View Full Version : Question for the metalworkers here.

04-24-2012, 08:24 PM
A friend of mine has a cast iron stanley cooker similar to this: http://www.waterfordstanley.com/media/196969/solid-fuel.jpg

The cast top of the stove is warped from front to back, but not cracked or broken.

Is it possible to take the warp out of cast iron?

Any ideas?

04-24-2012, 08:26 PM
is it too much to grind?

would it be too thin?

04-24-2012, 08:28 PM
the only thing i can think off now, is clamp it to a welding table and heat and increase clamping pressure

Paul Pless
04-24-2012, 08:30 PM

Phillip Allen
04-24-2012, 08:46 PM
I think it is a mistake to try to straighten it... if it breaks you will then have to braze it with nickle