PDA

View Full Version : The contrary winds of politics

Rich Jones
04-27-2012, 02:04 PM
While watching MSNBC (due to blood pressure problems, I never watch Fox:D), they often have a live shot of the Capital Building in the background. There are several flags on the roof adjacent to the dome and you would think that they'd all blow in one direction. But, no, this is Washington D.C.! Sometimes you'll see one blowing to the right while another is blowing to the left. Even the wind in Washington can't agree!
Now, as a sailor, I realize that this is due to the wind eddies created by the dome. But, it is amusing to watch the wind blow in two different directions in the backround as the pundits pound away at each other.
No real substance to this thread. Just a funny little phenomenon.

Hopefully on Election Day, there will be more flags blowing to the left then the right!

Ian McColgin
04-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Good reflection. It's a little bit like life . . .

Curtism
04-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Interesting observation there. It's funny the things you notice when a show is so boring or repedative that you resort to watching the videoed background.

I've noticed when you take the flags out of their mounts and get them back to their home states, well away from the eddy's of that domed structure, they tend to flap whichever way the wind is blowing.

purri
04-28-2012, 05:46 AM
^too subtle by far...

skuthorp
04-28-2012, 06:32 AM
When occasionally I attend a film I am nearly always more engaged with the background than the subject. It becomes a bit frustrating when the scene changes though.

Rich Jones
04-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Chris Matthews always has a live shot of the White House in the backround on his show. I like to watch the snipers walking around on the roof.
One day, there was a couple of guys who had just brought a piano out the front door of the White House and were pushing it off somewhere. seemed like an odd sight. Hopefully, Obama didn't take Romney seriously and is packing already!

Canoeyawl
04-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Hopefully, Obama didn't take Romney seriously and is packing already!
How can anyone take Romney seriously?