PDA

View Full Version : More Democrat lies

Rum_Pirate
06-05-2012, 10:43 AM
There is a thread 'More Republican Lies' to which there are a number of posts.

I wondered why somebody (whether or not from the other side of the USA political spectrum) has not opened a thread 'More Democrat lies' ?

Is it because :

a) The Democrats never lie or have never lied?

b) there are no Republicans on this forum?

c) The republicans that would post such have been banned by complaints from others on the the other side of the USA political spectrum?

d) Other reason?

David G
06-05-2012, 11:10 AM
I can't speak for the Republicans, because the Republicans are getting further and further from my positions all the time. I'll hazard a guess, though. I'd speculate that they're smart enough to realize that comparing party lies and deliberate party lying strategies (as opposed to simple garden-variety hyperbolic over-reach on a retail level)... would not turn out well for the Republicans.

a) I know for a fact that this is not true.

b) I know by their statements that there ARE Republicans on this forum.

c) Doubtful. Most of the folks who have been banned are not Republicans - but Libertarians. There remain a number of Republicans who could - should they so choose - start such a thread. I've certainly invited them to.

d)What do you think? What's stopping YOU from starting such a thread? Oh... wait... you already did. Will you be following up with it - or was this just a DriveBy?

MiddleAgesMan
06-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Lol :)

Ian McColgin
06-05-2012, 11:23 AM
While one can find some examples of Democratic spin, the partyline of flatout fact free falsehood - like all those Communists in the US Congress - is for the moment a Republican specialty. So when Republicans attempt to spin off something as a Democratic lie they get shot down on the showing that at worst it's spin and is factually defensible, and further that the example is a matter of false equivalency.