PDA

View Full Version : Kafka never dreamed of this

Kaa
07-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Think the US got too strict with the list of items you can't carry aboard an aircraft? Department of Transportation to the rescue!

Though you may not bring a bottle of water or nail clippers, you *can* bring a pot-bellied pig or a miniature horse aboard the airplane it you can persuade the airline that you depend on the animal for "emotional support".

No, I'm not kidding: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/feds-airlines-must-let-passengers-fly-pigs-emotional-support

Kaa

johnw
07-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Woohoo! Me and the Shetland pony service animal are on our way to the airport!

Keith Wilson
07-09-2012, 08:44 PM
I think they let you take nail clippers now.

And in their defense, (well, not much of a defense, I still think most of the rules are completely idiotic), it's kind of hard to hijack an airplane with a pot-bellied pig.

Waddie
07-09-2012, 09:49 PM
But what if it were a Moslem ninja trained potbellied pig????? Yeah, that's definitely a threat!!!!

regards,
Waddie

George Jung
07-09-2012, 10:06 PM
A muslim pig..... good trick!

PeterSibley
07-09-2012, 11:24 PM
You can't take a copper boat nail on a flight, I tried and failed..... and I did all my hijack training with that nail too.

johnw
07-09-2012, 11:32 PM
They're safe with me, but the pig...well, let's just say, he's a pig on the edge...

Kaa
07-10-2012, 01:16 AM
I think they let you take nail clippers now.

And in their defense, (well, not much of a defense, I still think most of the rules are completely idiotic), it's kind of hard to hijack an airplane with a pot-bellied pig.

They let you take the nail clippers IF and ONLY IF the nail file in the clippers isn't, ahem, sharp :-)

And as long as we're being paranoid, it's not hard to blow up an airplane with a pot-bellied pig if this pot belly had a bunch of Semtex surgically implanted... :-P

Kaa

2MeterTroll
07-10-2012, 01:25 AM
hmm praise be to Allah... as i go to my rightful place in heaven blown to bits, by the explosion of an unclean animal.... seems an awkward line for the pig.

They let you take the nail clippers IF and ONLY IF the nail file in the clippers isn't, ahem, sharp :-)

And as long as we're being paranoid, it's not hard to blow up an airplane with a pot-bellied pig if this pot belly had a bunch of Semtex surgically implanted... :-P

Kaa

skuthorp
07-10-2012, 03:04 AM
From the link: "In June 2011, for example, at Detroit’s McNamera Terminal, the TSA confiscated a 6-inch plastic toy hammer (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7b4_1307850595)from Drew Mandy, a severely mentally handicapped man who carried the toy for security. Mandy, who is 29-years old but has the mental capacity of a 2-year-old, was subject to a thorough pat down by TSA agents, who then threw away the toy after they considered it to be a weapon."

From other threads on the subject it seems that TSA agents aren't the brightest bulbs in the box, and if they came upon someone who was a real threat would they recognise it?

Kaa
07-10-2012, 09:39 AM
From other threads on the subject it seems that TSA agents aren't the brightest bulbs in the box, and if they came upon someone who was a real threat would they recognise it?

Um, you didn't think the TSA is actually useful, did you?

At best they are a waste of resources and a national employment program. At worst think of them as training instructors :-/

Kaa

johnw
07-10-2012, 01:26 PM
It's not security, it's security theater. Their goal is to make us feel safe, not to make us safe, which they seem to regard as impossible.

They need to be seen to do something with the stated goal of security.