PDA

View Full Version : George Zimmerman lied to the court

Tom Montgomery
04-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Zimmerman evidently lied to his attorney as well.

At his bond hearing, Zimmerman's attorney told the judge that his client was nearly indigent. The judge set bail at $150,000, 10% of which had to be posted in cash to gain his release from jail. Zimmerman's attorney now says he learned just Wednesday that his client has collected over $200,000 in cash donations via the Internet. He says he will reveal this new info to the court in a hearing today.

The Martin family attorney says Zimmerman's lie should result in him being returned to jail. (http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/27/justice/florida-zimmerman-money/?hpt=us_c2)

Dan McCosh
04-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Sounds like he's running for office.

S.V. Airlie
04-27-2012, 09:18 AM
So, what are you looking for here, a discussion, some questions some might have regarding this 200,000 bucks and the receipt for when he received the money..at the hearing or more recently? Never mind, forget it.

htom
04-27-2012, 12:09 PM
I still think that Zimmerman should demand that the Black Panthers pay him the reward; he turned himself in, and that should qualify him for the million dollars (or whatever it was) that was to be paid for the person responsible for turning him into the cops.

David G
04-27-2012, 12:46 PM
I still think that Zimmerman should demand that the Black Panthers pay him the reward; he turned himself in, and that should qualify him for the million dollars (or whatever it was) that was to be paid for the person responsible for turning him into the cops.

I certainly would!

Uncle Duke
04-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Like the Taliban guy who turned himself in and then demanded the $100 reward?

The Afghan insurgent [Mohammad Ashan] , suspected of plotting two IED attacks against local security forces, turned himself in last week — to collect a $100 reward for his arrest, authorities said.

Ashan was immediately taken into custody after surrendering at a police checkpoint in the Paktika province while clutching a wanted poster bearing his bearded face, The Washington Post reported.

It was one of hundreds of posters distributed by authorities hunting Ashan and offering the $100 payoff, and Ashan wasted no time in demanding his C-note.

He didn't get the reward. Bet he's bummed.....

Curtism
04-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Demanding the reward money is a pretty good idea. I'm pretty sure it was $10,000 by the way, nothing to sneeze at.

On the internet donations like that though, I wonder how they figure taxes. It's not like PAC that falls under FEC guidlines, since he's not running for any office. If you win $200 K in a lotto or sweepstakes they tax it at 33%. Maybe there's a gift tax or something?

Mrleft8
04-27-2012, 12:59 PM
I think the "bounty" offered by "The New Black Panthers" was $10,000...
But the amazing part of this story is that anyone's surprised that he lied in court.... Does anyone really think that Zimmerman's going to tell the whole, unadulterated truth about this incident? Of course not. He's going to try to make himself out to be a misunderstood altruistic do gooder, and that's all anyone expects of him.

S.V. Airlie
04-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Doug..When he was in court, had he received the donations already or did the donations he received come after the bail hearing.Might be something to think about if you care to.Second point, one's lawyer wouldn't say that a guy was lying and still be the guy's lawyer. If that is the case, the entire concept of lawyer client confidentiality would die a rapid death. Certainly the lawyer wouldn't be trusted.

Curtism
04-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Doug..When he was in court, had he received the donations already or did the donations he received come after the bail hearing.Might be something to think about if you care to.

You're suggesting he raised $200k from last Friday to this Wednesday, 5 days?

S.V. Airlie
04-27-2012, 01:11 PM
You're suggesting he raised $200k from last Friday to this Wednesday, 5 days?You are saying it isn't possible?A few who believe in him and are rich, may have sent $50,000. each for all I know.o

Curtism
04-27-2012, 01:20 PM
You are saying it isn't possible?A few who believe in him and are rich, may have sent $50,000. each for all I know.o

Anything's possible, I'm just questioning the likelyhood.

In any case there's a hearing today and he'll probably have to answer the questions himself, or his attorney will. So, we'll see soon enough, eh?

Mrleft8
04-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Doug..When he was in court, had he received the donations already or did the donations he received come after the bail hearing.Might be something to think about if you care to.Second point, one's lawyer wouldn't say that a guy was lying and still be the guy's lawyer. If that is the case, the entire concept of lawyer client confidentiality would die a rapid death. Certainly the lawyer wouldn't be trusted.
LOL! :D..... And do you know any lawyers that can be trusted?...... I don't, and some of them are good friends.... I still wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them if I thought they had something to gain from me....

Phillip Allen
04-27-2012, 01:22 PM
bone pickers

S.V. Airlie
04-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Someone going to trial has to trust someone.I would think a lawyer representing me is as good as it gets.

Tom Montgomery
04-27-2012, 01:26 PM

If you follow the link I posted and read the entire story...

Zimmerman's lawyer says that he (the attorney himself) did not mislead the court because he was not aware, at the time of the bail hearing, his client had access to all that cash.

If I were the attorney I would seriously consider recusing myself and let Zimmerman find another lawyer. If I am the attorney and I discover my client is not truthful with me I walk.

wardd
04-27-2012, 01:30 PM
i can see his defense , he can't get a fair trial because no lawyer will defend him

Tom Montgomery
04-27-2012, 01:33 PM
He's gone through a couple already, IIRC.

S.V. Airlie
04-27-2012, 01:37 PM
It was not the place for a lawyer to say anything.You mentioned that Zimmerman in your opening thread that zimmerman lied about the money. I agree, if he was my lawyer, he'd be out..pronto.If it appears to have become public knowledge especially. I don't think it is right to blurt out that Zimmerman lied on the threads unless the court decides that he did. Your second sentence is correct..the court decides and not someone jumping the gun. borders on yellow journalism to me.I did not read the link for one reason; Martin's attorney says Zimmerman lied. I read that and thought, of course the Martin's attorney would say Zimmerman lied..DUH!.. I now have read it.I'll wait for the judge to decide..

Mrleft8
04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
What?

Bobcat
04-27-2012, 03:01 PM
If you follow the link I posted and read the entire story...

Zimmerman's lawyer says that he (the attorney himself) did not mislead the court because he was not aware, at the time of the bail hearing, his client had access to all that cash.

If I were the attorney I would seriously consider recusing myself and let Zimmerman find another lawyer. If I am the attorney and I discover my client is not truthful with me I walk.

Agreed, but I wonder if the lawyer thought to ask about donations. It seems when the issue is making bail, and the client neglects to mention $200,000, instead pleading or allowing the lawyer to plead poverty, Zimmerman has --- as we say in the business--- "credibility issues."

I suspect that there will be a change of attorneys soon. Unless the current lawyer is seduced by the lime light

S.V. Airlie
04-27-2012, 03:06 PM
What?Doug..you should send this to bobbys on his thread about "what I have learned about debating in the bilge." bobbys seems to have missed ours in the list.What did Hearst say about the Spanish-American war? Something about "you supply the pictures, I'll supply the war". it's almost the same here.We have a judge who will determine whether zimmerman is guilty or not. It is not up to the journalist to say zimmerman is lying. And to top this off, have the lawyer for martin to say zimmerman lied at the hearing. If the judge comes out saying not guilty, some people will and should have some egg on their faces.This type of news is only written to cause a splash and hopefully a division between those who read it..

Peerie Maa
04-27-2012, 03:37 PM
The one time I did jury duty, the defence lawyer caught the defendant and his family out in a perjury. Lawyers here, and I suspect in the States in effect swear an oath not to be complicit in dishonest testimony.

S.V. Airlie
04-27-2012, 03:47 PM
If he asks the question about the money personally by the judge in court. He would have to answer truthfully..I agree. Giving the information out outside of the courtroom and not under oath is another matter.Can we just wait for the judge to make a determination? Can we just skip the guessing, the inuendos,and the finger pointing until then?Is that possible?Above all, stop writing headlines that haven't been determined to be true. If you do, at least use "alleged" somewhere..

Peerie Maa
04-27-2012, 03:55 PM
If he asks the question about the money personally by the judge in court. He would have to answer truthfully..I agree. Giving the information out outside of the courtroom and not under oath is another matter.Can we just wait for the judge to make a determination? Can we just skip the guessing, the inuendos,and the finger pointing until then?Is that possible?
Is that aimed at me Jamie. I'm just pointing out that lawyers are obliged to abide by certain ethical standards, whose implications you seem not to be aware of.

Bobcat
04-27-2012, 04:03 PM
The one time I did jury duty, the defence lawyer caught the defendant and his family out in a perjury. Lawyers here, and I suspect in the States in effect swear an oath not to be complicit in dishonest testimony.

That is correct: you cannot knowingly put on false testimony. There is a conflict between that ethical duty of the lawyer and the right of a criminal accused to testify in his or her own behalf. So often happens is this: The defense attorney tells the court that defendant will testify, but does not ask any questions. The defendant gives a narrative from the witness stand without his lawyer's help. Everyone, but the jury, knows what's going on. The prosecution then cross examines and usually reveals the lies.

John Smith
04-27-2012, 04:58 PM
the more pertinent question is whether he knew money was being raised. In order to send money, a specific place needed to be in place to receive it, and I very much doubt he was not aware of the efforts being made.

My question is why would people send him money for his defense?

htom
04-27-2012, 04:59 PM
When did Zimmerman put up the PayPal link (oh, wait, DID Zimmerman put up the link?), when were the times that he checked the account balance?

Phillip Allen
04-27-2012, 05:32 PM
the best I can make out is that some here want Z to pay more to be bonded out and that's all this is about

Bobcat
04-27-2012, 05:35 PM
the best I can make out is that some here want Z to pay more to be bonded out and that's all this is about

Then you have completely missed the point.

You can't tell the court that you have no money when in fact you do.

S.V. Airlie
04-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Is that aimed at me Jamie. I'm just pointing out that lawyers are obliged to abide by certain ethical standards, whose implications you seem not to be aware of.It's not addressed to anyone specifically.And I think I spoke about obligations by lawyers already.

Phillip Allen
04-27-2012, 05:44 PM

(sigh) that defense fund is just that, a special fund and not his to play with...Z cannot use it on anything else. if he has little or no money beyond the defense fund then he could honestly say just that... spending by the judge to deminish Z's defense would be wrong don't you think?

Donn
04-27-2012, 05:54 PM
(sigh) that defense fund is just that, a special fund and not his to play with...Z cannot use it on anything else. if he has little or no money beyond the defense fund then he could honestly say just that... spending by the judge to deminish[sic] Z's defense would be wrong don't you think?

Really? This CNN story (http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/27/justice/florida-zimmerman-money/index.html) says he's already spent over $50,000 of it on "living expenses."

S.V. Airlie
04-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Phillip just forget it. In the world of horses, there is a term "they have the bit in their teeth" and their minds are made up.

S.V. Airlie
04-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Phillip just forget it. In the world of horses, there is a term "they have the bits in their teeth" and their minds are made up.

Phillip Allen
04-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Really? This CNN story (http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/27/justice/florida-zimmerman-money/index.html) says he's already spent over $50,000 of it on "living expenses."

I didn't read that CNN story...it dosen't chang my point, however but it does look black for Z...that money (were it me instead of Z) would be untouchable except for direct defense costs

Donn
04-27-2012, 06:01 PM
I didn't read that CNN story...it dosen't chang my point, however but it does look black for Z...that money (were it me instead of Z) would be untouchable except for direct defense costs

So basically, you have no real idea what the money can or has been used for...right?

Bobcat
04-27-2012, 06:02 PM
(sigh) that defense fund is just that, a special fund and not his to play with...Z cannot use it on anything else. if he has little or no money beyond the defense fund then he could honestly say just that... spending by the judge to deminish Z's defense would be wrong don't you think?

The CNN article that Donn posted stated that $5000 from the fund went to pay his bail. So you're incorrect when you say the defense can't be used (sigh)

htom
04-27-2012, 06:23 PM

Of course you can. If you don't know you have money, you can even do so honestly. And the courts can even accept that as a valid reason for not lying and saying you have money when you think you don't.

What is it about this case that has normally sensible people losing their minds?

Bobcat
04-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Of course you can. If you don't know you have money, you can even do so honestly. And the courts can even accept that as a valid reason for not lying and saying you have money when you think you don't.

What is it about this case that has normally sensible people losing their minds?

You're absolutely right of course: if you don't know you have money, when you really do, it's not dishonest to say you have no money. I assume -- and I could be wrong-- that Zimmerman knew of the donations, but kept quiet.

For the records, I don't think I am losing my mind

Again, I could be wrong

Phillip Allen
04-27-2012, 06:28 PM

the answer is... emotional overload

B_B
04-27-2012, 07:05 PM

Just FYI, he knew about the money in the account because it was used to pay his bail.
What's not in question in this case, is that normally insensible people,having no mind to lose, still feel the need to be contrarian.

About $5,000 from the website contribution was used in making bond, O'Mara said. The rest came from a loan secured by a family home.

MiddleAgesMan
04-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Phillip just forget it. In the world of horses, there is a term "they have the bits in their teeth" and their minds are made up.

You can say that again.

Oh, wait. You just did.

BrianW
04-27-2012, 07:58 PM
So what is the point of Zimmerman needing to be indigent in order to make bail?

Rich or poor, whether or nor someone is released on bail is about fleeing risks, not how much money is in their bank account.

What's important in this case, is that in the end, a judgement is made, and the families involved are about to have closure.

B_B
04-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Rich or poor, whether or nor someone is released on bail is about fleeing risks, not how much money is in their bank account.

Exactly.

If Zimmerman had declared he had an additional $200,000 in cash available to him the judge may have had different thoughts regarding his flight risk.

When you're asked about your assets in court, it's best to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Phillip Allen
04-27-2012, 08:11 PM
then I guess the proof is in the putting... rather... the staying put

B_B
04-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Some proof is in the lie, too.

Phillip Allen
04-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Some proof is in the lie, too.

what lie?

B_B
04-27-2012, 08:29 PM
what lie?
Read the thread from the top.

John of Phoenix
04-27-2012, 08:33 PM
what lie?Tell us again about how you think.

htom
04-27-2012, 09:24 PM
It doesn't make a lot of financial sense to mortgage the family home for $10k to pay a bondsman when you know you've got $200k in a PayPal account. Why not take the $15k from the PayPal account, instead of $5k? Perhaps when bail was set the account had little or nothing, it grew to (say) $6k when it was time to pay the bondsman, and has now grown to $200K? The opening story is very sloppy on the timeline.

David G
04-27-2012, 09:29 PM
It doesn't make a lot of financial sense to mortgage the family home for $10k to pay a bondsman when you know you've got $200k in a PayPal account. Why not take the $15k from the PayPal account, instead of $5k? Perhaps when bail was set the account had little or nothing, it grew to (say) $6k when it was time to pay the bondsman, and has now grown to $200K? The opening story is very sloppy on the timeline.

Just so. As is often the case, we have too little firm info to render a judgement... but we strain to fill in the gaps in ways to fit our worldviews. I, for instance, am inclined to credit the notion that Z lied. But I REALLY don't know for sure yet.

B_B
04-27-2012, 09:35 PM
I, for instance, am inclined to credit the notion that Z lied. But I REALLY don't know for sure yet.
Sure you do. He did not tell the judge about the paypal account. He did not tell his lawyer about the paypal account so his lawyer could tell the judge.

If there was $5,000 or $5million in the paypal account is irrelevant. When you are asked what assets are in your control and you forget to mention you'd just started an internet begging site which had garnered at least $5,000 in donations, then you've lied.

The only question to be decided, by a judge, is whether this lie was omission or commission.

David G
04-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Sure you do. He did not tell the judge about the paypal account. He did not tell his lawyer about the paypal account so his lawyer could tell the judge.

If there was $5,000 or $5million in the paypal account is irrelevant. When you are asked what assets are in your control and you forget to mention you'd just started an internet begging site which had garnered at least $5,000 in donations, then you've lied.

The only question to be decided, by a judge, is whether this lie was omission or commission.

Nope. Too quick. Too many gaps. Too much unconfirmed rumor. In the end... you may be right. As I said... it wouldn't surprise me. But the reed is far too frail yet to lean so confidently upon it.

B_B
04-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Nope. Too quick. Too many gaps. Too much unconfirmed rumor. In the end... you may be right. As I said... it wouldn't surprise me. But the reed is far too frail yet to lean so confidently upon it.
Zimmerman's own lawyer says Zimmerman did not disclose the paypal account to him or the judge during the bail hearing.
Zimmerman took money from the account to pay some of his bail.

That you think this is 'unconfirmed rumor' is something I cannot help you with.

Zimmerman collected about $204,000 in donations through the website, but did not disclose the contributions during his bond hearing last week, according to his attorney, Mark O'Mara.

About $5,000 from the website contribution was used in making bond, O'Mara said.

The above are quoted from a story linked to by Donn earlier in this thread.

David G
04-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Zimmerman's own lawyer says Zimmerman did not disclose the paypal account to him or the judge during the bail hearing.
Zimmerman took money from the account to pay some of his bail.

That you think this is 'unconfirmed rumor' is something I cannot help you with.

The above are quoted from a story linked to by Donn earlier in this thread.

Granted. There was that story.

And yet... there are inconsistencies still.

I'm simply not inclined to form even a tentative judgement until the dust settles a bit more. YMMV

B_B
04-27-2012, 10:51 PM
there are inconsistencies still.
What is inconsistent with the two facts as presented by Zimmerman's attorney?

Phillip Allen
04-28-2012, 06:49 AM

I thought of that pretty quick... I also suspect the ones yelling liar did too

I imagine Z's life is pretty muddled right now and it's hard to think through all the stimuli coming at him... much easier for the hate mongers to set back and calmly call out "liar"

Mrleft8
04-28-2012, 06:58 AM
I gotta say that if I was essentially indigent, and suddenly I had a paypal acct. with $6K-$200K in it, I would remember it if someone asked me what my assets were....

Phillip Allen
04-28-2012, 06:59 AM
I gotta say that if I was essentially indigent, and suddenly I had a paypal acct. with $6K-$200K in it, I would remember it if someone asked me what my assets were....

I'm not so sure, Doug. It would (for a while) not seem real... it would take some getting used to

note that the same posters trying to defame Z now are the ones wanting him lynched some weeks ago... if itwalks like a duck, etc

Mrleft8
04-28-2012, 07:38 AM
I'd say that Zimmerman is the one who's walking like a duck......

Phillip Allen
04-28-2012, 08:02 AM
I'd say that Zimmerman is the one who's walking like a duck......

I'm willing to wait and see

S.V. Airlie
04-28-2012, 08:56 AM
On CNN, one of the media groups you have vetted as being acceptable by the libs. A lawyer commented on the fact that bail was made/set for various reasons which do not necessarily relate to the bail amount. Flight risk comes to mind.The chance of Harming others and/or harming himself, or being killed by someone else also come to mind. Being indigent or not, it's not the entire reason that bail was set at 150,000.

Mrleft8
04-28-2012, 09:16 AM
What?

Mrleft8
04-28-2012, 09:18 AM
On CNN, one of the media groups you have vetted as being acceptable by the libs. A lawyer commented on the fact that bail was made/set for various reasons which do not necessarily relate to the bail amount. Flight risk comes to mind.The chance of Harming others and/or harming himself, or being killed by someone else also come to mind. Being indigent or not, it's not the entire reason that bail was set at 150,000.
At least make an effort to make sense Jamie..... It's way too early in the day to try to unravel your pretzel logic.

wardd
04-28-2012, 09:51 AM
At least make an effort to make sense Jamie..... It's way too early in the day to try to unravel your pretzel logic.

it's way too early to ask him to make sense

wardd
04-28-2012, 09:55 AM
insulting... did you intend that as an insult?

no way, i was sticking up for him and his right to post as much gibberish as he wants

i will admit your gibberish is more readable, keep up the good work

David G
04-28-2012, 10:07 AM
it's way too early to ask him to make sense

No... I'd say it's way too LATE. Those days are past, unfortunately.

David G
04-28-2012, 10:17 AM
And why would that be? (Stupid people like me do not understand erudite comments so yo need to explain - if you can.)

I don't really know why. Did I imply that I did? Maybe SV knows. You could ask him.

S.V. Airlie
04-28-2012, 10:21 AM
it's way too early to ask him to make senseAnd all you do is C&P as you couldn't post anything in your own words that would make sense either wart. You have to C&P. Otherwise....And doug to make it clear for you not being a morning person: Bail is not determined only by being an indigent. There are other factors that are considered in determining bail.There, happy now? Go back to bed, it's not noon yet..

wardd
04-28-2012, 10:26 AM
And all you do is C&P as you couldn't post anything in your own words that would make sense either wart. You have to C&P. Otherwise....And doug to make it clear for you not being a morning person: Bail is not determined only by being an indigent. There are other factors that are considered in determining bail.There, happy now? Go back to bed, it's not noon yet..

if someone has already said what i want to say, why reinvent the wheel

S.V. Airlie
04-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Because you are lazy.Wardd.

wardd
04-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Because you are lazy.Wardd.

yup, the easiest way is the best way

S.V. Airlie
04-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Good to know wardd. Jumping off a cliff to reach the bottom is certainly easier than taking the trail By all means, jump. It is the easiest and best way as you say.I expect to hear your name mentioned when the Darwin awards are announced.

wardd
04-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Good to know wardd. Jumping off a cliff to reach the bottom is certainly easier than taking the trail By all means, jump. It is the easiest and best way as you say.I expect to hear your name mentioned when the Darwin awards are announced.

jamie have you ever considered leaving your brain to science or one of those oddest things in the world museums?

S.V. Airlie
04-28-2012, 12:19 PM
The local hospital only requested yours. Maybe it was the Natural History Museum actally, so, no. There is a museum full of oddities in Philly. It asked me to be on the look out for a half duck half man oddity. I had better call them one back and say I might have found one.

wardd
04-28-2012, 12:23 PM
The local hospital only requested yours. Maybe it was the Natural History Museum actally, so, no. There is a museum full of oddities in Philly. It asked me to be on the look out for a half duck half man oddity. I had better call them one back and say I might have found one.

this is really cleaver

Tom Montgomery
04-28-2012, 02:23 PM
who is missing from this thread?

the originator?

It seems to me someone who represents himself as being nearly indigent to the court but who actually has access to hundreds of thousands of dollars (and manages to spend 50 grand on "living expenses" only one week after being released from jail) would qualify as a flight risk.

YMMV

John Smith
04-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Phillip just forget it. In the world of horses, there is a term "they have the bit in their teeth" and their minds are made up.
I don't see anyone here posting that their minds are made up except you. You seem to believe Zimmerman did not lie. Others are simply pointing out that he likely did so.

I'm sure it will all come out in due time.

John Smith
04-28-2012, 02:28 PM
You're absolutely right of course: if you don't know you have money, when you really do, it's not dishonest to say you have no money. I assume -- and I could be wrong-- that Zimmerman knew of the donations, but kept quiet.

For the records, I don't think I am losing my mind

Again, I could be wrong

I'll wait and see. I'm still waiting for someone to look at this incident as trayvon feeling threatened and standing his ground.

S.V. Airlie
04-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Boy, there are a lot of judges in the courtroom today..Who needs facts? The real judge for the case doesn't need to even show up. Maybe, he will go fishing instead.:)

S.V. Airlie
04-28-2012, 02:39 PM
I don't see anyone here posting that their minds are made up except you. You seem to believe Zimmerman did not lie. Others are simply pointing out that he likely did so.

I'm sure it will all come out in due time.I have an open mind, few here appear to. In an earlier post, I said WAIT FOR THE JUDGE. I stand by that. I hope I'm clear enough for you.

Tom Montgomery
04-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Settle down. There are no judges here and this is no court room. We are simply citizens with opinions.

Tom Montgomery
04-28-2012, 03:02 PM
want to know what I think about when I see one of this forum's lynch mobs show up?
look here... don't forget to actually read it!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/l-riots-good-samaritan-remembers-scary-truck-driver-105229769.html

Sheesh...

don't like it... don't join lynch mobs!

A few people express similar opinions with which you don't agree and you characterize them as a "lynch mob" and compound such nonsense by equating opinions expressed on an Internet forum to the L.A. Riots.

Absurd and silly.

wardd
04-28-2012, 03:25 PM
why do you have to be so insulting to Jamie?

at least i call him jamie

wardd
04-28-2012, 03:34 PM
that makes you so much better than all the rest.

i'm glad you feel that way

S.V. Airlie
04-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Actually, I'd be happy if you don't call me Jamie at all. Calling me by my first name, not my formal one, suggests we like each other and have something in common. We don't, I don't know you. In fact I don't want to. Stick with Airlie.

S.V. Airlie
04-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Airlie,

Either one strikes me as better than what they call me: "stupid and ignorant," or on a good day inf they are feeling charitable, STIFF1, or TANSTIFFJust goes to show they don't have much in the way of any imagination really.Both words are overly used and abused. Reading them no longer has the same impact on me when they use them. Hey, when I taught school, I'd tell my students that if I ever used the "F" word in class, watch out. I used it once..Could have heard a pin drop because they knew I meant it when I said it..

Tom Montgomery
04-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Just goes to show they don't have much in the way of any imagination really. Both words ["stupid" and "ignorant"] are overly used and abused. Reading them no longer has the same impact on me when they use them.

Yep, I hear you. That's why I opted for "absurd" and "silly."