PDA

View Full Version : Definition of insanity

John Smith
05-04-2012, 06:57 PM
This woman is truly unique. What does it say about those who elected her?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-may-3-2012/free-at-last--free-to-blast

Phillip Allen
05-04-2012, 07:04 PM
there must be more to that story than what we are allowed to see... I hope there is

seanz
05-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Excellent piece of legislation. Should create a lot of LGBT gun-owners.......

John Smith
05-04-2012, 07:58 PM
there must be more to that story than what we are allowed to see... I hope there is

I'd like to think so, but it wouldn't have been a story if she remembered what she voted against. No dout it's edited, but she did ask him not to ask her for examples, then she asked him for examples.

Has anyone, anywhere been fired for owning a gun?

fishrswim
05-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Democracy at work. Laws we don't need and vote down the ones we need. Go Wanda. Woo Hoo. Poster child for the Peter Principle.

Chip-skiff
05-05-2012, 12:35 AM
"Have they went to court?" She actually said that.

I guess idiots have a right to be represented. (Although I tend to think they are over-represented right now.)

Farfalla
05-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Oh that is just so stupid!
I wonder at times if these people are real when I hear stories about the crazy right wing in the States and then up pops such a great example!
Where's Donn and those other guys to come along and champion her, explain how she was so badly misrepresented?
We have some stupid politicians but mostly they are just greedy and selfseving. These sort of wackos are dangerous because they actually seem to represent a real constituency!
Scary!

Glen Longino
05-05-2012, 02:31 AM

Heheh!
I'm afraid that's all there is to that story, Phillip!
Sad, ain't it?;)

Meli
05-05-2012, 08:21 AM
It says"this video is unavailable to your location" What are you hiding:D

Phillip Allen
05-05-2012, 08:27 AM
I'd like to think so, but it wouldn't have been a story if she remembered what she voted against. No dout it's edited, but she did ask him not to ask her for examples, then she asked him for examples.

Has anyone, anywhere been fired for owning a gun?

I don't know... but the law of averages suggests that someone has... people have been fired for lots of nonsensical reasons over the years. I think it would be short-sighted to say, absolutely, that it has never happened.

no doubt someone has been fired for being a fan of the wrong football team... I'm pretty sure that leglislation against that would be a waste of paper and time

John Smith
05-05-2012, 09:03 AM
I don't know... but the law of averages suggests that someone has... people have been fired for lots of nonsensical reasons over the years. I think it would be short-sighted to say, absolutely, that it has never happened.

no doubt someone has been fired for being a fan of the wrong football team... I'm pretty sure that leglislation against that would be a waste of paper and time
The point is that she can'tpoint to anyone fired for owning a gun. Many have been fired for being homosexual, and she voted against a law that would prohibit that, but doesn't remember doing so.

Fodder for another thread, but I think the employer should need a cause for firing anyone.

For those who can't get the video, and I have a friend in California who can't get Daily Show videos, this is an elected representatibve who introduced a law prohiting anyone from being fired for owning a gun. It passed by a wide margin. She was asked for some examples of people getting fired forowning a gun and asked not to go into examples. When she was asked if she's support a law prohibiting firing someone for being gay, she asked for examples. She was given a long list, but would not committ as to how she'd vote for such a law. It seemed she had recently voted against such a law, but had no recollection such a law had ever been introduced.

tigerregis
05-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Meli, members of the Commonwealth have these programmes sold to local networks and the originator can't air it in any form. If you get the Daily Show in Oz, it should available on their web site. We in Canada are in the same boat.

Meli
05-05-2012, 09:49 AM
OK, I found her, Wanda Brown, right?
another Republican Blonde.
Anyone suggested artificial intelligence yet?
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/12284920/Brown_Rice_Hair_Care_Product_Hair_Conditioner.jpg

Curtism
05-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Once again, Meli gets right to the root of the matter.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3imhuDYQY1qztsh3o1_400.jpg

fishrswim
05-06-2012, 11:37 PM
I have a theory about why people as dumb as Wanda and GW etc., get elected. It's because they are easily manipulated by those with an agenda, money to spend, and no scruples about subverting the democratic process.

John Smith
05-07-2012, 06:13 AM
I have a theory about why people as dumb as Wanda and GW etc., get elected. It's because they are easily manipulated by those with an agenda, money to spend, and no scruples about subverting the democratic process.
Good Theory. Maybe that's why the "establishment" wants Romney.