PDA

View Full Version : Are you a happy worker?

goodbasil
04-28-2012, 01:16 PM
http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/insight/canadian-workers-among-world-happiest-180454363.html

According to this, we are some of the happy ones.

As for me, except for the management, the union, the wages, the hours, the pay and the time off, it's not a bad job.

( To tell the truth, I don't like any type of work.)

Peerie Maa
04-28-2012, 03:59 PM
I tried to get to the original report. The companies website is not easy to use, so no success yet. It would be interesting to see how the UK fared.

Meli
04-28-2012, 05:16 PM
I love my job, I'd often rather be there than at home watching the weeds grow :D

JBreeze
04-28-2012, 08:37 PM
As a colleague once said to me "I love my job in Human Resources....except for the 'Human' part...."

David G
04-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Being self-employed... I generally like my job (or I wouldn't do it). Right now I've got more work than I can do (while I slowly ramp back up from the bout with cancer), but the main worry is not difficult clients, not inflation, not suppliers, not rent increases, not machinery breakdowns at inopportune times, not taxes or government regulation or anything like that. Instead, it's the sense - esp. over the last 2 to 3 years - of the fragility of the market, and of my customer base. The quantity of work has definitely slowed down over the last few years, as the economy continues to bump along in 'barely recovering' mode.

But even looking back to when I've worked for others, I'm generally a happy worker (with a few notable and easily diagnosable exceptions).

Mrleft8
04-29-2012, 08:42 AM
I've always been a happy worker. It's when I'm not working that I'm a cranky, arrogant, abusive bastard.

2MeterTroll
04-29-2012, 08:48 AM
hmm ya mostly happy when i am working for someone else; totally happy when working for myself, generally happy anyways.
Comes from being a sailor I think.

genglandoh
04-30-2012, 06:28 AM
Yes I am a happy worker even when I am doing jobs I do not like.

I was a manager before but a few years ago I decided to demote myself (long story) and just be a project engineer again.
It was the best thing in the world for me.

So because I understand some of the pressure my boss has (making numbers) when he askes me to do something my response is no problem.

B_B
04-30-2012, 08:54 AM
I tried to get to the original report. The companies website is not easy to use, so no success yet. It would be interesting to see how the UK fared.
first report I think:
http://www.randstad.com/press-room/research-reports

Todd D
04-30-2012, 09:06 AM
In general I like what I doo, but over the last couple of years I have had much more work than I like. Consequently I am feeling stressed, particularly when it comes to taking time to do things other than work. I am seriously considering closing the business down to free up time for other things I would prefer to do. I have never been willing to continue working at a job that wasn't at the top of my list of things I wanted to do.