PDA

View Full Version : What's the matter with yuz? Didn't you read HuffPoop yesterday?

TANSTAF1
04-06-2012, 07:15 AM
so now it's Palin 1 couric 1.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/04/sarah-palin-today-ratings-couric_n_1403269.html

Palin's controversial guest-hosting stint on "Today" helped propel the show to a ratings victory on Tuesday. That's not news in and of itself -- after all, "Today" has won nearly every day for 16 years -- but Couric's week-long return to morning television on "Good Morning America" has added a new intensity to the proceedings.

"Today" drew 5.497 million viewers, with 2.209 million of them in the coveted A25-54 demo. "GMA" drew 5.141 million viewers, with 1.917 million in the demo.

While that might seem like a straight set of bad news for "GMA," ABC can take comfort in the fact that, in total viewers, the gap between the two shows was only slightly bigger than Monday's gap.

Tom Montgomery
04-06-2012, 07:21 AM
yawn

Ian McColgin
04-06-2012, 07:27 AM
While a nice one-day ratings bit, Palin also showed that she's a feather-weight even by the relaxed standards of network morning shows. That's why she hasn't got a job offer. And won't. She can't compete with or complement the drudge-rush. And she doesn't have the interest for even the frothiest morning broadcast.

TANSTAF1
04-06-2012, 07:32 AM
I don't watch any of them as they would put me back to sleep. I understand they kept Sarah on a short leash and she was only allowed to basically do, "Next up, the weather with (whoever does their weather)."

I am only happy that Lauer and Couric must have crapped in their panties to see her ratings.

S.V. Airlie
04-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Ian, Why the heck is she looking for a job except to stay busy? How much money does she need?

TANSTAF1
04-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Arlie, you're right! She's not doing it for money, but rather a desire to counter the lefty view that prevails in the lamestream media.

Lew Barrett
04-06-2012, 09:40 AM
That becomes fact only if she would she would do it for free.

Gerarddm
04-06-2012, 09:59 AM
"Arlie, you're right! She's not doing it for money, but rather a desire to counter the lefty view that prevails in the lamestream media."

Which said view is accurate, so it should​ prevail.

Arizona Bay
04-06-2012, 10:21 AM
I could picture her as a weather presenter...

TANSTAF1
04-06-2012, 10:37 AM

Really?

TANSTAF1
04-06-2012, 10:39 AM
"Arlie, you're right! She's not doing it for money, but rather a desire to counter the lefty view that prevails in the lamestream media."

Which said view is accurate, so it should​ prevail.

So how does this explain why lamestream viewership is going down, down, down? Maybe folks are tired of watching the left hand talking to the more left hand.

ron ll
04-06-2012, 10:41 AM
She's a publicity hound like Kim Kardashian. Both will be as forgotten as Paris Hilton soon.

ccmanuals
04-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Who doesn't like to watch a train wreck or a NASCAR crash? :)

BrianW
04-06-2012, 11:37 AM
From another thread, on the same topic...

We'll be watching Katie tomorrow and for the rest of the week. Today will have to wait a week; I can't stand Palin. It would be no surprise if Today discovers their ratings drop like a stone this week.

Lew Barrett
04-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Arlie, you're right! She's not doing it for money, but rather a desire to counter the lefty view that prevails in the lamestream media.

Really?

"Soitanly." Follow your own line of reasoning. If she's "not doing it for the money," then she's not doing it.....for the money. IE: she has other motivations and would do it for them. This is unproven until she does it for free. Until then, we can legitimately assume she considers this a job for pay; what she went to school for, in fact.

ron ll
04-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Until then, we can legitimately assume she considers this a job for pay; what she went to school for, in fact.

She went to school? :)

Lew Barrett
04-06-2012, 11:57 AM
She went to school? :)

A number of times..........and for many years. Going to school is one thing, absorbing the content quite another, of course. For instance, they even gave me a diploma.......I rest my case!

Her status with her fans is a continuing source of wonder, but maybe as cc says.....everybody loves to watch a slow motion crash. I predict her ratings will not be as dire as others think they will be, but I won't be watching. Then again, I don't watch morning talk shows. Whatever they paid her, I'm sure she's worth it :D

fishrswim
04-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Morning talkshows are infotainment. Sarah provides the tainment part. Someone else will have to provide the info part. I didn't watch, but I do understand morbid curiosity.

Waddie
04-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I could care less about Sarah Palin. But she must be the most dangerous woman on the planet considering how serious you all take her every move. She really gets to you, doesn't she.....? Come on - it's OK to admit it...If she really is the lightweight you make her out to be, why so many threads trashing her? Why such animosity? Why such venomous attacks? Why continue to give her so much press here in the Bilge? This tells me you see her as a real threat, a serious player.

regards,
Waddie

ron ll
04-06-2012, 01:21 PM
I could care less about Sarah Palin. But she must be the most dangerous woman on the planet considering how serious you all take her every move. She really gets to you, doesn't she.....? Come on - it's OK to admit it...If she really is the lightweight you make her out to be, why so many threads trashing her? Why such animosity? Why such venomous attacks? Why continue to give her so much press here in the Bilge? This tells me you see her as a real threat, a serious player.

regards,
Waddie

Yes I admit it, she's dangerous and she scares the crap out of me. Anytime someone that ignorant can get so close to wielding that much power scares me, as it should you.

Waddie
04-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Yes I admit it, she's dangerous and she scares the crap out of me. Anytime someone that ignorant can get so close to wielding that much power scares me, as it should you.

I get your fear back when she was the VP candidate. But she'll never be in any office again. Why the angst now?

regards,
Waddie

ron ll
04-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I get your fear back when she was the VP candidate. But she'll never be in any office again. Why the angst now?

regards,
Waddie

That's the trainwreck part. :D

Meli
04-06-2012, 06:16 PM
I'd say she's doing it because she just has to have her mug on the teev, anywhere anyway :D

Nicholas Scheuer
04-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Palin IS the "lamestream media", now.

Tom Montgomery
04-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Palin IS the "lamestream media", now.

Because that is where the money is.

bobbys
04-06-2012, 07:55 PM
I did not know this was a SP thread.

S P is like Emotional catnip to libs.

"tolerant", "Woman loving" libs go insane.

bobbys
04-06-2012, 07:59 PM
She's a publicity hound like Kim Kardashian. Both will be as forgotten as Paris Hilton soon..

You seem to have lists of woman that bother you...

bobbys
04-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Yes I admit it, she's dangerous and she scares the crap out of me. Anytime someone that ignorant can get so close to wielding that much power scares me, as it should you..

HHHMMMM The fact she had one of the highest Approval ratings as Gov in Alaska sorta throws your inane theory overboard.

Why not just be honest about it and say your sore she is a popular Conservative instead of making chit up .

bobbys
04-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Palin IS the "lamestream media", now..

Hey, I can watch it now....

bobbys
04-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Because that is where the money is..

Conservatives... In it for the Money.

Liberals.. Noble brave Warriors undaunted by mere money.

LOL

bobbys
04-06-2012, 08:09 PM
She went to school? :).

Not hard to look up , Are you this desperate this is a talking point ?

bobbys
04-06-2012, 08:15 PM
I'd say she's doing it because she just has to have her mug on the teev, anywhere anyway :D.

I even have her calendar ., Course we do not bow to it, Well OK sometimes....

DECEMBER is over but we leave it up anyways.

But If you had a Calendar I would at least put it up next to SPs.

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac262/bobby53bucket/CIMG2327.jpg?t=1322807698

Meli
04-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Bobbys, I love you like a brother BUT even Pauline Hanson is smarter than Sarah Palin .
The woman is an annoying Air head, amusing from this side of the world but annoying.

Meli
04-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Michelle: Aristotle was not Belgian, the principle of Buddhism is not "every man for himself," and the London Underground is not a political movement! Those are all mistakes, Sarah. I looked them up.

bobbys
04-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Bobbys, I love you like a brother BUT even Pauline Hanson is smarter than Sarah Palin .
The woman is an annoying Air head, amusing from this side of the world but annoying..

Who is Pauline Hanson?.

A spice girl?{A nice little funny for glenn to go with}

Meli
04-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Nah, not that smart :D

bobbys
04-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Nah, not that smart :D.

Hey i do not know any Australian Politicians, I thought Crocodile Dundee and Olivia Newton John ran the place!:D

Meli
04-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Here you go.
Aussie pin up for you. :EEEEEEK

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2011/11/11/1226192/910521-pauline-hanson.jpg

http://www.onenation.com.au/HANSON02.jpeg

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2010/11/26/1225961/683614-pauline-hanson-amp-sarah-palin.jpg

Lew Barrett
04-06-2012, 10:42 PM
I did not know this was a SP thread.

Read the opening post!

so now it's Palin 1 couric 1.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/04/sarah-palin-today-ratings-couric_n_1403269.html

Lew Barrett
04-06-2012, 11:00 PM
S P is like Emotional catnip to libs.

So very true, at least for me. I find talking about her a hoot, very compelling and an amusement in it's own right!
But scary. But funny.

"tolerant", "Woman loving" libs go insane.

Not so much in agreement here. There's nothing about ripping on SP that makes me feel in the least bit guilty or out of line.
Please refudiate if you can.

PeterSibley
04-07-2012, 12:47 AM

regards,
Waddie

The fear from the rest of us is that America even considered such a vacuous person as a VP, literally one heart attack away from POTUS. That's what's horrifying, that the voters of the US, fortunately not a majority, would consider her fit for such a position . What possible qualifications she had in those voter's eyes is a complete mystery .

So...it's not SP that is frightening, she's wandering the halls of TV studios now. It's that a large number of US citizens considered her fit to be their VP and potential President . That is the frightening part.

bobbys
04-07-2012, 12:58 AM
Read the opening post!.

What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?.

The thread title is about the Huff Post, Why would think it had anything to do with SP, I cannot be everywhere all the time , Is it not enough i have to keep a eye on Glenn as he rampages threw the forum creating havoc, Scaring old ladies and puppy's. Lucky thing i caught this just in time !

bobbys
04-07-2012, 01:01 AM
The fear from the rest of us is that America even considered such a vacuous person as a VP, literally one heart attack away from POTUS. That's what's horrifying, that the voters of the US, fortunately not a majority, would consider her fit for such a position . What possible qualifications she had in those voter's eyes is a complete mystery .

So...it's not SP that is frightening, she's wandering the halls of TV studios now. It's that a large number of US citizens considered her fit to be their VP and potential President . That is the frightening part..

What is frightening is having Joe Biden next in line.

bobbys
04-07-2012, 01:09 AM
So very true, at least for me. I find talking about her a hoot, very compelling and an amusement in it's own right!
But scary. But funny.

Not so much in agreement here. There's nothing about ripping on SP that makes me feel in the least bit guilty or out of line.
Please refudiate if you can..

Is this how you act during Passover?

PeterSibley
04-07-2012, 01:12 AM

Not to me.

Waddie
04-07-2012, 02:10 AM

So...it's not SP that is frightening, she's wandering the halls of TV studios now. It's that a large number of US citizens considered her fit to be their VP and potential President . That is the frightening part.

I guess the US has a much stronger influence on the rest of the world than I ever imagined. Why would Australians even care who got elected over here? Do we really matter that much to you ? Do we really influence your daily lives that much? Very few Americans really care who gets elected in other countries . Man, the USA MUST be a super power.......

BTW; I also hold Sarah Palin on the same level as Joe Biden. I don't see much difference.

regards,
Waddie

Meli
04-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Waddie, you are usually smarter than that.
It's not just Australians.
Other ordinary people all over the world hold their collective breath when somthing like 9/11 happens.

I was in London. rang friends in Belgium, Holland and Greece, the USA and Australia.
The common reaction after the initial horror and shock, was How will the Americans respond?
We Got Iraq, could have been worse.

Just a bit of straight talk not a attack on ordinary Americans.

America IS a super power with sometimes stupid leaders. Bush was bad enough, Regan was scary, SARAH PALIN?

TANSTAF1
04-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Originally Posted by bobbys http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?p=3370535#post3370535).

Not to me.

Are you serious?

PeterSibley
04-07-2012, 05:43 AM
Compared to SP ? are you kidding? A primary requirement is a bit of knowledge about the world outside Alaska and Sarah failed .

Tell me why you prefer Palin to Biden ,leave party affliation out of it .

Tom Montgomery
04-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Tell me why you prefer Palin to Biden ,leave party affliation out of it .

She's prettier than him. And when she winks at the camera my heart goes all a flutter.

John Smith
04-07-2012, 06:29 AM
She's prettier than him. And when she winks at the camera my heart goes all a flutter.

I often wonder where she'd be now if she wasn't so attractive.

I also wonder why anyone is still interested in anything she says, or Cheney says, or Rumsfeld says, etc........

PeterSibley
04-07-2012, 07:16 AM

I suspect that that is all too true for too many of her faithful.

TANSTAF1
04-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Obviously looks has something to do with it. But you don't get 90% approval ratings as governor on looks alone.

As for Biden, most of what he "knows" is wrong.

ccmanuals
04-07-2012, 09:32 AM
If you haven't seen "'Game Change" you really must. It answers a whole lot of questions.

fishrswim
04-07-2012, 10:12 AM

Not to me either.

Lew Barrett
04-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Obviously looks has something to do with it. But you don't get 90% approval ratings as governor on looks alone.

As for Biden, most of what he "knows" is wrong.

At her peak maybe. Of course, Alaska is among the most conservative states in the union, with a strong argument that it is the most right leaning state of the lot. By the end of her term, just before she quit, she was down to 56%, so your figure is culled for maximum benefit. 'Course, they aren't running her Gubernatorial approval ratings now, for as a quitter and non-governor, there is nothing to rate. Her ratings dropped consistently throughout her term, and it's a matter of speculation what they might be today (were she the Gov), but your figure is off by a factor of almost 90% itself if her final ratings are tallied. These days, Palin' ratings in Alaska are even lower than they are in the lower 48......about 25% approval in Alaska. This in a largely Republican state. [B]LINK (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/10/11/palins-popularity-declines-in-alaska/)

Your comment is in contradiction with the data, and without grounding in the facts as they are today. Palin's approval ratings (in a more general sense) in Alaska are now down to below 30% but as I said, they don't/can't credit her performance as governor any longer. Clearly, quitting was not good for her rep there.

SP Job approval ratings (source), (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin)

As governor of Alaska, Palin's job approval rating ranged from a high of 93% in May 2007 to 54% in May 2009. In November 2006, the month before Palin took office, Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski’s job approval rating was 19%.[162]
Date Approval Disapproval Pollster
May 15, 2007[163] 93% Not reported Dittman Research
May 30, 2007[164] 89% Not reported Ivan Moore Research
October 19–21, 2007[165] 83% 11% Ivan Moore Research
April 10, 2008[166] 73% 7% Rasmussen Reports
May 17, 2008[167] 69% 9% Rasmussen Reports
July 24–25, 2008[168] 80% Not reported Hays Research Group
July 30, 2008[168] 64% 14% Rasmussen Reports
September 20–22, 2008[169] 68% Not reported Ivan Moore Research
October 7, 2008[170] 63% 37% Rasmussen Reports
March 24–25, 2009[171] 59.8% 34.9% Hays Research
May 4–5, 2009[171] 54% 41.6% Hays Research
June 14–18, 2009[172] 56% 35% Global Strategy Group

Is this how you act during Passover?

Above is how I spend Passover: plaguing the Oppressors and those who would keep My People in bondage! :D

bobbys
04-07-2012, 11:20 AM
LOL im still sending you a pic of the only eligible young Jewish lad on the Oregon Coast in hopes you have a spare Shana Maidela!

Lew Barrett
04-07-2012, 11:23 AM
I do (have a spare shayne maydel) ! Send photo, and include specs on boat and motor :D

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff76/LewBarrett/IMG_3369.jpg

Here she is! Ready to wade across parted seas.........

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff76/LewBarrett/RachelandManny.jpg

Comes with cat, but reduced dowry since Patriarch's retirement!

All offers considered!

bobbys
04-07-2012, 01:11 PM
I am looking for a photo.

Just saw him off on a Trolling trip.

She is a cutie!.

Please send me your last 4 years Tax reports and remember i know about Depreciation and how you push the dinner expense's to the limit!.

TANSTAF1
04-07-2012, 03:12 PM
If you haven't seen "'Game Change" you really must. It answers a whole lot of questions.

why would you recommend something that is totally inaccurate?

Lew Barrett
04-07-2012, 03:51 PM
How do you respond to Palin's latest approval numbers Tan, or should we just enjoy this fine afternoon?

PeterSibley
04-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Done !:d

ccmanuals
04-07-2012, 05:18 PM
why would you recommend something that is totally inaccurate?

I would recommend this because it's very accurate. Does that answer your question.

TANSTAF1
04-07-2012, 08:53 PM
I confess I haven't watched it, but then I was there either so I have to depend on those who were. The people who wrote the book/made the movie weren't there and they have an agenda, just you and many others here.

PeterSibley
04-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Agenda ... what a loaded word ! Preconceptions ? Preferences ? the way you view the world .TANNY you of all people should be careful about the accusation of agenda !:D:rolleyes:

Lew Barrett
04-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Done !:d

I enjoyed it too!

ccmanuals
04-08-2012, 09:50 AM
I confess I haven't watched it, but then I was there either so I have to depend on those who were. The people who wrote the book/made the movie weren't there and they have an agenda, just you and many others here.

Well, not really. The movie was based and closely coordinated with Steve Schmidt. You know who he is?