PDA

View Full Version : Tim the Enchanter It Is Then!

pcford
05-31-2012, 04:53 AM
So glad that's settled.

Syrene to Shilshole today. Then to Orcas tomorrow.
Fly back on Kenmore to attend friend from college days 70th birthday on Saturday.

The old girl is looking good after an excellent paint job and haulout at Jensens'. Hope to have a quick video on that in the next few days.

Here she is a couple years ago:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25409219@N02/4547279834/

Ron Williamson
05-31-2012, 05:32 AM
Which thread was that on?
R

pcford
05-31-2012, 12:53 PM
It was on a thread which had to do with monikers...Someone's feelings must have been hurt and they pushed the panic button.

Trip to Orcas cancelled...southerly winds...Though she is quite comfortable on most wind/sea action...she is quite uncomfortable wind seas on her rear end...

Going to Orcas three weeks from now.

GWB
05-31-2012, 01:13 PM
P-dawg, why did you delete your "reveal all" thread from yesterday? :)

pcford
05-31-2012, 01:20 PM
P-dawg, why did you delete your "reveal all" thread from yesterday? :)

I didn't.

GWB
05-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Hmmmm. Just to be clear I never pushed "the button"

Flying Orca
05-31-2012, 02:31 PM
You keep following pcford around and you won't have to push the button yourself.

GWB
05-31-2012, 02:49 PM
You keep following pcford around and you won't have to push the button yourself.

I'm not following Pat around. I do admit to the odd snipe ... its part of the healing process.

pcford
05-31-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm not following Pat around. I do admit to the odd snipe ... its part of the healing process.

His name is Gary Burton of Brookings, OR. He owns a Westsail

Paul Pless
05-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Syrene to Shilshole today.

Syrene is lovely!

regarding Tim, will he be performing fire magic at the boat show???

GWB
05-31-2012, 03:24 PM

All true.

pcford
05-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Syrene is lovely!

regarding Tim, will he be performing fire magic at the boat show???

She is indeed. In my humble opinion the prettiest hull shape of any big classic boat around here. Crossed the Atlantic in '31. Powered by two Gardner L3s. Cruising RPM about 900. Between the two, fuel consumption 4 gallons per hour. Underway, we say we go on Syrene time, 9 knots...you see a point ahead and you very, very gradually pull abeam. Very comfortable ride. Except, as I mentioned above, when the sea gets under her rear end. A good vibe boat to be sure.

In regards to Tim the Enchanter, I do not know his schedule...he usually is setting up the home built boat show at this time of year. Kyle at the CWB said that Tim is not doing it this year. You might ask when he will be doing his fire show.

James McMullen
05-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Darth Yeadon is needed for a secret mission to the far side of the Galaxy in July. But if anybody wants a Home Built Boat Show this year, they are welcome to call the CWB and set one up.

David G
05-31-2012, 04:01 PM

And to be fair, I have done work for Gary as well. I truly don't know what to make of the whole blowup between Gary and Pat. I know Pat a bit - like him and trust him (just don't tell Pat... I hate it when he gets all full of himself, like he does, yanno). I regard him as a friend. I don't know Gary as well, but the one little project I did for him - we had no problems. He was a perfectly reasonable client, and AFIK, I didn't piss him off too bad. Payment was timely. So... from my perspective... it seems like two fairly reasonable folks who got crosswise. I hate to see it, but I know it happens. I've had some client interactions for the story books. I just hate it when it does happen.

It's probably not worth it to them to attempt some sort of reconciliation effort... so I can only hope that they can ignore each other from here on out.

Yeadon
05-31-2012, 06:24 PM
I just saw this thread. Please note, I am available to mediate disputes. Publicly, of course.

pcford
05-31-2012, 07:18 PM
I just saw this thread.

Please pay attention. You may be left behind

Please note, I am available to mediate disputes. Publicly, of course.

It won't be necessary, Tim the Enchanter, the other party seems to be digging a nice hole for himself. But thanks anyway.

GWB
05-31-2012, 07:35 PM
And to be fair, I have done work for Gary as well. I truly don't know what to make of the whole blowup between Gary and Pat. I know Pat a bit - like him and trust him (just don't tell Pat... I hate it when he gets all full of himself, like he does, yanno). I regard him as a friend. I don't know Gary as well, but the one little project I did for him - we had no problems. He was a perfectly reasonable client, and AFIK, I didn't piss him off too bad. Payment was timely. So... from my perspective... it seems like two fairly reasonable folks who got crosswise. I hate to see it, but I know it happens. I've had some client interactions for the story books. I just hate it when it does happen.

It's probably not worth it to them to attempt some sort of reconciliation effort... so I can only hope that they can ignore each other from here on out.

Hey thanks for the vote of confidence David. I also hate it when this happens, but its a lesson learned and we move on.