PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones!

bamamick
03-18-2012, 05:58 PM
I just watched the entire season 1 from start to finish (over a three day period) and I have to say that this is now ranked #2 among my all-time favourite television series, behind HBO's other masterpiece, 'Rome', and as it continues it just might topple Varenus and Pullo from the top o' the heap!

I don't have HBO but I have watched several of their series on dvd. It is easier that way for me because I don't usually have time to sit and watch a tv series as it appears. Much better to pick a slow day and sit and watch.

Anyone else like this show? I started to read one of the books some time ago but found it slow and didn't finish it. The series is anything but slow, and right now, at the end of season 1, there are about five different story lines that all seem pretty interesting.

Mickey Lake

McMike
03-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Love it!!!

Deadwood, if you havent seen it, is also very, very good.

Gerarddm
03-18-2012, 06:00 PM
I just picked up on a couple of episodes. It may become addicting. I guess I'll have to go for the HBO cable package once I move next month, LOL.

Bruce Taylor
03-18-2012, 06:22 PM
We gobbled it up.

StevenBauer
03-18-2012, 08:14 PM
I watched the first few episodes back when we had HBO. Once HBO was gone I just read all five books while waiting for the DVD or Netflix.

Have you seen Sparticus? The violence is over the top but the series is excellent.

Steven

BrianY
03-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Read all the books, watched all the episodes...loved them all. HBO did a great job adapting the VERY complex plot lines into an intelligible TV series. Excellent cast too especially the guy that plays Tyrion Lannister.

McMike
03-19-2012, 05:29 AM
I watched the first few episodes back when we had HBO. Once HBO was gone I just read all five books while waiting for the DVD or Netflix.

Have you seen Sparticus? The violence is over the top but the series is excellent.

Steven

I like Sparticus a lot. But I liked the guy who played Sparticus in the first two seasons better; too bad a bout him . . .

John Smith
03-19-2012, 06:18 AM
I just picked up on a couple of episodes. It may become addicting. I guess I'll have to go for the HBO cable package once I move next month, LOL.
HBO has done some great documentaries, also, over the years. I have a VHS tape of their "Trial of the Chicago 8" which is aging, but I'll gladly send to anyone interested.

MOre recently they aired "Hot Coffee" and "Too Big to Fail".

bamamick
03-19-2012, 07:19 AM
The violence in 'Spartacus' WAS too much over the top for me. I couldn't make it past an episode or three.

Mickey Lake