PDA

View Full Version : Questions park rangers are asked.

S.V. Airlie
06-02-2012, 10:05 AM
http://www.everyday-wisdom.com/park-rangers.html

Paul Pless
06-02-2012, 10:12 AM
The places where trails do not exist are not marked well.

That's beautiful. . .

Garret
06-02-2012, 10:22 AM
I like "when does the guy who turns Old Faithful on & off get to sleep?" And "The cave would be nicer if you grew grass in here".....

Thanks Jamie.

S.V. Airlie
06-02-2012, 10:26 AM
What gets me is these were in suggestion boxes and one has to think most people are old enough to at least write.

S.V. Airlie
06-02-2012, 10:32 AM
and a few more.
Found a smoldering cigarette left by a horse."
Do we end up in the same place we started?"( well there might be some logic to this one:))
Does the river follow the canyon the whole way down?"
"Need more signs to keep area pristine."
"Trails need to be reconstructed. Please avoid building trails that go uphill."

elf
06-02-2012, 10:39 AM
"What happens to the people who fall of off the dome?"
"How far is Banff from Canada?"
"Can these life jackets get wet?"
"Does the river follow the canyon the whole way down?"

Uh

purri
06-02-2012, 08:33 PM
We have a few these parts.

Phillip Allen
06-02-2012, 08:36 PM
wonder how many vote left or right?

Phillip Allen
06-02-2012, 10:20 PM
I recall you chiding people for wasting energy and having gas guzzling cars, then telling us about getting some taxpayer paid energy upgrades to your home, and then asking the forum about how to get a cheap flight to Europe so you could take photos of sailboat racing.

You sound kinda like those people asking the questions.

why don't you **** over, place your **** between your legs and jump up your Panama canal... (I hid as much as I could, Scot)

fishrswim
06-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Common question in Alaska is "what time do they turn on the northern lights".

Ian McColgin
06-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Regarding #9: I cannot find any relevance in this rather tasteless personal attack to Emily's commenting on her favorites from the OP. It's a shame when a person can't get past his spittle dripping enmity to a bit of community enjoyment.

johnw
06-03-2012, 02:04 AM
I know the answer to this one.

"Is it ok to keep an open bag of bacon on the picnic table, or should I store it in my tent?"

Sir, you are required to wear it as a bow tie at all times.

Peerie Maa
06-03-2012, 05:30 AM
I kinda like "How many gallons of water will this hold?" A good inquiring mind, if no feel for scale. :D

botebum
06-03-2012, 05:49 AM
I recall you chiding people for wasting energy and having gas guzzling cars, then telling us about getting some taxpayer paid energy upgrades to your home because in your words you are "low income", and then asking the forum about how to get a cheap flight to Europe so you could take photos there of sailboat racing.

You sound kinda like those people asking the questions.You are probably the most vile piece of filth to ever inhabit the Forum.
The only fun thing about you is that whenever you go on the attack like this you manage to display a profound ignorance that is truly laughable.

Hey Scot, could you really get mad at me for using the "R" word on this guy? I didn't, but is sure fits.

BTW- My favorite was the one about paving the trails for ease of snow removal:rolleyes:

Doug

Meli
06-03-2012, 05:58 AM
Nah, I reckon "Art for President" he unifies left and right :)

botebum
06-03-2012, 06:05 AM
I sometimes wonder if Scot invented Art to bring the members of the Forum together in a common opinion of at least one issue:D

Doug

PeterSibley
06-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Where can I find Alpine Flamingos?"

That's something I've always wondered too .

stevebaby
06-03-2012, 06:11 AM
why don't you **** over, place your **** between your legs and jump up your Panama canal... (I hid as much as I could, Scot)My sentiments exactly.

Meli
06-03-2012, 06:15 AM
Sadly, I do remember one tourist at the nightly penguin parade (little penguins) arguing with a ranger when he asked her not to use a flash camera as they were night birds.
She said. "Oh for goodness sakes, it only hurts their eyes a little":rolleyes:

David W Pratt
06-03-2012, 11:25 AM
The first time I went to Carlsbad Caverns, in about 1955, they had a Ranger guide your group through. In one big room we all stood still and he turned off the lights, boy was that dark. At the end of the tour was a cafeteria with the guano barrel hanging on the wall. Mrs. White had a little souvenir concession and I met her. There was an elevator to return to the surface. My father had ridden on the barrel when he was a boy.
The second time, in 1973, you just walked on a paved path, no guide, Mrs. White had, of course, passed on by then.

Phillip Allen
06-03-2012, 11:30 AM
The first time I went to Carlsbad Caverns, in about 1955, they had a Ranger guide your group through. In one big room we all stood still and he turned off the lights, boy was that dark. At the end of the tour was a cafeteria with the guano barrel hanging on the wall. Mrs. White had a little souvenir concession and I met her. There was an elevator to return to the surface. My father had ridden on the barrel when he was a boy.
The second time, in 1973, you just walked on a paved path, no guide, Mrs. White had, of course, passed on by then.

did Mrs. White build the caverns by herself?

crawdaddyjim50
06-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I know the answer to this one.

Sir, you are required to wear it as a bow tie at all times.

Got my daily laugh! Thank you John! :D