PDA

View Full Version : An apolgy re: my modest proposal

BrianY
07-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Bob Adams is right. I am a sick assh*** for suggesting in my "Modest Proposal" that we should incarcerate or kill gun owners as the solution to the gun violence problem. Upon further reflection and consideration, I realize that my proposal is deeply flawed and I was irresponsible for posting it. Thanks, Bob, for setting me straight.

I now realize that there is another option. We don't need to ban guns and we DON'T need to punish gun owners. What we SHOULD DO is penalize the VICTIMS!!! If they weren't around to get in the way of the bullets in the first place, there wouldn't be any gun-related deaths to concern ourselves with! It's SO SIMPLE!

All we need to do is to lock up everyone that is a potential victim of gun violence. I know that this would be a challenge, but perhaps we could simply lock up anyone within reasonable shooting distance of anyone that owns a gun. I imagine that the range would be smaller in dense urban areas because of all of the buildings and other obstructions as compared with a more rural setting. In additon, I would guess that the ratio of handguns to long guns decreases as you get to less urban areas, but that would need some additonal research to verify. I'm no expert on these matters so I'd have to defer to the NRA and/or gun owners to tell us what the practical effective ranges of your average handgun and long gun are under different comditions and in different environments but that should be easy enough to determine. then all we have to do is arrest everyone within that radius that does not carry a gun with them - A.K.A. "potential victims".

Remove the victims and you've eliminated the problem of gun injuries and deaths without infringing on anyone's Second Amendment rights!

Thanks again, Bob, for opening my eyes to the errors of my ways. You've set me on the right path now.

Glen Longino
07-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Love it...er, I mean you're no damn good, Brian!;)

bobbys
07-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Love it...er, I mean you're no damn good, Brian!;).

I accept Glenn's poligizing..:d

2MeterTroll
07-25-2012, 10:05 PM
What we dont get to eat the potential victims? ...... what kind of scam are you running here there's good eating in americans. you split the back and take a thin blade to separate the back strap. slice into 1 inch slices across the grain, lots of good fat on americans as well good soap making.

David G
07-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Ernie,

You're no damn good, too! And that reply was so swift!

bobbys
07-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Ernie,

You're no damn good, too! And that reply was so swift!.

Im giving Ernie the cold shoulder after that one!

Waddie
07-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Actually, there is an answer to the gun problem that could be fairly effective. While there are too many guns out there already to make registration effective, probably enough guns to last another 100 years, there is only about a two week (or so) supply of ammunition. Regulating ammunition sales is totally Constitutional. I don't know how you could regulate DIY reloaders like myself, but most of the mass murderers don't reload.

regards,
Waddie

David G
07-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Actually, there is an answer to the gun problem that could be fairly effective. While there are too many guns out there already to make registration effective, probably enough guns to last another 100 years, there is only about a two week (or so) supply of ammunition. Regulating ammunition sales is totally Constitutional. I don't know how you could regulate DIY reloaders like myself, but most of the mass murderers don't reload.

regards,
Waddie

They likely don't... but probably could if necessary. I mean, heck, Phillip does it. You do it. Even my older brother does it. Can't be much like rocket surgery, eh?

purri
07-26-2012, 03:27 AM
Soap making, hmmmmmmm...

stevebaby
07-26-2012, 07:13 AM
What we dont get to eat the potential victims? ...... what kind of scam are you running here there's good eating in americans. you split the back and take a thin blade to separate the back strap. slice into 1 inch slices across the grain, lots of good fat on americans as well good soap making.It's already here. I think I'd want a dip to go with these...http://buysoylentgreen.com/
and beer.
Nomnomnomnom!

John Smith
07-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Why not just wipe out the entire human race? Problem solved.

Bob Adams
07-26-2012, 07:19 AM
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3000000/Homer-Simpson-homer-simpson-3065114-500-568.gif

skuthorp
07-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Soap making, hmmmmmmm...
Been done before, there's probably a recipe.

ChaseKenyon
07-26-2012, 07:40 AM
What we dont get to eat the potential victims? ...... what kind of scam are you running here there's good eating in americans. you split the back and take a thin blade to separate the back strap. slice into 1 inch slices across the grain, lots of good fat on americans as well good soap making.

Dang good idea Ernie!

I know I have Chuck's preferred recipe for "Long Pig" PNG style around here somewhere.

We could have a big dry land sail festival out your way and draw as many folks as attend the WBS.

ChaseKenyon
07-26-2012, 07:46 AM
on the other hand at the opposite of beach bunnies and dudes (nice coppertone and other flavors, I am partial to Banana Boat myself)

Are those Wasp regilious rite, right wing wing nuts edible?

Prolly have to boil them for 24 hours in tomato juice like with bear.

purri
07-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Goodterseeyerbackmoite!
(despite MW's febrile attempts at character assination)

It's already here. I think I'd want a dip to go with these...http://buysoylentgreen.com/
and beer.
Nomnomnomnom!