PDA

View Full Version : Carl, Scot, et al. . .

Paul Pless
07-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Great boat show, as always!

Thanks for all your hard work putting it on.

LongIslandBoy
07-08-2012, 04:56 PM
+1! Can't remember seeing so many of the small boats in Mystic's livery on the water at the same time. Between shifts at the School's booth I took out a couple of rowing craft myself. Thanks for picking up the tab, guys!

Russ Manheimer
07-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Next year on the Porch as the chosen people say. Thanks again for being such fine enablers.

Russ

Concordia...41
07-08-2012, 05:23 PM
"Next year in Mystic"

As the video explains, best to reserve early...

http://youtu.be/yguq_jZ5gnU

Thad
07-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Indeed!

Hwyl
07-08-2012, 07:39 PM
"Next year in Mystic"

As the video explains, best to reserve early...

http://youtu.be/yguq_jZ5gnU

I had not seen that, very funny

J. Dillon
07-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks WB Crew.
:d
JD

nedL
07-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Yes, thank you everyone at W.B. Great show!

Carl Cramer
07-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks to all of you. We couldn't do it without you.

So -- next year: June 28-30.

(Lefty/Margo: got that date marked?)

Concordia...41
07-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Next year: June 28-30.

(Lefty/Margo: got that date marked?)

We do, but the other have of us has his undies in a bit of a wad over your and Scot's no-show...

And you managed to evade me Saturday at the show...

Carl Cramer
07-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Margo, I'd NEVER evade you!

I was in the Family BoatBuilding tent almost the entire show (as chief safety officer and gofer). I did step over to the Skua races on Saturday afternoon.

Lefty, please move your house closer to the Seaport.

Mrleft8
07-12-2012, 09:38 AM
We do, but the other have of us has his undies in a bit of a wad over your and Scot's no-show...

And you managed to evade me Saturday at the show...

Excuse me?!!!! Who was it that had a little "Voodoo Carl" doll hanging in effigy from her rental car rear view mirror?.... Hmmmm? :D ;)

S/V Laura Ellen
07-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Carl, Scott, WBS staff and Mystic Seaport Staff:
Another great show, organized by a great group of people.
The show is one of the highlights of my year.
Thanks

S/V Laura Ellen
07-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Excuse me?!!!! Who was it that had a little "Voodoo Carl" doll hanging in effigy from her rental car rear view mirror?.... Hmmmm? :D ;)
I've felt a stabbing pain in my back since the WBS EBS. What did I do to deserve the wrath of the Voodoo doll?

Or it could be I just pulled a muscle.

Mrleft8
07-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I've felt a stabbing pain in my back since the WBS EBS. What did I do to deserve the wrath of the Voodoo doll?

Or it could be I just pulled a muscle.
Maybe you were in a very low speed car collision, and just don't remember.... For some reason.....

S/V Laura Ellen
07-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Maybe you were in a very low speed car collision, and just don't remember.... For some reason.....

Don't remember... what would the reason be?

Mrleft8
07-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Don't remember... what would the reason be? Great BLOODY Caesars Ghost! Do you think I know everything!?..... Who do you think I am,? Norman Bernstein!!!
I have a very LTD experience with that sort of thing....

Vince Brennan
07-15-2012, 07:05 AM
I have a very LTD experience with that sort of thing....Well, Perry, you should have been driving an Impala.

S/V Laura Ellen
07-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Great BLOODY Caesars Ghost! Do you think I know everything!?..... Who do you think I am,? Norman Bernstein!!!
I have a very LTD experience with that sort of thing....

Very witty!:D

Ian McColgin
07-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Marmalade and I had a great time. We were not exhibitors, just sailed in. It was wonderful. We hung under a cover that funneled what breeze there was and reflected the sun so I made maybe two or three forays about each day and otherwise relaxed on Marmalade in the cool letting the show come to us. So many visitors brought been and/or ice that I could be hospitable to one and all and still end with more commestables than we started.

It's a pricy way to see the show but once every once in a great while it's just so cool. Especially in the after hours time when the Seaport is closed and it's just serious woodenboatheads hanging about.

The show covered the range from the astonishingly prescious guitar (Hey bud, you a boat builder or a luthier?) to composits to very raditional to ultra-yacht (like $25/lb) to simple workboat finish. It's a big community and WoodenBoat is a big enough tent for us all.

Thanks again.