PDA

View Full Version : Travel plans

Shang
04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Am I the only over-organized, paranoid traveler who makes detailed lists, and carefully planned schedules that would have brought success to Hannibal’s crossing of the Alps?

“10:46 AM, Depart Big City Airport (BCA) on Grey Goose Airline’s Flight number 9877,
Seats K9 and K10 (two rows from exit seating), Ticket numbers 50992 & 50993, Reservation number 99325.

Vegetarian (not vegan) in-flight meal requested.
(DO NOT order seafood since it is hot tuna!)

4:46 PM, Arrive London Gatwick, LGW
(DO NOT write LGG since that is Leigh, Belgium.}

Luggage carousel number 3.
Black canvas bag with yellow tape on handle …

Change money only at ATM’s, not at Change Bureaus…
Etc….etc…etc…”

In my whole life I have only missed one travel connection. That was when I showed up at 3:00 o’clock for Pan Am Flight Two instead of at 2:00 o’clock for Pan Am Flight number Three…

Mrleft8
04-28-2012, 08:10 PM
No.
Carter does that, plus she also keeps a list of what actually happens to check against what was supposed to happen.
Travelling with Carter can be both a very good experience (Because she has so much familiarity with airports and travel etc.) and completely nerve wracking (Because she gets horrible nic-fits and doesn't handle the travelling public, which she calls idiot turtles, well).
But, it does make good material for story telling! :D

Milo Christensen
04-28-2012, 08:11 PM
No plans to return, I hope.

Shang
04-28-2012, 08:23 PM
No plans to return, I hope.

OH DAMN! I knew we took a left turn at Carcassonne!

(Serusly, Milo, how are you doing? We've been worried about you, and who else could we tease so well without you?)

BrianW
04-28-2012, 08:25 PM
No, not that detailed. At most, I'll print out an itinerary or two.

Trying to make such detailed plans in the middle-east is a waste of time. So is considering forming a proper cue, unless highly supervised by underpaid non-resident workers.

Going to the Olympics?

Canoeyawl
04-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Hot Tuna...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mjfhsLuOEWI

elf
04-28-2012, 09:54 PM
No, not that detailed. At most, I'll print out an itinerary or two.

Trying to make such detailed plans in the middle-east is a waste of time. So is considering forming a proper cue, unless highly supervised by underpaid non-resident workers.

Going to the Olympics?
The word is queue.

Shang
04-28-2012, 10:10 PM
No, not that detailed. At most, I'll print out an itinerary or two...Going to the Olympics?

No, couldn't stand it.
Planning to go to the farthest of the Bermudian triangle instead.

I'm old enough to have gone to the Berlin Olympics in 1939, but I didn't get there too. Well, damn.

S.V. Airlie
04-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Do not consider that detailed. I list, flight to a destination, time airline etc. The flight back with the same information. In the past, I walk my bike to the exit, hold up my finger to get the direction of the wind, check for rain, and poof. Gone. Don't care were I am going really, don't care where I sleep, (hence sleeping bag, tent, and stove). Might go south, maybe north. Might head east or west, doesn't matter I like surprises. Woke up slightly hung over after trying to out drink a bus load of Aussies one night. Not a good idea.:) Found myself in Spain at the end of the day. Was heading for Italy. No biggie.

Peerie Maa
04-29-2012, 05:31 AM
So were are you going, staying in the UK or just a stopover for Europe?

purri
04-29-2012, 06:59 AM
I make a print itinerary and lay out clothes and an "emergency dislocation from big luggage" and digi essentials pack and ID,tickets etc in another 2 days before. Then double check the night before. Works for me (basic mil PPPPPP).

Donn
04-29-2012, 07:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP2jC_kAkfU