PDA

View Full Version : Police Strike?

David W Pratt
07-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Saw Mayor Bloomberg being interviewed by Piers Morgan and re the Colorado shooting, Hizzonor called for police nationwide to strike for more restrictive gun laws.
Since they are public employees, isn't striking illegal?

Waddie
07-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Around here the police rank and file are predominantly gun rights supporters.

regards,
Waddie

BrianW
07-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Saw Mayor Bloomberg being interviewed by Piers Morgan and re the Colorado shooting, Hizzonor called for police nationwide to strike for more restrictive gun laws.
Since they are public employees, isn't striking illegal?

That seems counterproductive, if you're a cop.

Crime is your job.

Remove crime, or even the fear of crime, and they are in the unemployment line.

Kaa
07-24-2012, 01:35 PM
That seems counterproductive, if you're a cop.

Crime is your job.

Remove crime, or even the fear of crime, and they are in the unemployment line.

Ah, don't worry about that, the easy solution to this problem is to make more things illegal. Extensively tested and works very well! :-/

Kaa

Phillip Allen
07-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Ah, don't worry about that, the easy solution to this problem is to make more things illegal. Extensively tested and works very well! :-/

Kaa

yep

2MeterTroll
07-24-2012, 02:47 PM
oh please go on strike and dont come back; I wonder if Obama has the balls of ray-gun?
kick them all off the job and hire new ones.

hanleyclifford
07-24-2012, 03:01 PM
oh please go on strike and dont come back; I wonder if Obama has the balls of ray-gun?
kick them all off the job and hire new ones. Hmmm...seem to remember something like that has happened. Was it Reagan and the air traffic controllers?

2MeterTroll
07-24-2012, 03:09 PM
the very same lets see if obama can end the police state the same way it started.

Hmmm...seem to remember something like that has happened. Was it Reagan and the air traffic controllers?

Kaa
07-24-2012, 03:21 PM
kick them all off the job and hire new ones.

No he doesn't.

Here's a better suggestion: kick most of Homeland Security off the job and DON'T hire new ones.

Kaa

Waddie
07-24-2012, 03:49 PM
You know when the police want a pay raise they employ a tactic called the "blue flu". Seems to be effective.

regards,
Waddie

hanleyclifford
07-24-2012, 03:56 PM
You know when the police want a pay raise they employ a tactic called the "blue flu". Seems to be effective.

regards,
Waddie I'll bet they're really sick in Scranton!

Waddie
07-24-2012, 05:59 PM
I'll bet they're really sick in Scranton!

are you referring to the police or the politicians?

regards,
Waddie

hanleyclifford
07-24-2012, 06:50 PM
are you referring to the police or the politicians?

regards,
Waddie HaHa, good point. I was thinking police, but you're right---could be both!

2MeterTroll
07-25-2012, 05:47 AM
how about both? that would be ideal. get rid of the whole bang and see some logical change for once. Wont happen but i can dream.

No he doesn't.

Here's a better suggestion: kick most of Homeland Security off the job and DON'T hire new ones.

Kaa