PDA

View Full Version : What You Donít Know Canít Heal You

wardd
07-21-2012, 11:26 AM
another krugman

Austin Frakt (http://theincidentaleconomist.com/wordpress/a-few-things-in-the-laborhhs-spending-bill/)
looks at the Republican health legislation, and finds (quoting a report from AcademyHealth) that
[I]t completely eliminates the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (Sec. 227), and prohibits any patient-centered outcomes research (Sec. 217) and all economic research within the National Institutes of Health (Page 57, line 19).

And remember the hatred aimed at comparative effectiveness research.So letís see: the conservative vision is that we can achieve low-cost, quality health care via the magic of the marketplace. This would almost certainly be wrong even under the best conditions. But the actual policy is not just to privatize Medicare and all that, but also to eliminate funding for all research into what actually works.You sometimes hear conservatives saying that the role of government should be limited to the provision of public goods; obviously I donít agree. But it turns out that they hate providing public goods, like research, too.

they don't seem to think they'll ever get sick themselves

bobbys
07-21-2012, 12:01 PM
When you dont know you can keep posting from Huff post and Krugman.

wardd
07-21-2012, 12:02 PM
When you dont know you can keep posting from Huff post and Krugman.

and you know what?

bobbys
07-21-2012, 12:32 PM
and you know what?.

I know i can look at the huff post and krugman by my all little self and do not need to see it here every day.

How about posting some interesting things from your life or your own ramblings.

Sure its a gamble to put yourself out there but is it not more ethical then hiding behind some one else s writings all the time...

wardd
07-21-2012, 12:38 PM

I know i can look at the huff post and krugman by my all little self and do not need to see it here every day.

How about posting some interesting things from your life or your own ramblings.

Sure its a gamble to put yourself out there but is it not more ethical then hiding behind some one else s writings all the time...

what i post is what i agree with, if i don't agree i say so

Michael D. Storey
07-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Well don't we have a chestnut under our saddle tonight