PDA

View Full Version : A simple pleasure.

bamamick
07-07-2012, 07:35 PM
My wife and I have been watching 'Downton Abbey', one episode per night, for the last couple of weeks. It is nice to sit together and watch a program like this, something we never, ever seem to have the time to do. Seems like most of our communication these days is via e-mail or over the phone, so for us to sit quietly together however many nights in a row this has been and then talk about the show has been great.

When we first married (30 years ago), Saturday night was reserved for 'This Old House' and 'Sherlock Holmes' (with Jeremy Brett). We spent so many nights curled up together watching her old 13" television (her graduation present from college, and it lasted about 15 years). The other night while we were watching she just looked at me and said 'you know, this is nice'.

It's hard to believe that after all of these years and at our ages we have so little time to spend together. Of course, we have started sailing together again on Sundays, and that's been great fun, but yeah, it has been too long that we have just sat and talked with one another. It's nice.

Mickey Lake

Glen Longino
07-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Whew, that is sweet, Mickey!
I had to read it a few times over again before I could respond.
Thanks!