PDA

View Full Version : Just read a list of the names of the dead in Colorado.

Paul Pless
07-22-2012, 07:13 AM
I was struck by how many of the dead and the injured were shot as they shielded those that they loved.

Phillip Allen
07-22-2012, 07:44 AM
I was struck by how many of the dead and the injured were shot as they shielded those that they loved.

as amazing as it may seem, and having 'watched' people for decades, I am not surprised

Bob Adams
07-22-2012, 07:52 AM
There is no greater love than to lay down your life for another. I butchered the quote no doubt, but the meaning is there. God bless them and comfort their families.

Hwyl
07-22-2012, 08:38 AM
I guess the mother of the six year old is critically ill and does not yet know her daughter is dead. A poor decision to take a six year old, but not one that should involve death.

Bobby of Tulsa
07-22-2012, 09:51 AM
How bout that dude that left his girl friend and baby to defend for themself. What a jerk.

bobbys
07-22-2012, 12:45 PM
How bout that dude that left his girl friend and baby to defend for themself. What a jerk..

I did not read that, WOW.

Concordia...41
07-22-2012, 02:26 PM
I've thought about what would happen if something like that happened when I was in a movie with one of the grandkids. I genuinely hope that it would be one single instinctive move to put them underneath me.

Obviously, the urge to protect would be there, but then you've got to try to understand what is going on around you and make a decision re: staying put or trying to get out.

I can't imagine the horror. Nor the evi. :(

leikec
07-22-2012, 02:42 PM
I've thought about what would happen if something like that happened when I was in a movie with one of the grandkids. I genuinely hope that it would be one single instinctive move to put them underneath me.

Obviously, the urge to protect would be there, but then you've got to try to understand what is going on around you and make a decision re: staying put or trying to get out.

I can't imagine the horror. Nor the evi. :(

Here's the deal--NOBODY knows for sure how they will react in a situation like this until it happens--and all the preconceived notions about toughness are thrown out the window when such a thing occurs.

Meek, mild mannered, little old ladies are perfectly capable of acting like heroes, and big, tough, macho men are perfectly capable of being paralyzed with fear.

Jeff C

Phillip Allen
07-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Here's the deal--NOBODY knows for sure how they will react in a situation like this until it happens--and all the preconceived notions about toughness are thrown out the window when such a thing occurs.

Meek, mild mannered, little old ladies are perfectly capable of acting like heroes, and big, tough, macho men are perfectly capable of being paralyzed with fear.

Jeff C

agreed

RodSBT
07-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Has anyone heard the term " train how you want to fight so you will fight how you train"?

I'm sure this concept passes over the heads of many here but it has been proven effective.
And you don't have to train like a Seal to get ones head on straight.
Just takes some understanding of reality....and will.

leikec
07-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Has anyone heard the term " train how you want to fight so you will fight how you train"?

I'm sure this concept passes over the heads of many here but it has been proven effective.

I'd much prefer you be competent with a firearm if you insist on carrying one around.

Jeff C

Chris Coose
07-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Too bad this gun toting bastard has created more fear in this country.

Yeah, like I want to train to defend against gun murder going to the movies with my kids. That won't be happening but plenty of others will see a need to carry a firearm all day.

And there are some who like that idea.

LeeG
07-22-2012, 04:17 PM

Right, so you should experience being thrown to the ground or ambushed by multiple attackers to see how effective your firearm skills are.

skuthorp
07-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Just add the names to the already long list, but leave plenty of room for the next ones, they'll be along tomorrow or the next day.

Concordia...41
07-22-2012, 05:29 PM

Jeff C

That's why I said I hope (emphasis added) ...

leikec
07-22-2012, 10:32 PM
That's why I said I hope (emphasis added) ...

I understand completely.

Jeff C

Glen Longino
07-23-2012, 01:01 AM

"Just takes some understanding of reality...and will" .... and some paranoia, neurosis, fear, psychosis, sociopathy, anger, self-righteousness, willful ignorance, ammo and guns!
Go get em, Rod?:DLMAO