PDA

View Full Version : Tell me this isn't a tear jerker

The Bigfella
07-22-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm in Sangkhla Buri... western edge of central Thailand... 10 miles from the border with Burma. On the way back from the border today, I had one of those, what the hell is that moments....

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/igatenby/Thailand/395.jpg

You have to be kidding me....

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/igatenby/Thailand/396.jpg

He wasn't clean, but for a dog around here, he was in reasonable condition.... and his owner was looking out for him

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/igatenby/Thailand/397.jpg

I say "him"... but I didn't really notice... and I can't tell from the thumbnails... but there's bound to be an opinion here.

Yep... that one got me in the throat.

Phillip Allen
07-22-2012, 07:55 AM
nice to know someone cares...

McMike
07-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Wow, that kinda changes my perception of how animals are perceived in that part of the world . . . thanks for posting it!

Ted Hoppe
07-22-2012, 10:15 AM
That old dog is a old service dog/expat from OZ on a decent pension, who enjoys the Thai culture, the open company of young females and like to foray around on two wheels.

Heard he posts from time to time on a adventure bikers forum.

Michael D. Storey
07-22-2012, 10:22 AM
best use for a golf bag cart that I have ever seen

Gerarddm
07-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Considering the culinary part of the world, that is inspiring.

David G
07-22-2012, 11:45 AM
OK... since you insist...

This is not a tear-jerker.

Hope that helps.

Phillip Allen
07-22-2012, 11:52 AM
OK... since you insist...

This is not a tear-jerker.

Hope that helps.

ya know, you don't have to eat the dog all at once :)

bobbys
07-22-2012, 12:02 PM
I cried..

Poor little guy.

Phil Y
07-22-2012, 04:31 PM
I was watching a crappy movie on TV the other day-same sort of set up. Such a crap movie i can't remember what it was called. Bit of a love story, not really a tear jerker though. Cripes though seriously, I see people in wheelchairs around here and i think really? Is it worth it? But a dawg? Give the guy a bullet please.
(Edited to add-see note in a post below)

The Bigfella
07-22-2012, 07:07 PM
I was watching a crappy movie on TV the other day-same sort of set up. Such a crap movie i can't remember what it was called. Bit of a love story, not really a tear jerker though. Cripes though seriously, I see people in wheelchairs around here and i think really? Is it worth it? But a dawg? Give the guy a bullet please.

You're a hard man Phil... but I'll admit to the same thought. In fact I put down our family dog after it was cripplled, 20 years ago..... but this one seemed OK.

bobbys
07-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I was watching a crappy movie on TV the other day-same sort of set up. Such a crap movie i can't remember what it was called. Bit of a love story, not really a tear jerker though. Cripes though seriously, I see people in wheelchairs around here and i think really? Is it worth it? But a dawg? Give the guy a bullet please..

Do not ask me to be a friend on face book.

Not that im particularly upset wit you its just half the people seem to post pics of dawgs and cats and you would chase off the few friends i have..

But hey what about the guy in the Olympics running on boards of some kind?

botebum
07-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Would that be called "Meals on Wheels" in that neck of the woods?

Doug

Peter Malcolm Jardine
07-22-2012, 09:07 PM
I have problems with quality of life issues in cases like this. I am in the unfortunate position of playing God with my pets. I try to look at how they are dealing with their age and health issues. I always hold them in my arms when the needle goes in. I owe them that.

Phil Y
07-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Ooops-not suggesting life isn't worth living for people in wheel chairs generally. But around here (Rural Papua New Guinea) they have it extremely hard. Unbelievably so. I honestly don't know how they do it-in fact i suspect they don't. The conditions would kill them pretty quickly.

MiddleAgesMan
07-22-2012, 10:11 PM
That old dog is a old service dog/expat from OZ on a decent pension, who enjoys the Thai culture, the open company of young females and like to foray around on two wheels.

Heard he posts from time to time on a adventure bikers forum.

Absolutely brilliant post, Mr. Hoppe.

Remember the Brontes.

LeeG
07-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Beasts of the Southern Wild is a tearjerker, yr pic isn't

bobbys
07-22-2012, 10:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Q1fDf0GeY

Glen Longino
07-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Would that be called "Meals on Wheels" in that neck of the woods?

Doug

Dammit! Just when I was about to shed a tear or two you have to show up and ruin it for me, you Horrid Little No Damn Good Hombre!;)

Glen Longino
07-22-2012, 11:41 PM
I cried..

Poor little guy.

Dry those tears, little pard...you can have the brisket!
There, feel better now?
No?
I figgered!;)