PDA

View Full Version : Back to School?

darkwtrs
10-21-2000, 01:19 PM
I am considering enrolling in the Westlawn program.....largely out of personal interest, but also as something that might lead to a career change. Any grads out there who could comment on the quality and value of the program??

Ed Harrow
10-22-2000, 03:46 PM
Hi, I have no personal experience with Westlawn (If you hang out here much you'll find that I say that alot, but it never keeps me from making an offering that I hope others find useful.)

The other weekend I went on a "cruise" with some parties from IRYS. One of those on the boat was David Pednick, NA. He went, I believe I recollect, to Westlawn. He did speak very highly of the school that he attended, he also indicating that it was an extremely intense program.

If Westlawn was founded by a shipbuilder, and if the tuition is largely covered by his endowment, then we are talking about the same institution. Best to you in this.

fair&fair
01-14-2001, 10:38 PM
Westlawn is a correspondence school. You are talking about Webb Institute which does indeed provide free tuition to the students. That is a program in Naval architecture, Westlawn is a program in yacht design.