PDA

View Full Version : Dad brag

TomF
04-24-2012, 03:37 PM
My daughter's just finished 3rd year, majoring in English with minors in French and Spanish. The last of her grades were posted today, and the last time she got anything beneath an A- was grade 5. Quite a streak.

My older son's just finished 1st year sciences, and though his grades aren't all posted yet, so far he's racked up two A+. Last term he earned A+ in all but one subject ... which was an A-.

Daddy's little retirement fund. :D

B_B
04-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Daddy's little retirement fund. :D
Your son, maybe. Your English major'll be flipping burgers or driving cab. ;)

Congrats on your child rearing, you, and your spouse, appear to have done a magnificent job. :D

Donn
04-24-2012, 03:42 PM
3rd year and 1st year of what?

Good jobs, notwithstanding, but I wouldn't count on them supporting you in your doddering years.:d

bobbys
04-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Sweet!

chas
04-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Children who rise to the challenge are such a rush for the parents. May yours continue to relish the challenges ahead and for you to bask in the success you have enjoyed to date.

An open thread on this topic could put even schoonersarse to shame, on both prolific post count and hornblowing, LOL.

"Daddy's little retirement fund. :D" Take it the kid's don't follow Dad's online passions. / Jim

TomF
04-24-2012, 04:06 PM
3rd year and 1st year of what?

Good jobs, notwithstanding, but I wouldn't count on them supporting you in your doddering years.:dOf Bachelor's degrees, for each of them. Arts and Science, respectively.

My daughter wants to teach, which is a sure road to financial ruin. But the lad is quietly trying to ready himself for medicine - hence declaring a bio-chem major. He'd rather work as a research scientist, I think, but he's too financially practical.

To be sure though, they're both too smart to be on the hook looking after me as I dodder. My ticket will be from my youngest, who could make his millions as a rock drummer, with the right luck. After a few years of that lifestyle, Nat and I can spend my remaining time being deaf and senile together. :D

Donn
04-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Deaf and senile is a workable combination. Everything sounds like you remember. DAMHIKT.

Tom Montgomery
04-24-2012, 04:46 PM
You have every right to be proud, Tom!

Flying Orca
04-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Smart kids are a joy, and you've got 'em - awesome!

AussieBarney
04-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Tom, Wow, grades like that are hard work. I just got an assignment back from my university, a high distinction. hard work but worth it. I hope your little ones do well and are as successful as they can be.

David W Pratt
04-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Congratulations

McMike
04-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Very good!!! Their commitment now will pay them back big time!