PDA

View Full Version : James ******* McMullen

Paul Pless
05-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Debasing himself to post in the Bilge!!! What the Hell???

;):D

Jim Ledger
05-30-2012, 03:36 PM
James Mc*******Mullen rolls off the tongue betterer:D

Rich Jones
05-30-2012, 04:53 PM
James went topside months ago, but I guess he missed the excitement of crawling around in the oily, smelly bilge.
In any case, take it easy, James. Don't let us get your blood pressure up!

Vince Brennan
05-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Look, I get spells of "can't-stand-it-no-more-itis" and go away.... but there is no other forum section which has such a varied, interesting and certifiable assemblage of lunatics, most of which can slpee well, that I've found yet.

It's like a scab you can't stand to pick but you still GOTTA do it!

GOTTA! GOTTA!!!

James McMullen
05-30-2012, 11:39 PM
I know that some a you rats ain't so good at reading comprehension or at understanding nuanced positions, so maybe maybe I'll try an spell it out for ya's one more time:

I never, ever said, "Get rid of the Bilge.". That's a strawman mischaracterization advanced by a few frightened ninnies who don't understand the difference between well-earned criticism and a desire to impose censorship. What I wanted and campaigned for was exactly what I got: a Bilge that anyone who chooses to can wallow in to their heart's content, but one that is an opt-in arrangement, not an unavoidable morass than permeates the entire forum with non-wooden-boat related dross.

Turns out that WB management agrees with me. Ha ha! Neener-neener! I won! Pfffthbbbbb!

So any time I feel like it, I get to descend into the Bilge and share my true feelings about politics or religion or gun control or NASCAR with all y'all, but then when the fit has passed and I've recovered my senses I can leave again and we can all try to pretend that the whole embarrassing incident had never happened. It's the best of all worlds!

Hey, did I mention that my side won? And that WB management is well pleased with the new arrangement?

On another note, I think it's high time we banned that arrogant jerk McMullen for a while just to teach him a lesson. He seems to think that just because his boat, his wife, his dogs and his local cruising grounds are all better mannered and better looking than yours, that he's somehow better too. What a smug bastard!

PS: neener-neener!

skipper68
05-30-2012, 11:49 PM
OK- but clothes are scattered every where here- Send a maid and someone to make breakfast, in the pub tomorrow!;)ROTFL..

Old Dryfoot
05-30-2012, 11:49 PM
Snooty Tern indeed...

:D

skipper68
05-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Rotflmao! :d

tigerregis
05-31-2012, 12:28 AM
Nice to see you,James*******Mcmullen. Please return with shorter pockets and longer arms, the aquasquatters do get the thirst.

James McMullen
05-31-2012, 12:55 AM
PPS: Stuff like this (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?148578-Sailing-with-the-Longboats-at-the-2012-Pacific-Challenge) is how you suck up to and gain influence with the Powers-that-be. Which of your bilge threads do you think Carl and Tom and Scot actually bother to read themseves?

PPPS: Neener-neener-neener! :p

Yeadon
05-31-2012, 01:06 AM
I know that some a you rats ain't so good at reading comprehension or at understanding nuanced positions, so maybe maybe I'll try an spell it out for ya's one more time:

I never, ever said, "Get rid of the Bilge.". That's a strawman mischaracterization advanced by a few frightened ninnies who don't understand the difference between well-earned criticism and a desire to impose censorship. What I wanted and campaigned for was exactly what I got: a Bilge that anyone who chooses to can wallow in to their heart's content, but one that is an opt-in arrangement, not an unavoidable morass than permeates the entire forum with non-wooden-boat related dross.

Turns out that WB management agrees with me. Ha ha! Neener-neener! I won! Pfffthbbbbb!

So any time I feel like it, I get to descend into the Bilge and share my true feelings about politics or religion or gun control or NASCAR with all y'all, but then when the fit has passed and I've recovered my senses I can leave again and we can all try to pretend that the whole embarrassing incident had never happened. It's the best of all worlds!

Hey, did I mention that my side won? And that WB management is well pleased with the new arrangement?

On another note, I think it's high time we banned that arrogant jerk McMullen for a while just to teach him a lesson. He seems to think that just because his boat, his wife, his dogs and his local cruising grounds are all better mannered and better looking than yours, that he's somehow better too. What a smug bastard!

You seem awfully defensive for a guy who thinks he's right.

bobbys
05-31-2012, 01:30 AM

PS: neener-neener!.

Seems your campaigning for BROTM..

With this you are a serious contender!

TomF
05-31-2012, 06:34 AM
It's that unmatched civility and vocab we miss when you stay upstairs.

But that name is too damned long for a bilgerat to type. When you grace us with your neener-neeners, can we just call you by your initials, J.*.?

James McMullen
05-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Civility? Perhaps you misread my intent, Tom. I was aiming for a maledictory jeremiad there. Perhaps you misconstrued my erudite and lilting syntax into being something other than the haughty and dismissive screed that it was, but I assure you that it is nothing other.

For lo, the troubled and roiling waters of the Bilge is but a dark mirror to reflect that seething cauldron of primal hate/lust that lurks within the primitive animal forebrains of even the best of us. Without the Bilge as an outlet, I might be reduced to stomping on wildflowers or pulling the wings off butterflies when overcome by rage at the vicissitudes of the world. But instead, I can visit the Bilge, or even just lurk and read a few posts, and therefore restore that reservoir of contempt and disgust to sustain me through my day.

Now as far as BROTM goes, some of you damn newbies don't seem to remember that I, Rowboat seized the title of BROTM for Life in a glorious and daring coup only a couple of years ago. All these so-called BROTM's since then have been illegitimate pretenders to the throne with no more validity than the Anti-Popes of Avignon of the 14th century. No sir, my allegiance is forever to the One, the glorious Dear Leader who campaigned on the slogan, "You Dirty Rats, Come and Get What You Deserve!". Now that is a motto to live by!

James McMullen
05-31-2012, 08:46 AM
You seem awfully defensive for a guy who thinks he's right.

Oh come on now. I always think I'm right, even if, or maybe even especially if, I'm not.

And let's not conflate defensiveness with simple malice, 'kay?

TomF
05-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Civility? Perhaps you misread my intent, Tom. I was aiming for a maledictory jeremiad there. Perhaps you misconstrued my erudite and lilting syntax into being something other than the haughty and dismissive screed that it was, but I assure you that it is nothing other.

For lo, the troubled and roiling waters of the Bilge is but a dark mirror to reflect that seething cauldron of primal hate/lust that lurks within the primitive animal forebrains of even the best of us. Without the Bilge as an outlet, I might be reduced to stomping on wildflowers or pulling the wings off butterflies when overcome by rage at the vicissitudes of the world. But instead, I can visit the Bilge, or even just lurk and read a few posts, and therefore restore that reservoir of contempt and disgust to sustain me through my day.

Now as far as BROTM goes, some of you damn newbies don't seem to remember that I, Rowboat seized the title of BROTM for Life in a glorious and daring coup only a couple of years ago. All these so-called BROTM's since then have been illegitimate pretenders to the throne with no more validity than the Anti-Popes of Avignon of the 14th century. No sir, my allegiance is forever to the One, the glorious Dear Leader who campaigned on the slogan, "You Dirty Rats, Come and Get What You Deserve!". Now that is a motto to live by!

I'm such a sucker for erudite and lilting syntax, J.*. :D It lifts the basest screed into ... into ... uhm ... well, into something.

It's all very well you stopping in periodically to refill your tank with contempt and rage, but I wish you'd reconsider that BROTM run. Thing is, all our roiling and seething is beginning to meander a bit as our Dear Leader seems to have abandoned us. I Rowboat may be the Once and Future King, but he's a pretty ineffective day-to-day poo-bah ... and we rats are getting restive. This place needs a good Usurper.

Yours in wildflower stomping,

t.

Paul Pless
05-31-2012, 10:35 AM
J.*.:d ....

James McMullen
05-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Well Tom, you convinced me. But I'm not going to wait around for fickle and unreliable democratic process to do the right thing, and nor do I wish to disrespect our Dear Rowboat in any way, so I'm afraid I'm merely going to pull a Cheney and seize power behind the throne as Supreme Chancellor of the Bilge. And as my first act, I hereby declare the Galactic Senate dissolved, so let there be no more rebellion over "electing" a new BROTM to supplant the Eternal President and Dear Leader.

Any questions? Take 'em up with my Sith apprentice, Darth Yeadon. Answers are his department.

Bobcat
05-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Oh come on now. I always think I'm right, even if, or maybe even especially if, I'm not.

And let's not conflate defensiveness with simple malice, 'kay?

Sounds like my eldest brother: often wrong, but never in doubt

TomF
05-31-2012, 03:12 PM
I hear and obey, Lord J.*.

James McMullen
05-31-2012, 03:14 PM
That's the spirit, Bobcat! if I'm going to be wrong, I want to be definitively, categorically and emphatically wrong. No fooling around with half-measures!

bobbys
05-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Well Tom, you convinced me. But I'm not going to wait around for fickle and unreliable democratic process to do the right thing, and nor do I wish to disrespect our Dear Rowboat in any way, so I'm afraid I'm merely going to pull a Cheney and seize power behind the throne as Supreme Chancellor of the Bilge. And as my first act, I hereby declare the Galactic Senate dissolved, so let there be no more rebellion over "electing" a new BROTM to supplant the Eternal President and Dear Leader.

Any questions? Take 'em up with my Sith apprentice, Darth Yeadon. Answers are his department..

My observation is you come down here , Fling some hash, Get insulted when rebuked and then leave in a huff after giving us a lecture. Then you show a pic of you on the water and state your making more good use of your time not like us Miscreants. Then comes the standard lecture on how you own a boat and someone you disagree with must be a landlubber. Even if your adversary owns a boat its not as cool as yours..

And you want to be BROTM?.

You got my vote!

Paul Pless
05-31-2012, 03:22 PM
I didn't get any of J.*'s hash. . .

James McMullen
05-31-2012, 03:27 PM
Bobbys, you finally seem to be getting the picture! The only thing is that I don't just leave in a huff, I flounce out while making as much drama and commotion as possible, just to get more attention. Also, I own way more than just "a" boat, buddy. Get it straight!
Now back onto the roof with you!

James McMullen
05-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Pless, I totally would share my hash with you. And I live right next door to BC, if you know what I mean. You should come out to the PT WB Fest. sometime, and I'll prove it to ya.

bobbys
05-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Bobbys, you finally seem to be getting the picture! The only thing is that I don't just leave in a huff, I flounce out while making as much drama and commotion as possible, just to get more attention. Also, I own way more than just "a" boat, buddy. Get it straight!
Now back onto the roof with you!.

LOL.

Touche,.

http://www.thewildgardener.com/Images/touche.jpg

James McMullen
05-31-2012, 03:40 PM
You should come to the Boat Show in PT also this year, bobbys. I would enjoy insulting and belittling you in person, instead of just over the inter tubes. Then we could cry and make up and I'd let you buy me a beer or seven. It'll be great!

Paul Pless
05-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Pless, I totally would share my hash with you. And I live right next door to BC, if you know what I mean. You should come out to the PT WB Fest. sometime, and I'll prove it to ya.

Do you think you could get me a ride on Big Food?

James McMullen
05-31-2012, 03:45 PM
C'mon, Pless, you know that answering questions is Darth Yeadon's forte, not mine. My role in the bilge is snarky quips and condescending diatribes interspersed with contemptuous ranting.

McMike
05-31-2012, 03:48 PM

Do you hand out towels with your showers pal!!! :d

I agree with you it's a total win, win situation the way it's currently set up.

James McMullen
05-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Okay, I'm off sailing from early tomorrow morning until monday night, so you'll just have to work this out for yourselves until then.

But if you'd like a schedule to help you focus your jealous rage, I'm sailing the yawl Windsong down to PT on the early morning tide. . .

http://inlinethumb01.webshots.com/8704/2758850490088484686S600x600Q85.jpg

. . .then jumping ship for Alcyone for Saturday's racing in the Master Mariner's Regatta. . .

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3056/3053527364_f018ebec07_z.jpg

. . .and then returning to Windsong for Sunday's racing series and the trip back home on Monday.

http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/47671/2029681330105767272S600x600Q85.jpg

So, like, "Later, haters!"

PPPPS: Neener-neener!

bobbys
05-31-2012, 09:55 PM
You should come to the Boat Show in PT also this year, bobbys. I would enjoy insulting and belittling you in person, instead of just over the inter tubes. Then we could cry and make up and I'd let you buy me a beer or seven. It'll be great!.

Now that me and Pdawg are buddies i just may do that!