PDA

View Full Version : "AccaDacca" thwarts Iran's Nuce' program

Larks
07-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Gotta love a hacker with a sense of humour.......no guesses for who'd be behind it:

IRAN'S nuclear program has been hit by a cyber virus that shut down key computerised functions at two facilities and played music by the rock band AC/DC at loud volumes, according to a report on the the internet security website F-Secure.

The website said on Wednesday that it was informed of the cyber attack by a scientist working at the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran (AEOI), who sent F-Secure an email detailing the breach.
F-Secure had confirmed the email came from within AEOI.
The email said: "Our nuclear program has once again been compromised and attacked by a new worm ... The automation network and Siemens hardware were attacked and shut down. I only know very little about these cyber issues as I am scientist, not a computer expert.
"There was also some music playing randomly on several of the workstations during the middle of the night with the volume maxed out. I believe it was playing Thunderstruck by AC/DC."

Iran's nuclear program has been a frequent target of cyber attacks, which the country's leaders have blamed on Israel and the United States.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RukUetw0hAM

purri
07-25-2012, 11:21 PM
On that note I did a promo gig with the lads for "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap".

Larks
07-25-2012, 11:28 PM
On that note I did a promo gig with the lads for "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap".

That'd probably have been a more apt song for the hackers to use.......unless they've used it elsewhere perhaps

Gerarddm
07-25-2012, 11:38 PM
If this is true, I am glad to see it, as it will help keep Netanyahu from doing something really stupid, that the majority of Israelis don't want.

purri
07-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Probably. BTW I did undercharge for a few in my day...

That'd probably have been a more apt song for the hackers to use.......unless they've used it elsewhere perhaps