, If I want to compete in BPCR events, I'll have to join...(sigh)

You won't join the NRA because they let Democrats in too, isn't that right?

The Bigfella
07-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Was not intended to be erudite. It was intended to be understood.

Do you think that's possible?

BrianW
07-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Wow! Almost 28% of Bilge gun owners do belong to the NRA!

Never would have thunk it.

Good thread Phillip.

The Bigfella
07-26-2012, 08:31 PM

Never would have thunk it.

Good thread Phillip.

Um... maybe.

B_B
07-26-2012, 08:34 PM
You've got a lot to learn about polls ;)

Nearly 28% of Bilge poll RESPONDENTS said they belong to the NRA.
Nearly 28% of Bilge poll respondents SAID they belong to the NRA.

Pollster clearly stated he didn't want a large segment of the Bilge population to NOT respond, then said, "meh? I dunno"; so did foreign Bilge participants besides Ian respond or not? Did Ian actually respond or is he pulling our legs?

Besides all that: internet polls are notoriously misleading.

Conclusion:
This poll is frought with so much doubt as to leave the drawing of any conclusions meaningless. :D

Phillip Allen
07-26-2012, 08:49 PM
You've got a lot to learn about polls ;)

Nearly 28% of Bilge poll RESPONDENTS said they belong to the NRA.
Nearly 28% of Bilge poll respondents SAID they belong to the NRA.

Pollster clearly stated he didn't want a large segment of the Bilge population to NOT respond, then said, "meh? I dunno"; so did foreign Bilge participants besides Ian respond or not? Did Ian actually respond or is he pulling our legs?

Besides all that: internet polls are notoriously misleading.

Conclusion:
This poll is frought with so much doubt as to leave the drawing of any conclusions meaningless. :D

so, you're saying those political popularity polls are meaningless? Approval ratings?

The Bigfella
07-26-2012, 09:08 PM
so, you're saying those political popularity polls are meaningless? Approval ratings?

Oh, is this a POLITICAL poll?

Why didn't you say so?

If you want an approval rating... ask for it.

B_B
07-26-2012, 09:09 PM
All Bilge political popularity polls are meaningless. BROTM was always fixed.

Increasingly, all polls are being rendered meaningless - the vast majority of people just don't respond. Increasingly pollsters are looking at other ways of gleaning data; combining data from search engines and internet traffic with data gleaned from traditional polling methods.

As to your reading comprehension and what you've said to me about mine the past couple days - pots calling kettles, eh? <shrugs> c'est la vie

Phillip Allen
07-26-2012, 09:12 PM
okay, I now understand that B_B thinks all polls are meaningless

well, I'm still interested in how many of us keep firearms and do or do not belong to the NRA

B_B
07-26-2012, 09:24 PM
what's grey in a black and white world...
what's a journey when the only thing that matters is the start and the end...

Glen Longino
07-26-2012, 09:43 PM

well, I'm still interested in how many of us keep firearms and do or do not belong to the NRA

You understand doodly squat!

botebum
07-26-2012, 10:07 PM
I've been a gun owner and user for over thirty years and have never joined the NRA. As a Boy Scout I earned my Rifle Shooting Merit Badge and received an NRA Marksman certificate in the process. I looked into the NRA then and since and I didn't and don't hold to their ideals or politics.

It is ignorant to assume that all avid shooters/gun owners hold the same political stance as the NRA. I don't. It's obvious to me that Phillip doesn't.

Many of you do your best to pigeonhole Phillip in your own perception of what a gun enthusiast is. Don't let your ignorance stand in the way of the truth. Take advantage of the situation and try to learn something instead of forcing your agenda in an uninformed way that makes you look stupid.

Doug

Garret
07-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Well said Doug

Iceboy
07-27-2012, 07:46 AM
+1.
Well said Doug

Phillip Allen
07-27-2012, 08:02 AM
I've been a gun owner and user for over thirty years and have never joined the NRA. As a Boy Scout I earned my Rifle Shooting Merit Badge and received an NRA Marksman certificate in the process. I looked into the NRA then and since and I didn't and don't hold to their ideals or politics.

It is ignorant to assume that all avid shooters/gun owners hold the same political stance as the NRA. I don't. It's obvious to me that Phillip doesn't.

Many of you do your best to pigeonhole Phillip in your own perception of what a gun enthusiast is. Don't let your ignorance stand in the way of the truth. Take advantage of the situation and try to learn something instead of forcing your agenda in an uninformed way that makes you look stupid.

Doug

Thank-you-Doug! I will always trudge on but it's nice to have a little relief once in a while