PDA

View Full Version : Love's Labours Lost

Ian McColgin
05-31-2012, 07:47 PM
So yesterday’s plan was to get Big Red inspected before my root canal but the registration would not run through the computer. Seems I’d forgotten to renew the tag back in March. Amazing that I was not stopped in these months. On top of that I’d neglected a year’s worth of excise taxes, so yesterday was devoted to assembling documents and today to a run-about to two tax offices (current due also) and then the Registry. I must say that each actual stop was briskly, competently and pleasantly handled. Then finally back to the inspection to get that done.

By way of celebration MaryEllen and I had a nice sunset dinner overlooking the Harbor and are now back enjoying Branagh’s marvelous musicalized “Love’s Labours Lost”.

That’s the real point of this thread. I love it when Branagh does anything with Shakespeare but when he goes completely nuts, as here, it’s over the top grand.

Rum_Pirate
05-31-2012, 07:51 PM
Hope your root canal work goes well.

Phillip Allen
05-31-2012, 08:19 PM
So yesterday’s plan was to get Big Red inspected before my root canal but the registration would not run through the computer. Seems I’d forgotten to renew the tag back in March. Amazing that I was not stopped in these months. On top of that I’d neglected a year’s worth of excise taxes, so yesterday was devoted to assembling documents and today to a run-about to two tax offices (current due also) and then the Registry. I must say that each actual stop was briskly, competently and pleasantly handled. Then finally back to the inspection to get that done.

By way of celebration MaryEllen and I had a nice sunset dinner overlooking the Harbor and are now back enjoying Branagh’s marvelous musicalized “Love’s Labours Lost”.

That’s the real point of this thread. I love it when Branagh does anything with Shakespeare but when he goes completely nuts, as here, it’s over the top grand.

the only Branagh-Shakespeare I've seen is Henry V and Hamlet... both were very good and I have a copy of H:V

I didn't know he'd done any other Shakespeare stuff... now I have something to look for, thank you Ian